We need to get behind SG and the team - they have been excellent and can still win the league

Blue_Devil

Just now, Hutton2008 said:

Hamilton away is a good result as is their draw with us.

They have been lacking goals and brought Main into the picture. They are not playing badly. They are turning it around.

See how that mob enjoy 70mph winds up by the North Sea. It’s not an easy game.

you can have any bet you like  that celtic will win comfortably tmor hope i am wrong but i expect around a 2-3 goal win for them

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Hamilton away is a good result as is their draw with us.

They have been lacking goals and brought Main into the picture. They are not playing badly. They are turning it around.

See how that mob enjoy 70mph winds up by the North Sea. It’s not an easy game.

It is an easy game for the taigs. They have put 3-4 past that lot the last few times they've visited. I expect the same tomorrow without a doubt. 

If they are dropping points your looking at hibs or livi away tbh. 

I'll be the first to eat my words if we turn it round.  But I'm not convinced we have the mentality yet to pull back the gap we've allowed them to take. 

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

i am not arguing that on paper this season and last  our record is very good  the  point i am making is walters teams played a far better quality of opposition than we have played in the last 2 seasons  you are not looking at like for like

Some years, yes, but some of our best teams got knocked out to Sparta Prague, Levaki Sofia, AEK or Kaunus.

The point is that this team has not just done well because the SPFL are sh*t. Porto, YB and Feyenoord are good teams.

Our only hope and it’s a glimmer at that is for their game to be postponed tomorrow and ours to go ahead.  If they progress in the Europa it gives them no time to play tomorrow’s game any time before the split.  We’d have to win every game up until that point and be 4 behind with 1 old firm to play aswell as trips to Aberdeen each and possibly Motherwell.

but then again this team hasn’t won more than 6 games in a row in all competitions.

5 minutes ago, billscott said:

you can have any bet you like  that celtic will win comfortably tmor hope i am wrong but i expect around a 2-3 goal win for them

You're probably right, in fact you're absolutely right. We've heard it all before when the rats have went up to Aberdeen, bad conditions, injuries, suspensions etc and they always win anyway. Just need to win every game up to the split and hope for the best. 

I appreciated we all need to get behind the team and SG but thinking we have a realistic chance of the league is pie in the sky stuff. We need a monumental fuck up from them and us to win most if not every game.  

Would love to be proved wrong, but it will happen, if it does, due to a lot of things falling in our favour.

We could have a fucking average of 2.9 and I wouldn’t give a flying fuck, if we were still sitting second. 

Imagine going into all that detail to tell us how good a team we’ve got that’s sitting 10 points behind the fenians with 12 games to go. 

Idiot! 

1 hour ago, BookWorm said:

I try to stay positive but it is these last few performances that have me seriously doubting 55 Is possible this season. Yes every team has a wobble on the way to a title but we look like an incredibly bad team the we we are playing. Really bad and it doesn't look like the management are changing that. Just at the time we had to put big pressure on tlb and the scum the team just turned to crap.

This, after the winter break was our time to build upon a good win at parkhead, put some real pressure on them, but naw, mid February, we're still in the winter break, while the tarriers are smashing fuck out of everything in their way, racking up a huge goal difference, not particularly looking forward to them visiting Ibrox at this time. 

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

There's no chance we're winning every game, nothing we've shown since January indicates that

We hit a run at the end of the season last year when the league was over, why can't we go on a run this time now that the league is over? 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

I don't think we'll win it now but if we win all of our games up to the split that'll put  us just 4 points behind them with 5 games left, with another crack at them. They've got Livi and Hibs away either side of the game against us, its not impossible that they'll drop points, even a draw would crank up the pressure. We just have to get back to winning games ASAP. 

Europe will have an impact - I expect them to go a round further at least, on account of their easier draw. 

The problem is we don't look capable of putting a run together.

2 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Over the season we have been excellent and have a record that would put us top of most leagues in Europe. Plenty teams have had a stumble and are back on their way back to the top, from Plymouth to Bayern Munich.

The important thing is to get calm, determined heads back on, and the crowd can help with that.

SG has picked up an average of 2.4 points per game. To put it in context, here are our points per game from 9 in a row (adjusted to 3 points for a win):

1988/89: 2.27

1989/90: 1.97

1990/91: 2.19

1991/92: 2.38

1992/93: 2.41*

1993/94: 1.81

1994/95: 1.91

1995/96: 2.42*

1996/97: 2.22

So the current team have results on a par with the most prolific 9 in a row teams. Only 2 have a better points per game than the current Rangers team (marked with *). A win tomorrow would put SG this season on a higher points per game than any season from 9IAR.

It is a different era and a different context but this team has also gone further in Europe than many of the 9IAR teams. SG's results are not just about a poor SPFL. This team does not deserve abuse. The league is not over, others will drop points. We have a game in hand and 2 games to come against the leaders. We have battered them twice and can do so again. Now is the time for calm, clinical heads.

Whilst i admire your optimism, don't you have home work to do?

Archived