Sign in to follow this  
BridgeIsBlue

Lost The Dressing Room

39 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

In the space of 72 hours we have went from Excellent to utter shite.

What is wrong? Because I'm seriously struggling to find a logical answer.

I'm the same.....in truth our team has no fight for a battle,  against European teams it's all about the football, in Scotland you have to roll your sleeves up at times to achieve results....tonight was the last straw for me....more passengers than a Boeing 747

The Ibrox Derry likes this

52 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its easy to see why domestically he has failed and Europe he's still going

Scottish football has him sussed, they know if they force us wide and pressure us in the middle were fucked, 

Funnily enough we done the same to braga, 

But scottish football will not allow our system to work now they know it, even before xmas it was struggling, killie at home etc

Spot on bud, it’s heartbreaking to see 

11 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Lost them long before now IMO , dont think most of the squad like or respect the guy..........

Yet every one of them has continually spoken highly of him.

You can't achieve what has been achieved in Europe if he's lost the dressing room.

Too many players can't cope with the pressure of being the favourites and being expected to win, but that's fuck all to do with them not wanting to do well for Gerrard imo.

gj923, chris182 and Sweetheart like this

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yet every one of them has continually spoken highly of him.

You can't achieve what has been achieved in Europe if he's lost the dressing room.

Too many players can't cope with the pressure of being the favourites and being expected to win, but that's fuck all to do with them not wanting to do well for Gerrard imo.

Your first sentence is utter bullshit.

11 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Lost them long before now IMO , dont think most of the squad like or respect the guy..........

To be honest, I didn't like the guy when he was a player and I don't think he's a particularly likeable character as a manager, from his public persona anyway.

In terms of respectability he was a great leader for Liverpool on the park, but I don't think that translates to his abilities on the touchline.

sassaaaa likes this

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Your first sentence is utter bullshit.

Off the top of my head I've watched or read Tav, Goldson, Katic, Barisic, Kamara, Davis, Arfield, Jack and Morelos all talk highly of him so you're talking absolute shite with the 'most of the squad don't like or respect him' pish

6 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’m sorry but the whole Dubai falling out rumour, it’s clear something has happened. 

Fuck all to so with dubai, the signs of his system being sussed were there before the break, we just didnt notice, killie at home for example

He just doesn't know how to start with something different, beating braga wed night probably killed any chance we had of winning today because it reinforced his view that 433 works, when it fucking doesnt now

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Fuck all to so with dubai, the signs of his system being sussed were there before the break, we just didnt notice, killie at home for example

He just doesn't know how to start with something different, beating braga wed night probably killed any chance we had of winning today because it reinforced his view that 433 works, when it fucking doesnt now

Thats what bugs me , theres loads go on about our form after Dubai , we were brutal in plenty games before then as well ..........

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its easy to see why domestically he has failed and Europe he's still going

Scottish football has him sussed, they know if they force us wide and pressure us in the middle were fucked, 

Funnily enough we done the same to braga, 

But scottish football will not allow our system to work now they know it, even before xmas it was struggling, killie at home etc

Hearts never played that way tonight though?

Gerrard changed tactics for their high press..... for whatever reason he clearly thought sucking them so high up the park would work.....I've yet to see a team pull those tactics off as it always produces mistakes from players under pressure 

23 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Hearts never played that way tonight though?

Gerrard changed tactics for their high press..... for whatever reason he clearly thought sucking them so high up the park would work.....I've yet to see a team pull those tactics off as it always produces mistakes from players under pressure 

They did really, yeah they pressed high but look at the pressure they put in the middle compared to out wide 

As for sucking them high, its alright when its a team like ours, that play football, but when its constant mortars being launched at you they will wear you down, and our system doest give you the pressure on their backline to halt the long ball

He really needs to try something different

Hes absolutely not lost the dressing room and the European performance should prove that.....its the lack of ability that's the problem.

If it was all about passion we would be top of the league.

Laudrup1984 and STEVEH like this

"I just need to think, I am feeling pain right now because I want to win here.

“I am desperate to win here, but looking from the side today I didn't get the impression that the feeling among my players was the same." 

Hate to say I told you so but I think it's there in black and white. 

The Godfather likes this

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

"I just need to think, I am feeling pain right now because I want to win here.

“I am desperate to win here, but looking from the side today I didn't get the impression that the feeling among my players was the same." 

Hate to say I told you so but I think it's there in black and white. 

His after match interview is of a broken man that what's to win so badly for us he almost breaks down in his rtv interview imo

Just now, KingKirk said:

His after match interview is of a broken man that what's to win so badly for us he almost breaks down in his rtv interview imo

It's soul destroying because deep down I know somebody like Gerrard will have been hurting from the performances these players have put in since Parkhead, but he's not helped himself either. 

KingKirk likes this

He needs to make tough decisions; the midfield was magnificent on Wednesday against footballers but domestically they have been a shambles more often than not. They invite crosses, they copy high ball teams, they sit off rather than compete. Jack should play where he is stronger as a destroyer, Davis should never play centrally against teams who want to mix it, Arfield runs about trying to look busy but never gets close. Aribo is fine going forward, all in all the midfield looks shambolic when there is a scrap and often when we are on top as well leaving central defenders isolated and unsupported.

Gerrard needs to sort out this area first although he was never the most disciplined of players positionally which may be a problem in itself.