Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think we try to look too much into things and try to find things that are not necessarily there. The reality is we'll never know.

My view is more simplistic. Our key players were or have been injured/suspended since our return. This has coincided with a number of our players being off form. We've faced a few tricky games in this period. We have faced some shocking refereeing decisions. We've made stupid individual mistakes. We've missed glaring chances, many of them. The tarriers have compounded our misery by winning even when struggling. Collectively nothing has gone our way, some of it through our own doing.

Now we are in a situation where we have to win every game, and clearly our players are finding that tough. The expectation is so huge. When you're in adversity it's not easy. We can shout as much as we want but when players are feeling the pressure and heat, it's difficult, in any environment, work, family, relationships. 

Post of the day mate....... agree with every word.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

New manager and a few vital areas fixed. A quality striker, mid and CB. If stevie stays we will probably get worse imo.

Fucking hell we’ve been saying that same shit for 8 years and as many managers.  

there’s been a massive improvement on last year up until Christmas. Nobody can deny that. 

2 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

New manager and a few vital areas fixed. A quality striker, mid and CB. If stevie stays we will probably get worse imo.

If a new manager comes in it won’t be a few vital areas fixed. It’ll be another root and branch clearout that costs us millions of pounds.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Sadly we have all seen this before. The replies on this thread are the exact same replies we seen under Mccoist, Murty and Pedro. I'm not saying Gerrard hasn't done good things since he's come in but it's obvious there is something very wrong going on with what we are seeing on the park and what his interviews tell us. 

You don't go two seasons crumbling at the same points and winning nothing at a club like Rangers without ramifications. We can't get rid of all the players so it's going to end one way. 

If course people will disregard it as they done before but history shows how this will end. 

It's shite but sadly the honeymoon period looks to be over and the players have not done anything to help their boss. 

The worst thing about it all is that the dropped points that we've suffered from are down to us and nobody else, we've never had any of those games domestically where you can hold your hands up and say aye OK the other side 100% deserved that win, we've always shot ourselves in the foot. 

People will point to the cup final but we were playing against 10 men for 25 minutes and just lumped the ball into their box for the rest of the game, absolutely chronic. 

Anyone that thinks replacing the manager is the best option needs their head examined. Itll cost a good few million to get shot of Gerrard and a good few mill to replace him. I'm critical of him at times and I'm not 100% convinced he is best for our long term future but right now if he can address his shortcomings then hes the best we will get and the best hope of stopping 10. Plus I'd rather we spent aforementioned millions on players to improve our weak areas

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Said this at the game today. I think Gerrards mistake was publicly criticism of players. He should be deflecting and if he has points to make you so behind closed doors.

His treatment of Katic alone was awful when others players deserved it more.

I hope I’m wrong but think we are one bad result away from a change again, which may not be a bad thing as take the rest of the season to get ready for what lies ahead.

IF WE LOSE TO THE WORST HEARTS TEAM IN LIVING MEMORY I DON'T SEE ANY WAY BACK FOR GERRARD AND MOST OF HIS PLAYERS MASSIVE GAME FOR EVERYONE CONNECT TO THE CLUB.

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Sadly we have all seen this before. The replies on this thread are the exact same replies we seen under Mccoist, Murty and Pedro. I'm not saying Gerrard hasn't done good things since he's come in but it's obvious there is something very wrong going on with what we are seeing on the park and what his interviews tell us. 

You don't go two seasons crumbling at the same points and winning nothing at a club like Rangers without ramifications. We can't get rid of all the players so it's going to end one way. 

If course people will disregard it as they done before but history shows how this will end. 

It's shite but sadly the honeymoon period looks to be over and the players have not done anything to help their boss. 

Your post makes a lot of sense unfortunately, I just hope it won't come to that.  I think most folk would find it very difficult to accept that sacking Gerrard was in the best interests of the club.

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If a new manager comes in it won’t be a few vital areas fixed. It’ll be another root and branch clearout that costs us millions of pounds.

Why does it need to be, eck didn't do such a thing in his first 18months

Perhaps a new manager can see these guys playing a different way anf it working 

9 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The worst thing about it all is that the dropped points that we've suffered from are down to us and nobody else, we've never had any of those games domestically where you can hold your hands up and say aye OK the other side 100% deserved that win, we've always shot ourselves in the foot. 

People will point to the cup final but we were playing against 10 men for 25 minutes and just lumped the ball into their box for the rest of the game, absolutely chronic. 

The chances have been there the past few years. You go back to when we put them out the Scottish cup only to bottle the final against Hivs who were also in the championship. That game has just summed up what these few seasons have ended like, get over a hurdle and look likely to do something but fuck it up against teams that we should be steam rolling. 

It's Infuriating as fuck 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

The chances have been there the past few years. You go back to when we put them out the Scottish cup only to bottle the final against Hivs who were also in the championship. That game has just summed up what these few seasons have ended like, get over a hurdle and look likely to do something but fuck it up against teams that we should be steam rolling. 

It's Infuriating as fuck 

Said it countless times over the last week or so that we could win 3 of the 4 games against selik yet they'd still win the league by double figures.

Its unbelievable. 

I’m not sure why but my theory is the regular European fixtures before the break was what was keeping us in form, I don’t know how to explain why I think this but I do, playing a higher caliber of opponent playing better football giving the players the belief and carrying that over into the league

something like that... don’t believe SG has lost the dressing room at all 

2 hours ago, M0NTANA said:

The style of possession football we are trying to play is for a team of winners, which we don’t have. Think the team starts to panic when games are close and they don’t believe in themselves to see through a lead or grab a winner. In terms of the filth they are that used to winning that they never panic and seem to always grab 3 points. Our players seem to think that a in against the taigs is good enough when the reality is it means fuck all if they’re just going to collapse under the slightest of pressure time after time. 

Thinking back to when Walter was in charge some the games we played we were fucking brutal but we would always find a way to get the win. 

This team is winning more regularly than in any season under Walter Smith. 

Archived