Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Your damn right its changed, by the Gerrard backers!!

There is no title race, which was the priority as agreed by every single Rangers fan, now the Gerrard backers are changing the goalposts as usual and making excuses.

Gerrard himself talked about how we were better equipped for a title challenge and how this was the season we had to challenge.

Those words have come out of his mouth so even he himself knows the expectations and personally speaking (although I don’t want him sacked) I think we are starting to see him feel the pressure with some of the stuff he has said in recent weeks.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

There is no title race, which was the priority as agreed by every single Rangers fan, now the Gerrard backers are changing the goalposts as usual and making excuses.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my opinion hasn't changed. I don't think Gerrard should/will get sacked, even if we don't win the cup.

It's unrealistic to "expect" him to win the league. The title race is probably over, but like i said, beat them twice and win our game in hand and it's still a title race, even if it's far fetched.

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but my opinion hasn't changed. I don't think Gerrard should/will get sacked, even if we don't win the cup.

It's unrealistic to "expect" him to win the league. The title race is probably over, but like i said, beat them twice and win our game in hand and it's still a title race, even if it's far fetched.

Hes won fuck all and doesnt look like hes winning anything anytime soon and we give him an extended contract. It was a ridiculous decision from a clueless board.

So hes going nowhere , unless he walks at the end of the season and we dont need to pay him off..........

I reckon if he doesn't feel he has a realistic chance of winning it next year he will chuck it. If he doesn't think he can bring in the quality we need he will go cos its clear to see he doesn't trust what we have now to stop 10.  So those that want a change are probably going to get their wish. What then though?  People who ask that question on here get shot down usually but im not asking it as a way of saying we should stick with him, I genuinely have no clue where we would go to then. There wont be many good experienced managers who would want to come in with the pressure of trying to stop them winning 10 with the players that have let us down this season.

20 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The Gerrard backers :lol: don't we all back him since hes managing the team we support? 

8 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I was preaching this all last week, then we drew against St Johnstone. If there is to be a miracle on the cards they have to get beat by someone other than us, fucking anyone.

Just now, King Jela said:

I was preaching this all last week, then we drew against St Johnstone. If there is to be a miracle on the cards they have to get beat by someone other than us, fucking anyone.

Aye it would need to be a miracle scenario tbh and they don't look like they'll drop points anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I reckon if he doesn't feel he has a realistic chance of winning it next year he will chuck it. If he doesn't think he can bring in the quality we need he will go cos its clear to see he doesn't trust what we have now to stop 10.  So those that want a change are probably going to get their wish. What then though?  People who ask that question on here get shot down usually but im not asking it as a way of saying we should stick with him, I genuinely have no clue where we would go to then. There wont be many good experienced managers who would want to come in with the pressure of trying to stop them winning 10 with the players that have let us down this season.

Doesnt trust what we have the now? He brought them all in, its his fault then

Why sign ojo, barker, jones, hastie, kent when you have middleton and candieas and not play a system to suit they wingers

Why have 3 right backs, big up a youth right back, only to play one of them no matter what form 

Why spend over 11mill on 4 centre halves only to continually play 1 of them no matter his form 

Why cry out for a number 10 when our system doesn't take full advantage of that type of player

His team, his fault 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Doesnt trust what we have the now? He brought them all in, its his fault then

Why sign ojo, barker, jones, hastie, kent when you have middleton and candieas and not play a system to suit they wingers

Why have 3 right backs, big up a youth right back, only to play one of them no matter what form 

Why spend over 11mill on 4 centre halves only to continually play 1 of them no matter his form 

Why cry out for a number 10 when our system doesn't take full advantage of that type of player

His team, his fault 

See if i got in this state over football, I'd give it up, honestly.

Not good getting worked up like this all the time tbh mate.

Something has gone on in Dubai absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. 

The only two players trying for this manager are the two we signed in January.

Yesterday during a break in play 4 or 5players went across for water and a chat with our first team coach. 

Our manager standing yards away not a word just hands in pockets and looking straight ahead.

I think the players have seen through him

The form is not the fault of either Gerrard or the players, it's both. The players need to take responsibility if something isnt working. Gerrard needs to change shape and personnel if it isnt working. He  insists on playing Kent who for some reason now cannot run outside a guy despite it being his most effective tool and proceeds to turn inside and kill all momentum. He insists on playing a Morelos who looks half fit despite having a longer break than the rest. That's on his part, but the guys who are supposed to be the leaders, Jack, Goldson, Tavernier etc need to take a game and control it. If guys can have bad games, like Katic, and it's their job to call it down, reassure them and help.

40 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not there yet.

For me it was all about the league, and I said he'd get 3 seasons for that. Cups and Europe were always a bonus.

Remember saying despite being one of the last to get onboard with him that I'd probably give him longer than most, recall others who expected league in 1 or 2 years. Was right it seems.

So the scum are going to stand still and implode to hand us the title in what would be a record winning ten in a row and be able to rub our noses in it are they? Liewell is a cunt, but he's no daft cunt.

I suppose we'll need to get Ojo back in so we can make sure of it. 

Behave yourself.

Stevie Wonder can see our problems and the other Stevie needs a mirror. He's simply blew it.

41 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Gerrard himself talked about how we were better equipped for a title challenge and how this was the season we had to challenge.

Those words have come out of his mouth so even he himself knows the expectations and personally speaking (although I don’t want him sacked) I think we are starting to see him feel the pressure with some of the stuff he has said in recent weeks.

Start of the 2nd season my opinion was he needed a trophy and a strong title challenge over the course of the season. 

A 2nd successive season without silverware would be unacceptable for any Rangers manager

The title is gone and it's a major red flag that we've collapsed again at the same time as last year.  He said mistakes from last year had been learned but clearly that isn't the case. 

Scottish cup is now huge for him imo. He needs to show he can deliver and get this side over a finish line.  

9 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

The form is not the fault of either Gerrard or the players, it's both. The players need to take responsibility if something isnt working. Gerrard needs to change shape and personnel if it isnt working. He  insists on playing Kent who for some reason now cannot run outside a guy despite it being his most effective tool and proceeds to turn inside and kill all momentum. He insists on playing a Morelos who looks half fit despite having a longer break than the rest. That's on his part, but the guys who are supposed to be the leaders, Jack, Goldson, Tavernier etc need to take a game and control it. If guys can have bad games, like Katic, and it's their job to call it down, reassure them and help.

Those players don't "need" to anything. Not while they are guaranteed starting places. Gerrard is as weak as piss when it comes to player management, unless your name is Katic of course.

The mold is cast, Gerrard aint for changing and that will hasten his exit out the door. That's down to him, not the players. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Those players don't "need" to anything. Not while they are guaranteed starting places. Gerrard is as weak as piss when it comes to player management, unless your name is Katic of course.

The mold is cast, Gerrard aint for changing and that will hasten his exit out the door. That's down to him, not the players. 

Very true. His man management is very questionable as is his team management when he refuses to drop players. The whole success of Klopp at Liverpool is how he manages the guys that play for him, And the way Gerrard goes about it, he will not last much longer and certainly won't be a success should he get the Liverpool job which let's be honest, he thought this was an audition for.

47 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Don’t win the league next year we are goosed and it’s simple as that.

Starting next year the champions of Scotland go straight into the group stages. What’s that £40m? 

Next year's winners don't go straight into the CL.

Agreed that we're fucked if we don't win it though. 

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Don’t win the league next year we are goosed and it’s simple as that.

Starting next year the champions of Scotland go straight into the group stages. What’s that £40m? 

That’s depressing as fuck because we all know it isn’t happening. Scottish football is done. Their monopoly is basically secured.

10 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Is it the year after? Was under the impression whoever wins 20/21 league go straight into the CL groups.

Pretty sure that it's only nations in the top 10 co-eff table that qualify automatically. If celtic beat Copenhagen, Scotland would rise to 13th. All that does, is it would guarantee that two teams qualify for the qualifying rounds of the CL. Which is a good thing. 

Archived