Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BillStruthBear said:

Ludicrous basis for an argument, I'm actually a bit embarrassed for you. 

You used aribo being shite as a basis for how bad league 1 players are, ive just shown you one that's our captain now, so thats one player for each side of the argument, still nothing convincing me that the players we loaned out aren't better than the likes of jones, ojo etc

2 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

They've got a much bigger squad which they've used, we haven't. 

Gerrards fault then, signed 5 wingers, doesnt play a winger system, brings in 28 players in 18months yet the core squad are apparently burnt out

All this is on gerrard not the players, a lot of people on here seem hesitant to lay any of the blame on gerrard and find anyway to turn it onto the players

I'll say it again, teams have sussed us, its nothing to do with losing the dressing room or everyone burnt out or off form, its our one dimensional system thats causing it, every opponent now knows how we'll play and how to counter it

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gerrards fault then, signed 5 wingers, doesnt play a winger system, brings in 28 players in 18months yet the core squad are apparently burnt out

All this is on gerrard not the players, a lot of people on here seem hesitant to lay any of the blame on gerrard and find anyway to turn it onto the players

I'll say it again, teams have sussed us, its nothing to do with losing the dressing room or everyone burnt out or off form, its our one dimensional system thats causing it, every opponent now knows how we'll play and how to counter it

Players can be burnt out and it can also be Gerrards fault that that is the case. I've already said in other posts that Gerrard takes the blame for that and in no way am I saying it's the players fault for being mismanaged. 

If our season starts early due to European qualifiers and with Cup runs he needs to make sure he has a squad capable of dealing with it and keeping it fresh. 

At times this season Tav, goldson, aribo, Arfield, Kent and now morelos have been out of form but he's been reluctant to change them and sticking with the same players will not help in the long run. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You used aribo being shite as a basis for how bad league 1 players are, ive just shown you one that's our captain now, so thats one player for each side of the argument, still nothing convincing me that the players we loaned out aren't better than the likes of jones, ojo etc

Problem is there are COUNTLESS examples of players from that level not stepping up.

Jamie Vardy played for Fleetwood before Leicester. That doesn’t mean that the National League is a good standard, and it would be daft to use an anomaly as evidence that it is. It simply means Jamie Vardy is too good for that level.

League One is piss poor and if you seriously think we can mount title challenges off the back of signing players from there, then I’m not really sure what to say about that.

As for suggesting that some of our incoming players are/have been no better than ones we’ve loaned out? I completely agree.

43 minutes ago, BillStruthBear said:

Problem is there are COUNTLESS examples of players from that level not stepping up.

Jamie Vardy played for Fleetwood before Leicester. That doesn’t mean that the National League is a good standard, and it would be daft to use an anomaly as evidence that it is. It simply means Jamie Vardy is too good for that level.

League One is piss poor and if you seriously think we can mount title challenges off the back of signing players from there, then I’m not really sure what to say about that.

As for suggesting that some of our incoming players are/have been no better than ones we’ve loaned out? I completely agree.

I never said we could mount a title challenge with league one players, i did say however that Murphy and mccrorie are playing in a better standard overall of league than we are playing in, others have disagreed but its my opinion that league one is better than non old firm spfl

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It would have been had we lost, immense pressure not to fuck it up, and they coasted it

And that attitude is exactly why the tarriers are 10 points in front. They lost that game and haven't looked back, we won the game and thought the hard part was over. 

On 17/02/2020 at 20:04, King Jela said:

This is what is confusing me. The tims have been far and away a better team than last year. Even if we'd beat them at Ibrox in September they'd still be 7 clear. We've been great this year, in general, they've just been better. Hard to accept but that is the case. 

Still a lot of football to be played though. 

Jela, even if we hadn't dropped all the points that we have since the winter break, they would maybe still be ahead of us, and more than likely would go onto win the league. Their form has been outstanding, I hate to say it, but it's true.

On 17/02/2020 at 20:04, King Jela said:

This is what is confusing me. The tims have been far and away a better team than last year. Even if we'd beat them at Ibrox in September they'd still be 7 clear. We've been great this year, in general, they've just been better. Hard to accept but that is the case. 

Still a lot of football to be played though. 

How would they still be 7 clear if we beat them at ibrox back in september? 

19 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

It would have been had we lost, immense pressure not to fuck it up, and they coasted it

You could argue it would have been better if we lost that game which would have given us the incentive to win the games we've dropped points in. We get complacent every time we win a big game like we think the jobs done, we don't seem to build any momentum from big wins. Beating celtic means fuck all when you drop points against everyone else.

18 minutes ago, Willis said:

You could argue it would have been better if we lost that game which would have given us the incentive to win the games we've dropped points in. We get complacent every time we win a big game like we think the jobs done, we don't seem to build any momentum from big wins. Beating celtic means fuck all when you drop points against everyone else.

So you'd prefer us going into a winter break 8 points behind with a game in hand instead of 2 points behind with a game in hand? 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So you'd prefer us going into a winter break 8 points behind with a game in hand instead of 2 points behind with a game in hand? 

It's irrelevant now cause we've fucked it. No point in celebrating what's turning  out to be a worthless victory.

The team seem to think all they need to do is beat the taigs and all the rest will work out, we get complacent every time we do well against them. And at this rate us beating them was just a curse disguised as a blessing because we haven't showed any fight since then

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So you'd prefer us going into a winter break 8 points behind with a game in hand instead of 2 points behind with a game in 

Didnt see the part where he said he'd have preferred us to be 8 points behind going into the winter break, where is it? 

15 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Jela, even if we hadn't dropped all the points that we have since the winter break, they would maybe still be ahead of us, and more than likely would go onto win the league. Their form has been outstanding, I hate to say it, but it's true.

Just imagine they’d came  back with the multiple suspensions they should have or if Griffiths gets sent of V Hamilton when he should have. Couple that with the numerous points in our Aberdeen and Killie games that would have resulted in us getting 3 points. 

Is our form poor? Fucking right however it helps to be officiated fairly and when it is all the chat is ‘sign of a good team grinding out results’.......Hearts aside which was pathetic.

My point is without fail when we are struggling the ref seems to have a stinker yet when they struggle he seems to do them a favour. 

Very few teams will play well over a whole season, people forgetting how well have done at times and overlooking the absolute shit show we are up against - all this chat about need to blow teams away, yeah great would be nice but we need to not be hindered at the first moment of struggling.

Aberdeen away - late pen not given, Cosgrove should be off 

Aberdeen at home a joke (Cosgrove should be off) .....straight red at celtic btw...of course 

Killie away - where to start, where to fucking start  

We imo have managed to over come shocking officiating at celtic away and Hibs/Livi home  

Take Killie away and Livi at home. Stone wall red cards ...they are given, Mibbie we score a few and Mibbie that gets us back on track. 

Again I am not saying we shouldn’t be looking inward but anyone dismissing the impact of refs is imo off the mark. 

On 16/02/2020 at 16:02, BridgeIsBlue said:

They're not playing for him anymore, irregardless of the result nobody can convince me otherwise that those players genuinely give a fuck. 

This is the beginning of the end for Gerrard, deja vu all over again from Warburtons final days. 

Something has clearly happened over the winter break because there's no valid reason for this monumental collapse. 

So do you suggest we get rid of the manager and keep these under-performing players at the club? 

Archived