Lost The Dressing Room

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Dont think hes lost the dressing room , but we're certainly going through a lack of confidence right now , probably brought on by losing at Hearts , and  with little rebound ,  the panic has now set in , both on the park and in the stands. 

Three and a half weeks of turgid shite shouldn't undo what progress weve made this season , and the only way I see SG leaving Rangers is if he feels he doesnt have the backing of the fans - thank fuck he doesnt read RM .

Even if he did I think he's made of sterner stuff 

1 minute ago, Blueshoff said:

What needs to be done is kicking some arses. 

We have the quality but not the application or hunger. 

Agreed . We have too many nicey nice players in the midfield but no battlers . In the close season we should be looking to sign someone in the mould of an Alex MacDonald , a Kevin Thomson or a Graeme Souness . 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

If Gerrard leaves we’ll be a team in free fall again.

He needs the summer to address whatever issues are going on with this team.  Ditch the ones that aren’t good enough or don’t have the mentality.  Bring in a few quality additions to take us up a few levels.  Not quantity over quality like last summer!

Deja vu here as exactly the same thing was being said end of last season, yet here we are again. 

I don't think he's lost the dressing room but there is clearly a lack of strong figures/personalities in this dressing room.  We have too many that let heads drop and aren't ruthless enough 

I agree we need more quality but by fuck we need some fighters in this squad as well.  The kind of characters who would not accept being 2nd best and will fight tooth and nail to win on the pitch.  

26 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Totally different, the squad that mcleish inherited was full of multi million pound players, we don't have the same level of player and the rest of the league is so much poorer

We dont have the same level of player? We've played them off the park twice in a month, including at their dump, the team that eck took over finished 15 points behind the tarriers the season previous, he won the cup double his first 6 months, finished 18 points behind them, then the following season won the treble finishing 12 points better off than the season before

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We dont have the same level of player? We've played them off the park twice in a month, including at their dump, the team that eck took over finished 15 points behind the tarriers the season previous, he won the cup double his first 6 months, finished 18 points behind them, then the following season won the treble finishing 12 points better off than the season before

Are you being serious?

That proves the point....that team was severely underachieving under advocaat, I doubt if any of todays current team would get a game in big ecks treble winning team

16 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Agreed . We have too many nicey nice players in the midfield but no battlers . In the close season we should be looking to sign someone in the mould of an Alex MacDonald , a Kevin Thomson or a Graeme Souness . 

Aye, proper hard men.

I think Jack tries to be, but, for my money, he keeps hurting himself with overzealous sliding tackles.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Are you being serious?

That proves the point....that team was severely underachieving under advocaat, I doubt if any of todays current team would get a game in big ecks treble winning team

You miss the point, whos to say this mob arent underachieving under gerrard? We've shown we can compete, so maybe a new gaffer gets them playing a different way

I dunno why you mentioned our guys getting into ecks team, not one tarrier now would get near oneills team either

1 hour ago, TMB said:

If Gerrard leaves we’ll be a team in free fall again.

He needs the summer to address whatever issues are going on with this team.  Ditch the ones that aren’t good enough or don’t have the mentality.  Bring in a few quality additions to take us up a few levels.  Not quantity over quality like last summer!

In his first year he said he had a team full of men.

Many signings last summer - 10?

Only Kent out of them started today and he was subbed after 55 mins.

9 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Deja vu here as exactly the same thing was being said end of last season, yet here we are again. 

I don't think he's lost the dressing room but there is clearly a lack of strong figures/personalities in this dressing room.  We have too many that let heads drop and aren't ruthless enough 

I agree we need more quality but by fuck we need some fighters in this squad as well.  The kind of characters who would not accept being 2nd best and will fight tooth and nail to win on the pitch.  

The club have some stability for the first time in a long time.  Removing the manager and coaching staff would undo that.  I don’t even know who we would replace them with.  The job is no doubt seen as a poisoned chalice by many who won’t touch it.

3-4 quality additions midfield to front could completely change this team.  That’s what Gerrard needs to go and get.  Brining in Jones, Barker, Hastie, and Stewart last summer was a waste of time because he won’t play them.  

Aribo and Helander aside most of last summers signings have made little to no impact.  

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You miss the point, whos to say this mob arent underachieving under gerrard? We've shown we can compete, so maybe a new gaffer gets them playing a different way

I dunno why you mentioned our guys getting into ecks team, not one tarrier now would get near oneills team either

You brought up what eck done in comparison to bringing a new manager in....if I've to believe your previous rantings their are too many of Gerrards squad that are not viable for a new manager to turn around....eck had a squad full of top players to turn around....we don't have that nowadays 

13 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Aye, proper hard men.

I think Jack tries to be, but, for my money, he keeps hurting himself with overzealous sliding tackles.

I like Jack , but he's not hard the same way they are . And , as you've mentioned , seems to get hurt a lot . 

11 minutes ago, TMB said:

The club have some stability for the first time in a long time.  Removing the manager and coaching staff would undo that.  I don’t even know who we would replace them with.  The job is no doubt seen as a poisoned chalice by many who won’t touch it.

3-4 quality additions midfield to front could completely change this team.  That’s what Gerrard needs to go and get.  Brining in Jones, Barker, Hastie, and Stewart last summer was a waste of time because he won’t play them.  

Aribo and Helander aside most of last summers signings have made little to no impact.  

Unless an offer comes from down south Gerrard is going nowhere. The board likely can't afford to pay him and his coaching staff off. Especially not long after a new contract has been signed. Throw on top of that more funds then needed for a new management team + new players.  

Again but TMB we said the same thing last summer about 3-4 quality players. Hell even the management were saying quailty over quantity yet it didn't happen.  

In this league yes we need additional quality. But we also need some steel in this side. We need players that give and demand the absolute best every game. Players that will drag others into line who aren't performing. We get more of that in the squad and we will see a huge difference.

13 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

You brought up what eck done in comparison to bringing a new manager in....if I've to believe your previous rantings their are too many of Gerrards squad that are not viable for a new manager to turn around....eck had a squad full of top players to turn around....we don't have that nowadays 

We dont need top players to beat shite like killie away ffs, we just need a manager to be dynamic and change things as he sees a game changing, 

The reason i brought up what eck done is because he was a new manager who had a different approach to the game, he changed the same players failing under advocaat and won 5 trophies in 18months,

People seem to think a new manager needs a whole new squad, they dont, hell gerrard has even shown that by the improvements in the likes of jack and morelos

You can point to all the excuses in the world, the ref's, the dressing room, fatigue but the simple fact is the good ole tactics need changed. The tims were on the ropes before the winter break. Switched to 3-5-2 and won the league 3 weeks later. 2 up top for me for the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We dont need top players to beat shite like killie away ffs, we just need a manager to be dynamic and change things as he sees a game changing, 

The reason i brought up what eck done is because he was a new manager who had a different approach to the game, he changed the same players failing under advocaat and won 5 trophies in 18months,

People seem to think a new manager needs a whole new squad, they dont, hell gerrard has even shown that by the improvements in the likes of jack and morelos

I await a new manager to work wonders then.....the manager is taking the majority of the flack but there are too many players out of form to completely lay all blame at his door 

32 minutes ago, TMB said:

Aribo hasn't done much to be fair.. 

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

I await a new manager to work wonders then.....the manager is taking the majority of the flack but there are too many players out of form to completely lay all blame at his door 

Who is too blame for constantly playing players who are not performing? How long did it take to realise Ojo was terrible. Why does Aribo keep playing?? 

Archived