Sign in to follow this  
Essandoh

Wilder vs Fury II

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

Folk always say this about Wilder and, technically he is average but in having a devastating knockout punch....... it's not a bad talent to have as a boxer.

He can win a fight at any time, right up to the final bell - regardless of performance.

Absolutely. I’d never argue against calling him the most dangerous fighter on the planet. Drop your guard once and the next thing you’ll be doing is hitting the mat.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Folk always say this about Wilder and, technically he is average but in having a devastating knockout punch....... it's not a bad talent to have as a boxer.

He can win a fight at any time, right up to the final bell - regardless of performance.

Yup it's the same people who say it and yet he's undefeated and had plenty of defences of the belt.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Absolutely. I’d never argue against calling him the most dangerous fighter on the planet. Drop your guard once and the next thing you’ll be doing is hitting the mat.

I think Wilder himself said that to beat him you'd have to be perfect for 12 rounds whereas he only needs to be perfect for a second and you're out cold. Decent talent to have for a heavyweight boxer!

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Can you elaborate 

I don't like the change of trainer, I don't like Furys comments that he plans to trade blows with Wilder and knock him out. 

I know this could be all mind games, but as has been said in here it takes Wilder one punch to end the fight, I don't believe Fury has that power. 

Added to Eddie Hearn saying he's heard rumours around the Fury camp, I just don't like what I'm hearing. 

Hope I'm wrong. 

born a blue nose likes this

3 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

Shows you how bad the standard of heavyweight boxers is when someone like Wilder can dominate. A half fit Fury made him look like a cunt.

Yet he knocked him down twice.... Fury also made Wlad look weak because of his awkward style.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Yet he knocked him down twice.... Fury also made Wlad look weak because of his awkward style.

First one was a graze, second one is one of the best punches you're ever likely to see in heavyweight boxing. Wilder threw so many bombs during those 12 rounds he's bound to have landed at least one :lol:

3 hours ago, DW1872 said:

I think Wilder himself said that to beat him you'd have to be perfect for 12 rounds whereas he only needs to be perfect for a second and you're out cold. Decent talent to have for a heavyweight boxer!

That was BABN who said that earlier in this thread 😆

born a blue nose and DW1872 like this

Its a fascinating fight...Fury has that belief about him that means he can find a way to win any fight. However, Wilder has a one off knock power which is outrageous. Very difficult to call. If Fury stops Wilder by fighting fire with fire, as he says he going to - it'll be remembered as one of the best heavyweight performances ever. Most likely scenario is a fight similar to the last fight, can see it most likely going 12 rounds or Wilder eventually catching Fury with a bomb and him being counted out. Eitherway, they'll be Wilder v Fury 3 I expect. I think both prob beat Joshua.

On 17/02/2020 at 10:27, Getstiffed said:

Shows you how bad the standard of heavyweight boxers is when someone like Wilder can dominate. A half fit Fury made him look like a cunt.

Tbf the ref is still counting to 8 for fury the now, that was the slowest count ive ever seen in boxing, fury should have been done at that knockdown, instead we have people thinking he won it by 4 rounds 🤔

58 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf the ref is still counting to 8 for fury the now, that was the slowest count ive ever seen in boxing, fury should have been done at that knockdown, instead we have people thinking he won it by 4 rounds 🤔

The ref can only start counting once Wilder goes to the corner, Wilder takes ages going to the corner :lol:

25 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

The ref can only start counting once Wilder goes to the corner, Wilder takes ages going to the corner :lol:

Then after that he looks and checks on fury for a few seconds, plus the count was helluva slow lol

Fury looks in phenomenal shape.

I hope this talk of him going for the KO is just bluff he wins comfortably if he just uses his boxing skill.

Trade off there is only 1winner 

Fury comfortable points win

5 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think it being a draw on points was robbery, but your right about the count, and I think Wilder can be equally annoyed about being robbed a KO victory, the ref even admitted he wanted to give fury a chance! 

If he catches him again like that in this fight it will be a Wilder KO, but I just think and hope Fury will be even sharper this fight and can go the 12 without letting Wilder get that shot in.

20 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I think it being a draw on points was robbery, but your right about the count, and I think Wilder can be equally annoyed about being robbed a KO victory, the ref even admitted he wanted to give fury a chance! 

If he catches him again like that in this fight it will be a Wilder KO, but I just think and hope Fury will be even sharper this fight and can go the 12 without letting Wilder get that shot in.

You actually see it in the video, the ref leans over fury and ask him if he's fine or something BEFORE starting the count 😂

Still though, for a neutral like myself, im glad he did as we got more rounds of a good fight