Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, j1mgg said:

But that doesn't mean Gerrard has lost the team, just the the team has lost confidence for some reason or another.

I just think that apart from 4 or 5 players, we aren't good enough, both in ability and mentality.

Punched above our weight first half of the season and reverted to type the second half.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen us a lot worse than today,  we aren't taking our chances just now, we could easily have been 2 or 3 up in the first half and we have had another 2 goals chopped off....not to worry we are only a 4-0 victory away from an "I love stevie g" thread

13 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Kent’s been biggest frustration for me lately ,Always wanting more time ,This 2 or 3 more seconds is allowing any stretch in a defence to recover ,He has the ability to see the early ball but just ain’t trying it 

Folk say play him as a winger rather than no 10. He generally has no interest in  taking on a full back even when it's on. Add to that his crossing has been abysmal other than one for Aribo recently. He's a luxury flair player offering us so little.

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

9 games since the break. 

Out of 810 minutes of football how many of those have we even remotely looked like the side we were in December? 

That result today does nothing but paper over the cracks that are glaringly obvious in that side, we could go on to beat Braga on Thursday and everything will be hunky dorey again until we struggle against St Johnstone then go on to exit the Scottish Cup at Tynecastle.

I would honestly accept the point that we do have players badly off form at the moment, had we not collapsed at this exact same stage last season, it's too coincidental. 

I agree we're awful at the minute but I'd need some convincing to come round to it being down to a lost dressing room.

What players do you think he's lost?

3 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Obviously I'm not going to out my source to everycunt on a public forum. But I have to Admin who can come in and back me up. @DBBTB

I found it bizarre at the time, given everyone was going so well for us.

If I was attention seeking would I not have mentioned it 5 months ago?

Name names 😁

31 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

If you come into work and decide you can't be bothered playing for one of the best midfielders of a generation, you should be released tomorrow.

They're not playing for Gerrard the midfielder, he's hung up his boots.  They're playing for Gerrard the manager, a guy who chucks players under the bus, players he signed by and large.

21 minutes ago, ben51 said:

I do think there's something in this and other Admin know I mentioned it nearly 5 months ago.

My source is solid.

Edit- Not that he had lost the dressing room, but a lot of players don't know how to take Gerrard and think he's been way too harsh on certain players.

He's way too harsh on Katic and way to soft on his chosen few from what my eyes witness.

3 minutes ago, Trialist said:

If that is the case, then the players need to go. 
I don’t buy this Gerrard is shyte talk. Gerrard knows  exactly what is required to be successful player.  If the players cannot match his standards then get them to fcuk.

I’ve not seen one name for a successor from any of the Gerrard critics.   Getting rid of him now would hand jungles next season  as well as this.

Yes, because under Gerrard we look like stopping them winning the league.

He’s out his depth, i’ve said before he wont get sacked but anyone thinking him And hid management team have the nous to stop 9/10 in a row is deluded.

5 minutes ago, Trialist said:

If that is the case, then the players need to go. 
I don’t buy this Gerrard is shyte talk. Gerrard knows  exactly what is required to be successful player.  If the players cannot match his standards then get them to fcuk.

I’ve not seen one name for a successor from any of the Gerrard critics.   Getting rid of him now would hand jungles next season  as well as this.

Then Maradona should be the best manager in the world.  Get away with that pish.  Great players don't always make great managers.  I agree we can;t afford to dump him but he needs to address some of his failings.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I agree we're awful at the minute but I'd need some convincing to come round to it being down to a lost dressing room.

What players do you think he's lost?

I just think the players aren't playing for him anymore because the majority of them genuinely can't cope with the pressure. 

I think we try to look too much into things and try to find things that are not necessarily there. The reality is we'll never know.

My view is more simplistic. Our key players were or have been injured/suspended since our return. This has coincided with a number of our players being off form. We've faced a few tricky games in this period. We have faced some shocking refereeing decisions. We've made stupid individual mistakes. We've missed glaring chances, many of them. The tarriers have compounded our misery by winning even when struggling. Collectively nothing has gone our way, some of it through our own doing.

Now we are in a situation where we have to win every game, and clearly our players are finding that tough. The expectation is so huge. When you're in adversity it's not easy. We can shout as much as we want but when players are feeling the pressure and heat, it's difficult, in any environment, work, family, relationships. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

For instance, Jamie Murphy and Greg Docherty playing well and scoring out on loan.

Are they good enough - No.

Are they better options than Ojo,Barker,Jones etc.

100 percent Yes.

I cant understand the treatment of Docherty at all, guy was by all account player of the year on his loan last year and hes playing well and just scored a screamer for Hibs, surely hes a better option than some of the underperformers in our midfield.

Murphy I dont know, wasnt overly keen on him before his injury but he also couldve done a job for us and I would deffo have taken him over the likes of Ojo or Aribo who for me offers nothing.

Just now, ExilledWeegie123 said:

I cant understand the treatment of Docherty at all, guy was by all account player of the year on his loan last year and hes playing well and just scored a screamer for Hibs, surely hes a better option than some of the underperformers in our midfield.

Murphy I dont know, wasnt overly keen on him before his injury but he also couldve done a job for us and I would deffo have taken him over the likes of Ojo or Aribo who for me offers nothing.

At this time last year almost every fan was screaming for quality to be added to squad.

Our starting line up minus Hagi today was almost identical.

His signings have been nothing short of disgraceful. We needed and upgrade on guys like Murphy Candeias etc and he’s bought players who are worse.

Something isn't gelling right, but I don't think he's lost the dressing room. We had 2 decent looking goals chopped off. A 3-0 win would have made it seem all the better, 

We're pish, and this is a new cliche for us, but given the conditions....the 3 points were all that mattered. 

Archived