Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

If Gerrard leaves we’ll be a team in free fall again.

He needs the summer to address whatever issues are going on with this team.  Ditch the ones that aren’t good enough or don’t have the mentality.  Bring in a few quality additions to take us up a few levels.  Not quantity over quality like last summer!

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TMB said:

He needs the summer to address whatever issues are going on with this team.  Ditch the ones that aren’t good enough or don’t have the mentality.  Bring in a few quality additions to take us up a few levels.  Not quantity over quality like last summer!

He has a preferred style of play.

Needs to:

Get 4 or 5 in who will add quality to that preferred style.

Fire off half a dozen who contribute nothing.

And most importantly identify alternative tactics and formations.

There is more than one way to skin a cat but we just keep hacking away with a blunt knife.

Progress under Gerrard has been good. This season again, were already 25 points ahead of 3rd place (if I assume 3 points for the game in hand). Last season we ended up 11 points ahead of 3rd. Do you remember the two seasons prior? Where we were being compared with Aberdeen? 
We also have a European game to look forward to - in February!! 
We are just trying to catch up with them. The ones who’ve had a free go at titles and CL money for years. We will also overtake them soon at this rate. We’re not quite there yet, but anyone who wants to throw the towel in at this stage isn’t thinking straight. It might be next year, it might be the year after. We can’t expect to make it happen just because they are on 9 or 10 iar. They are tainted anyway. That stat will always have * next to it. 
There’s still much to fight for this season - we must  fight all the way for the league - even if we come up short. Let’s win the Scottish cup. And let’s see how far this European adventure will take us. 
Stevie G should be given more time,  until there is no more progress,  until then I’m behind him 100% and more importantly I believe he will deliver 55 and more. 

1 minute ago, James Rolle said:

Progress under Gerrard has been good. This season again, were already 25 points ahead of 3rd place (if I assume 3 pmts for the game in hand). Last season we ended up 11 points ahead of 3rd. Do you remember the two seasons prior? Where we were being compared with Aberdeen? 
We are just trying to catch up with them. The ones who’ve had a free go at titles and CL money for years. We will also overtake them soon at this rate. We’re not quite there yet, but anyone who wants to throw the towel in at this stage isn’t thinking straight. It might be next year, it might be the year after. We can’t expect to make it happen just because they are on 9 or 10 iar. They are tainted anyway. That stay will always have * next to it. 
There’s still much to fight for this season - we must  fight all the way for the league - even if we come up short. Let’s win the Scottish cup. And let’s see how far this European adventure will take us. 
Stevie G should be given more time,  until there is no more progress,  until then I’m behind him 100% and more importantly I believe he will deliver 55 and more. 

Progress is judge on how far away from first not 3rd place ffs

5 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Progress under Gerrard has been good. This season again, were already 25 points ahead of 3rd place (if I assume 3 points for the game in hand). Last season we ended up 11 points ahead of 3rd. Do you remember the two seasons prior? Where we were being compared with Aberdeen? 
We are just trying to catch up with them. The ones who’ve had a free go at titles and CL money for years. We will also overtake them soon at this rate. We’re not quite there yet, but anyone who wants to throw the towel in at this stage isn’t thinking straight. It might be next year, it might be the year after. We can’t expect to make it happen just because they are on 9 or 10 iar. They are tainted anyway. That stat will always have * next to it. 

You’re having a laugh right, all that bollocks is sarcasm, please tell me it’s sarcasm and you aren’t serious. 

It just feels now that every game he is/we are chipping away waiting for sonething to happen rather than changing things and making something happen. 

He needs to learn the ability to change things/adapt to circumstsnces.

His plan A has worked so well this season  until lately where it has been found out. 

Today we were lucky and had Dykes shot went in qe would mostly be calling for his head.

29 minutes ago, TMB said:

Do you trust gerrard to fix the issues, he's brought in 28 players so far, where does it stop, at 40,50?

27 minutes ago, TMB said:

We said the exact same last summer & Gerrard went out and signed Edmunson, Hastie, Jones, Stewart & Kent came in on deadline day after the taigs defeat

He's had a small fortune to spend in his time as manager and the vast majority of his signings have been piss poor so really dont get why we should be trusting him with another large budget in the summer (providing Morelos goes to give us the budget)

He has to prove in the remaining games that he can get the team back to beating the rest of the shite in the league, our issues have been against them, not the taigs. He shouldn't need to spend more money to be beating them

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It just feels now that every game he is/we are chipping away waiting for sonething to happen rather than changing things and making something happen. 

He needs to learn the ability to change things/adapt to circumstsnces.

His plan A has worked so well this season  until lately where it has been found out. 

Today we were lucky and had Dykes shot went in qe would mostly be calling for his head.

Beat Hamilton 4-1 and it flattered us, we've struggled in every game since coming back. 

17 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Why would their 10iar have a * next to it, our 9 was done when the tarriers were a 3rd or 4th rate side behind the sheep and motherwell in numerous seasons, do we declare that as *

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why would their 10iar have a * next to it, our 9 was done when the tarriers were a 3rd or 4th rate side behind the sheep and motherwell in numerous seasons, do we declare that as *

I think he's alluding to our time out of the league.

I know we are all angry and frustrated at the way we have played sinse we came back from the winter break.

If we can get going again would it be considered a successful season for talkings sake we won the Scottish cup, finished second, we lost in the league cup final due to some cheating linesman and ref plus we missed a host of chances...........our progress in Europe has been off the scale lets face it over past two seasons no-one would have imagined we do what we've done in that field.

If we are to topple them for the title we will need a lot of investment in quality players where that's coming from is anyone guess I think there is a lot of work to be done is Gerrard the man to take us there time will tell.

We need a trophy and the Scottish looks our best bet this season I just wonder if we had won the league cup I think we would be in a better place.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Aye, it's worked so well previously for us tbf.

Let's bring in McInnes or Wright. With their stellar records in the league over well over half a decade it's time one of them was given the chance.

Who's saying that?

56 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why does it need to be, eck didn't do such a thing in his first 18months

Perhaps a new manager can see these guys playing a different way anf it working 

Totally different, the squad that mcleish inherited was full of multi million pound players, we don't have the same level of player and the rest of the league is so much poorer

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Who's saying that?

Who's coming in then?

Why would there be a big line of world class managers desperate to take over from Gerrard now, when at the time Gerrard got the job out of nowhere the list had the likes of Alex Neil, Steve Clarke etc. on it?

Dont think hes lost the dressing room , but we're certainly going through a lack of confidence right now , probably brought on by losing at Hearts , and  with little rebound ,  the panic has now set in , both on the park and in the stands. 

Three and a half weeks of turgid shite shouldn't undo what progress weve made this season , and the only way I see SG leaving Rangers is if he feels he doesnt have the backing of the fans - thank fuck he doesnt read RM .

5 minutes ago, tm91 said:

We can't be happy with  just progressing forever. At some point we have to reestablish the idea that not winning the league is a failed season. Especially when half way through we're top or serious contenders.

I'll be honest. I love the fact we're doing well in Europe, but I would have taken getting knocked out the qualifiers if it meant winning the league.

I know mate but atm the league looks out of our reach so we will need to do some serious work in the summer for next season I agree we need to get back to winning the league on a regular basis but for this season I would love us to win a trophy and the Scottish looks our best bet, lets face if we don't they probably will. 

Archived