Wilder vs Fury II

Essandoh

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I’m a casual boxing fan so I’m not gonna act like I know anything technical but I’m excited for next week. Anyone else watching?

This short doc BT did on that 12th round is brilliant.

Watched a programme about him last week, as is well known he carries mental health issues which he appears to (and hopefully continues to keep under control). The thing that came across is he actually speaks very well and he appears to be a modest likeable guy who’s proud of his heritage, family and his achievements.
I didn’t know much about him before watching this but fair play to the guy and I wish him well going forward...

27 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

Watched a programme about him last week, as is well known he carries mental health issues which he appears to (and hopefully continues to keep under control). The thing that came across is he actually speaks very well and he appears to be a modest likeable guy who’s proud of his heritage, family and his achievements.
I didn’t know much about him before watching this but fair play to the guy and I wish him well going forward...

Hard not to like him.

I like Fury. I shouldn't but I do. When he isn't putting on a show persona for the camera, he speaks a lot of sense and comes across really well.

This is a fascinating bout. Fury will win if it goes 12, but Wilder can win the fight, out of nothing, at any time.

My prediction, something unexpected. Fury wins by TKO in the mid rounds.

Fury is the best thing about heavyweight boxing in an era where its been boring as fuck. 

How he's made it to where he is after his downfall is almost unimaginable. Last time he was out of shape yet still boxed rings around the best heavyweight in the division. 

10 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Fury is the best thing about heavyweight boxing in an era where its been boring as fuck. 

How he's made it to where he is after his downfall is almost unimaginable. Last time he was out of shape yet still boxed rings around the best heavyweight in the division. 

Wilder isn’t the best heavyweight in the division. He’s not even a championship-level fighter save for having a fucking anvil of a knockout punch.

Fury is weighing in about a stone heavier than his last fight against Wilder. So he must want I bit more power this time, which indicates we wants a KO or he thinks Wilder will change his tactics and not just wait for the KO but try and get in closer and he'll need to have a bit of power to keep Wilder off. 

I can't see Fury KOing Wilder but I'd fucking love it if he did. 

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Wilder isn’t the best heavyweight in the division. He’s not even a championship-level fighter save for having a fucking anvil of a knockout punch.

Shows you how bad the standard of heavyweight boxers is when someone like Wilder can dominate. A half fit Fury made him look like a cunt.

3 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Folk always say this about Wilder and, technically he is average but in having a devastating knockout punch....... it's not a bad talent to have as a boxer.

He can win a fight at any time, right up to the final bell - regardless of performance.

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

Folk always say this about Wilder and, technically he is average but in having a devastating knockout punch....... it's not a bad talent to have as a boxer.

He can win a fight at any time, right up to the final bell - regardless of performance.

Absolutely. I’d never argue against calling him the most dangerous fighter on the planet. Drop your guard once and the next thing you’ll be doing is hitting the mat.

Archived