Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

We qualified for the L32 of the EL, from a group that could easily have been a CL group. 

Agree with your post overall but I wish we would ditch the party line that our Europa League group was a Champion’s League quality group. Heard Gerrard say it countless times. Just a bit of a riddy imo. 

Yes, the other 3 teams would not be out of place in the CL, but that doesn’t mean our group was of the quality of a CL group. We did well, no need to puff it up. 

10 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I respect your opinion but I disagree.

I don't think Gerrard has lost the dressing room, I believe the players respect that he'll tell them the truth good or bad.

What I think has happened is that the team reviewed the cup final over the winter break and realised that the standard from the officials gifted cfc the title. Most of them are from outwith Scotland so they don't realise how this league despises Rangers.

The cup final situation P'd me off,  so I can only imagine how they felt  after working so hard to get into it. I think it was at this point they adopted a 'what's the point' attitude and stewed on it for the rest of their break, leaving them on a low when the games started back.

source.gif

1 minute ago, Vision said:

source.gif

It's just my opinion.

I think the team are good enough because they've proved themselves in Europe. I believe they respect the manager to tell them the truth good or bad and that Gerard has not lost the dressing room. The only elephant ,I see, in the room is the standard of officiating in the Scottish game, 

I think the team adopted a 'what's the point attitude' with the ref situation. which left the team on a low after the winter break.  Silverware gifted to the opposition and our win over cfc was riddled with poor officiating. 

Like I said it's just my opinion.

23 minutes ago, OhW said:

Agree with your post overall but I wish we would ditch the party line that our Europa League group was a Champion’s League quality group. Heard Gerrard say it countless times. Just a bit of a riddy imo. 

Yes, the other 3 teams would not be out of place in the CL, but that doesn’t mean our group was of the quality of a CL group. We did well, no need to puff it up. 

A collection of Pot 3 and 4 teams ,on the odd occasion Porto are in a higher pot ,so your right champions league teams but not a group 

Bad officiating could be argued for results but performances are lacking. We are relying too much on Alfredo. 

Need change formation for a few weeks I think because we’re playing an ineffective Kent and right sided winger who is a natural number 8. 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

So George Edmundson Who came from that level isn’t good enough then?

Jordan Jones who couldn’t get a game for Kilmarnock, Journeyman Greg Stewart, Liverpool youth Sheyi Ojo, Journeyman Brandon Barker, Motherwell Youth Jake Hastie - they were  all deemed good enough to improve last seasons team. 

How’s that working out?

Edmundson appears to have potential but currently no isnt good enough. The others named may have been hoped to be good enough, none have been.

Some individuals can succeed, some can fail.  But imo to say that in terms of levels that League 1 is better than the spl bar 2 teams is nonsense.  Performing at that level down there cant automatically correlate with being good enough to play for us up here.

54 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It's just my opinion.

I think the team are good enough because they've proved themselves in Europe. I believe they respect the manager to tell them the truth good or bad and that Gerard has not lost the dressing room. The only elephant ,I see, in the room is the standard of officiating in the Scottish game, 

I think the team adopted a 'what's the point attitude' with the ref situation. which left the team on a low after the winter break.  Silverware gifted to the opposition and our win over cfc was riddled with poor officiating. 

Like I said it's just my opinion.

The cup final was about 3 weeks before the OF game, plenty time to analyse ref's performance and they made up for it and also beat the corrupt ref at the same time. 

Should have galvanised them even more imo. 

2 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

To be honest, as someone who watches Bristol rovers in league one I disagree with this completely. The SPL is shit but league one is a whole another level of shit! I think every spl team would get promoted from league one quite comfortably.

Thats fair enough its your opinion, but i disagree, the spfl is utter dung, utter utter dung, 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Moving goalposts and then some. 

Playing / scoring goals for those teams down there simply does not correlate to being good enough for up here. Decent level ffs.

Not moving goalposts at all, poster complained about squad depth, we have 3 guys out on loan who imo are good enough for this league as, imo, league one down south is better than what we'll face up here, hell we even got one of the players out on loan from this league who suddenly isnt good enough? Instead we take a liverpool youth loan instead of keeping our guy, that liverpool loan signing cant get into the matchday squad 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not moving goalposts at all, poster complained about squad depth, we have 3 guys out on loan who imo are good enough for this league as, imo, league one down south is better than what we'll face up here, hell we even got one of the players out on loan from this league who suddenly isnt good enough? Instead we take a liverpool youth loan instead of keeping our guy, that liverpool loan signing cant get into the matchday squad 

All over the place mate.

9 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

League one is better than our opponents bar the tarriers, so yes its a decent level, point still stands that the poster I replied to said we had little squad depth when gerrard chose to send away these 3 guys, all capable of playing in the spfl, 

Hell you could even incude hastie and middleton if you really want to show the lack of depth is down to our manager

So if we go for a rebuild you would be happy to sign players from league 1 in England?

At least it will give you a platform to keep moaning and being critical.....league 1 level of players will not see us challenge the vermin or win trophies!!

Only reason the bad officiating is an issue is because we've dropped points. 

The cup final should have been out of sight we'll before Julian scored, only ourselves to blame. 

Same goes for the bad decisions against Kilmarnock, game we should have had won well before O'Donnell scored. 

The elephant in the room is us fans using bad officiating as an excuse to paper the cracks of our star player being shockingly out of form caused by his red card for diving and subsequent suspension, While our big money signing being undroppable when clearly out of form also. 

1 minute ago, Ryan_1 said:

Only reason the bad officiating is an issue is because we've dropped points. 

The cup final should have been out of sight we'll before Julian scored, only ourselves to blame. 

Same goes for the bad decisions against Kilmarnock, game we should have had won well before O'Donnell scored. 

The elephant in the room is us fans using bad officiating as an excuse to paper the cracks of our star player being shockingly out of form caused by his red card for diving and subsequent suspension, While our big money signing being undroppable when clearly out of form also. 

Fucksakes. If it’s good officiating, we don’t drop points. If it’s good officiating, the scum goal in the cup final doesn’t count. Get a grip. 

6 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Fucksakes. If it’s good officiating, we don’t drop points. If it’s good officiating, the scum goal in the cup final doesn’t count. Get a grip. 

:tu:

Anyone who thinks that the officials have not played a major part in all this ..... with some astounding decisions going against us .... is as blind as the fuckers themselves ..... time for some to open their eyes.

If three good goals all chalked off is not proof enough .... then it's pointless even interacting with them.

🇬🇧

46 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It's obvious who's moving the goalposts, all I heard all summer was we needed squad depth and we would bring in quality late on. Jones etc were good squad players that we lacked.. Now those opinions have done a 180 and the players are not good enough, squad is not big enough etc etc etc..

In the summer we were told quality over quantity by Gerrard, but that didn’t happen.  Our core eleven is the same group of guys from last season.  Aribo and Helander have played a part but beyond that there’s been almost nothing from the other players we signed.  

This summer Gerrard really does need to go after quality.  3 or 4 players with real quality who can take us to that next level.

It could be managerial inexperience in the transfer market but he signed a lot of players that haven’t worked out.  Some of them he just doesn’t seem to like.  Greg Stewart always looks good when given a chance but he very rarely plays. 

13 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Of course he can ffs. He may need to adapt but thats a lot of pish he cant play in a 2.

It’s never really worked with a partner beside him.  Cummings, Lafferty, or Defoe.  Maybe he needs more of a target man who can stay in the box.  Morelos is certainly better as a lone striker or at least he has been up until now.

3 hours ago, OhW said:

Yeah that’s fair enough. A tough group that we punched above our weight in would seem fairer 

35 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

To say Morelos can't play with another striker is based on very limited minutes. Kamberi & Morelos did not look out of place and were inches away from combining in a goal.

To say he can play with another striker is based on even less minutes.

Archived