Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

So has Gerrards tactics been fucking us for months? Did he change it to 2 up top which worked then revert back to the same failed tactics 5 minutes later?

Agree that Gerrard's tactics pretty awful.  Alfie, although going through a goal crisis, has struck up a good relationship with Kamberi.  I wouldn't have changed that.  They'd have got more chances.

5 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Why does he need to play Katic in next game? There are other options and if you think Katic deserves to keep his place after that horror show then you are deluded.

He doesn't...We have one other option in Edmunson. 

If Edmunson goes on Wed and has a shocker,, are you then happy for Gerrard to come out pre-match and hammer him like that publicly?

51 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Starts with the same shitey turgid system, we go into half time 1 down, changes said shitey system, we dominate and go 2-1 up, changes back to said shitey turgid system we draw

Theres a pattern forming here, 

This sums it up for me mate, can't for the life of me understand why he did that with such a fragile lead.

2 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Agree that Gerrard's tactics pretty awful.  Alfie, although going through a goal crisis, has struck up a good relationship with Kamberi.  I wouldn't have changed that.  They'd have got more chances.

Absolutely baffling sub considering we had looked dominant since he had changed the system, holding on to a 1 goal lead and not going for the jugular continues to be a weakness of Gerrards.

Just now, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Absolutely baffling sub considering we had looked dominant since he had changed the system, holding on to a 1 goal lead and not going for the jugular continues to be a weakness of Gerrards.

He was clearly frustrated(fucked off) that Alfie missed a good chance to go two up.

If you don't win the league at Rangers you are a failure. It's always been that way and it always will. 

I've not seen many Rangers manager get 3 shots at it. I remember them sticking with Burns during 9IAR and we will see the same thing although it will be much more than 9. Circumstances are different but at the end of the day for a club as big as we are and to have put as much money into it we have zero trophies under Gerrard. That can't and shouldn't be allowed to go on however unless a cash rich maniac comes in we have no choice but to watch it happen. 

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He doesn't...We have one other option in Edmunson. 

If Edmunson goes on Wed and has a shocker,, are you then happy for Gerrard to come out pre-match and hammer him like that publicly?

Warburton didn’t call his players out and was slated for it. Murty didn’t call out his players and was slated for it. Pedro didn’t call his players out and was slated for it.

Gerrard calls out his players... and is slated for it.

Just now, Boybluesy said:

He was clearly frustrated(fucked off) that Alfie missed a good chance to go two up.

As was I but when you throw in the fact Alfie can't play on Wednesday made it an even worse decision IMO, leave him on as him and Kamberi looked lively together.

11 minutes ago, cooper007 said:

Who are you going to hire...McInnes?

Depends how much money there is.  I suspect after paying off Stevie and his backroom team we wont be able to afford a cardboard cut out of McInnes.

Gerrard is here for next season and we wont be removing him because we can't afford to.  The only way he's leaving is if he walks.

7 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Warburton didn’t call his players out and was slated for it. Murty didn’t call out his players and was slated for it. Pedro didn’t call his players out and was slated for it.

He does it too often.  There's occasions when it's called for but for me he does it too often.

The players need to look at themselves and their mental attitude.

They can beat Bragga and not St Johnstone and the rest of the fodder who admittedly do raise their game against us.

Rudimentary schoolboy errors cost us dearly today...I will put that on replay for next week.

21 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Youre gonna greet about the strength of a word when you were happy and wanting him to keep playing the same formation/tactics....

Ffs....

So not assassinating then. Thought so.

The players have bern fucking shite, the mistakes criminal, the lack of basic footballing effectiveness scandalous. There's more issues than formation / tactics. 

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Wrong, he has a select bunch of players who he will never, ever criticise yet is happy to stick the boot into others. 

It's piss poor man management. 

Spot on , calls out certain players and says fuck all on others after a series of shit perfomances. He was fuckin dying to say Katic again there but knew he fucked up twice before by doing so.  I think his man management is terrible , and honestly think most of the squad dont like the guy.......

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The players have bern fucking shite, the mistakes criminal, the lack of basic footballing effectiveness scandalous. There's more issues than formation / tactics. 

So you are greeting because the word was too strong. Thought so.

"We're getting key players back, and have introduced a natural no 10. I'd stick rather than twist."

That's what you came out with over a month ago when i mentioned tactics and formation and teams having caught onto it was a problem. How do you think it is going now?

Still wanna praise your man Gerrard for not changing? Maybe get another no.10 in?

How long you think we should stick before we twist?

22 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

No gerrard only calls out SOME of his players, tav gifting goals left, right and centre earlier this season was publicly backed by gerrard, his choosing of favourites will hurt us a lot, katic confidence must be shot to bits by now, whereas tav and goldson got and still get the chance to repair theirs 

If you were to look at each game recently (even the ones we won), is it because of Gerrard? Did we really beat Braga because of an inspired substitution or tactical change? Not for me. It was a combination of players finally producing quality and us finally getting some luck when we needed it, which in turn gave the players some confidence and belief.

Today, what was the primary reason for us losing? Same with other games. If we were to look at each game in isolation, more often than not the main reason we don't win a specific game IMO is poor finishing (as we still create chances), poor individual mistakes, and poor officiating. Of course Gerrard is part of this. He doesn't get a pass. It's his players, his tactics and oversees everything.  Collectively everyone is coming up short.

Ultimately this is a results business. No one, not even Gerrard can keep being a part of these performances and results. 

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Really, because he changed tactics at HT and ee dominated, pushed st johnstone back and got ourselves ahead, then he went back to the 433 and we drop out of the game, even allowing katic mistake for their 2nd, if  he kept the same system that we started the 2nd half with, we had a great chance of still grabbing the winner, 

Instead the last 10mins plus stoppage time were the same shite we've witnessed since new year

17 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Wrong, he has a select bunch of players who he will never, ever criticise yet is happy to stick the boot into others. 

It's piss poor man management. 

Spot on , hes said before that he would respond to that sort of thing but the majority dont and he clearly cant pick which players do and dont 

Archived