It's What They Want Us To Believe

StaunchLondonGer

1 hour ago, pollok-bear said:

To cut a long story short celtic are fucking pish and we are still fucking 2nd  

I don't think we have enough  players on the bench that are capable of changing things.

That would probably account for SG's lack of trying to change things through substitutions

On 15/02/2020 at 13:38, StaunchLondonGer said:

In the last few weeks I’ve gone through several emotions about the team I love: frustrated, disbelieving, raging, embarrassed….and by yesterday I’d pretty much settled on disillusioned (mixed with the usual biting animosity I tend to feel towards all things scum-related when the fuckers start to gloat).

I woke up this morning determined to adopt a positive attitude because, frankly, that’s what I expect of our players and that’s what is necessary if they are going to achieve anything this season or next. If I write them all off as bottle-merchants (exactly what I’d done) then I’m effectively telling myself we’re back to ground zero, no better off than when Ally went off to tend bushes and Pedro planted himself in the middle of one to argue with fans.

And how could that be? How could we be on par with the scum - outclassing them in two games in succession including a comfortable victory at the piggery – and then a mere six weeks later be miles behind them in every department with no prospect of stopping 15 in a row, let alone 10?

You’re right, it makes no fucking sense at all. And it’s exactly what the unwashed WANT us to believe.

The present celtic team is ordinary with a couple of special players. Nothing we can’t handle as we have emphatically proven. And their manager is a bitter, mentally unstable, man-child.

What I fully expected to happen after the piggery was for us to kick on and for them:

1.      to drop a few points

2.      scum fans start moaning

3.      Lemon gets rattled, rants, implodes, leaves

4.      We get 55

So, dubious refereeing aside, I honestly have NO FUCKING IDEA why a group of players who fought like lions both in Europe and against our bitterest rivals have suddenly come back from their holidays a shadow of their former selves. I mean, seriously – wtf?

But we do by and large have the necessary quality in this current team. Only a few weeks ago we were revelling in the skills of Ryan Jack, Davis, Kent, Morelos and the ever reliable McGregor. And we still have them. We know the frailties of Tav, Goldson, Katic etc but they also bring positives. And as I said already, that celtic team is simply ordinary.

For me, our overall skill-level is good enough. But we are lacking two things:

1.      A winning mentality (which I honestly thought we were getting!)

2.      A formula for winning ugly against inferior opposition

Gerrard simply HAS to rediscover what made our team gel and fire on all cylinders before the last break. What did we have in the team that enabled them to walk out to a 99% hostile crowd at the scum-dome and cruise to victory?

And he has to wise up and understand that in Scotland football isn’t rocket science. All the teams outside the old firm play a very calculated brand of negative football that involves building a wall that Roger fucking Waters would be proud of.

Week-in, week-out that fucking wall needs to get smashed. It doesn’t have to be pretty, it just needs to get done and 3pts taken. Gerrard has to start mixing it up, bringing on subs much earlier, confusing the hammer throwers with his tactics.

So today I feel a bit more positive. We’ve fucked this league but we still have a chance at the cup and, if we can just strengthen mentally and tactically, we can get 55 next season. I honestly believe that.

A big battering  ram of a centre forward who holds his position and can get onto crosses would help enormously when trying to mix it up.

When the tippy tapped edge of the box stuff fails to work pump the ball into the box from all angles and smash fuck out the opposition a la Hayley/Ferguson/Prso.

14 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Completely disagree. 

We are where we are because we are not consistent against teams like hearts, hamilton, kilmarnock. 

Taigs are irrelevant. They've been bang average this season, but consistent. 

They have also been helped by referees whilst we have been hindered.

Easy to bang out results when you are being helped not so easy when you are hindered.

8 minutes ago, five stars said:

We've failed to hold on to leads in recent away games, sheep, hearts and killie. In each game we've lost really poor goals but we've also failed to take chances on the break that would of finished the game.

3 different scenarios 

Sheep we absolutely battered them in first half and 5 nil would still have flattered them ,played 2nd half like we have played since the break 

Hearts ,they turned in their best game of the season ,sometimes that happens 

Killie ,we were flat again and the ref gives more than 1 game changer against us 

At least they didn’t have the same causes 

7 hours ago, pollok-bear said:

To cut a long story short celtic are fucking pish and we are still fucking 2nd  

yup that's a slightly more concise version. But I had a half hour to kill on Saturday waiting for the mrs and your version would have only taken 30 seconds. 😉

Archived