Sign in to follow this  
BridgeIsBlue

Lost The Dressing Room

I do think there's something in this and other Admin know I mentioned it nearly 5 months ago.

My source is solid.

Edit- Not that he had lost the dressing room, but a lot of players don't know how to take Gerrard and think he's been way too harsh on certain players.

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

I do think there's something in this and other Admin know I mentioned it nearly 5 months ago.

My source is solid.

Edit- Not that he had lost the dressing room, but a lot of players don't know how to take Gerrard and think he's been way too harsh on certain players.

My take as well , I dont think a lot of the squad like the guy.......

40 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Good move from Tav, Jack and Hagi. Work it to Morelos and he skies it. The problem is 3 or 4 key players being out of form, not that they're refusing to try.

This!

And it's impacting the rest of the team re confidence and their form.

The taigs were the same when we beat them at Christmas, they had a few of their key players out of form. 

Now it's reversed. 

That said, up to the management team to find a solution and deal with it. 

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

My source is solid.

In what way mate? Public criticism or behind the scenes?

If they aren’t playing for the manager I’d want every last one of them punted, not one player in that team is worthy of the benefit of the doubt, over a manager

fuck the normal route of getting rid of the manager, get rid of the players in this case, I personally don’t think it’s the case they aren’t playing for Gerrard, to me knowing the majority of the players in our team they are just pure and simple bottle merchants, decent on their day but they don’t have it in them to cope with pressure or the expectations of this club

When Miller and Wallace left so did the last of our squad that had any clue about winning a title, and the bottle and mentality needed to achieve it

The style of possession football we are trying to play is for a team of winners, which we don’t have. Think the team starts to panic when games are close and they don’t believe in themselves to see through a lead or grab a winner. In terms of the filth they are that used to winning that they never panic and seem to always grab 3 points. Our players seem to think that a in against the taigs is good enough when the reality is it means fuck all if they’re just going to collapse under the slightest of pressure time after time. 

Thinking back to when Walter was in charge some the games we played we were fucking brutal but we would always find a way to get the win. 

A load of rubbish. What we have is a form and confidence team, and right now they have neither. They did the same last season, no big ‘problem in the dressing room’ posts then. 

It is far more likely than they can’t hack the cold weather and don’t have the dig for these sort of games.

James Rolle likes this

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

9 games since the break. 

Out of 810 minutes of football how many of those have we even remotely looked like the side we were in December? 

That result today does nothing but paper over the cracks that are glaringly obvious in that side, we could go on to beat Braga on Thursday and everything will be hunky dorey again until we struggle against St Johnstone then go on to exit the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle.

I would honestly accept the point that we do have players badly off form at the moment, had we not collapsed at this exact same stage last season, it's too coincidental. 

But that doesn't mean Gerrard has lost the team, just the the team has lost confidence for some reason or another.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Was like having an extra player.

Kent’s been biggest frustration for me lately ,Always wanting more time ,This 2 or 3 more seconds is allowing any stretch in a defence to recover ,He has the ability to see the early ball but just ain’t trying it 

Before today Livi were the second best team over the past 15 games in Scotland. Based on our poor form and the clusterfuck regarding scheduling and the weather I think we are doing the team a disservice.

Vision likes this

Thursday will tell us a lot imo 

the players seem to like the European stage and we have had some of our best performances in Europe this season. If they swan about no giving a fuck on Thursday then if pretty obvious that he has lost that dressing room and things will only get worse by the summer 

Flatcap likes this

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

9 games since the break. 

Out of 810 minutes of football how many of those have we even remotely looked like the side we were in December? 

That result today does nothing but paper over the cracks that are glaringly obvious in that side, we could go on to beat Braga on Thursday and everything will be hunky dorey again until we struggle against St Johnstone then go on to exit the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle.

I would honestly accept the point that we do have players badly off form at the moment, had we not collapsed at this exact same stage last season, it's too coincidental. 

Pish thread 

ianferguson and TopCat like this