Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its easy to see why domestically he has failed and Europe he's still going

Scottish football has him sussed, they know if they force us wide and pressure us in the middle were fucked, 

Funnily enough we done the same to braga, 

But scottish football will not allow our system to work now they know it, even before xmas it was struggling, killie at home etc

Hearts never played that way tonight though?

Gerrard changed tactics for their high press..... for whatever reason he clearly thought sucking them so high up the park would work.....I've yet to see a team pull those tactics off as it always produces mistakes from players under pressure 

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Hearts never played that way tonight though?

Gerrard changed tactics for their high press..... for whatever reason he clearly thought sucking them so high up the park would work.....I've yet to see a team pull those tactics off as it always produces mistakes from players under pressure 

They did really, yeah they pressed high but look at the pressure they put in the middle compared to out wide 

As for sucking them high, its alright when its a team like ours, that play football, but when its constant mortars being launched at you they will wear you down, and our system doest give you the pressure on their backline to halt the long ball

He really needs to try something different

"I just need to think, I am feeling pain right now because I want to win here.

“I am desperate to win here, but looking from the side today I didn't get the impression that the feeling among my players was the same." 

Hate to say I told you so but I think it's there in black and white. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"I just need to think, I am feeling pain right now because I want to win here.

“I am desperate to win here, but looking from the side today I didn't get the impression that the feeling among my players was the same." 

Hate to say I told you so but I think it's there in black and white. 

His after match interview is of a broken man that what's to win so badly for us he almost breaks down in his rtv interview imo

Just now, KingKirk said:

His after match interview is of a broken man that what's to win so badly for us he almost breaks down in his rtv interview imo

It's soul destroying because deep down I know somebody like Gerrard will have been hurting from the performances these players have put in since Parkhead, but he's not helped himself either. 

He needs to make tough decisions; the midfield was magnificent on Wednesday against footballers but domestically they have been a shambles more often than not. They invite crosses, they copy high ball teams, they sit off rather than compete. Jack should play where he is stronger as a destroyer, Davis should never play centrally against teams who want to mix it, Arfield runs about trying to look busy but never gets close. Aribo is fine going forward, all in all the midfield looks shambolic when there is a scrap and often when we are on top as well leaving central defenders isolated and unsupported.

Gerrard needs to sort out this area first although he was never the most disciplined of players positionally which may be a problem in itself.

• 7 months later...

The players love Gerrard.  You seen it after the Celtic game.  They’re on the pitch celebrating together.  There’s a togetherness happening at this football team the likes of which we haven’t had in many years.  

What a difference a few weeks make....though the change (apart from Morelas who was definitely sulking) is mainly in supporter attitude, brought on by results. This is a great place to be when we're winning and a morgue when we're not.....simples.

8 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I’m just shocked that a thread has been bumped months after the last post and it isn’t me that’s bumped it.

You weren’t joking were you? You really think it’s your thing. 

24 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Time to bump threads like this is when we've actually achieved something.

And even then its shite patter.

Aye its a bit shite.

The overreaction after every dropped point or poor performance is also hard to read.

Wish people on both sides of the argument would gee it a bit a time to see how it goes 😂

8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye its a bit shite.

The overreaction after every dropped point or poor performance is also hard to read.

Wish people on both sides of the argument would gee it a bit a time to see how it goes 😂

Agreed mate, when you look at some the posts its the usual fannies posting shite, but its harsh to put that on decent posters who were feeling pain back in March.

Archived