Sign in to follow this  
psb07158

Scotty Arfield

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

You keep saying this but his goals and assists totally outweigh the rest of the midfield and Kent to boot??

Keep saying what?  That he’s been a shadow of the player he was last season?  That’s absolutely correct.

BTW, our central midfielders don’t contribute anywhere near enough going forward.  Nor do the wide players/number10s.

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Deserved his MOTM and has basically been carrying our midfield since coming back from the break

Davis and Jack very average again today. No idea where the positive, forward-passing, confident Jack from earlier in the season has gone

I think jack was playing well beyond his normal level in autumn very unlikely he could continue that long term.

18 minutes ago, TMB said:

Keep saying what?  That he’s been a shadow of the player he was last season?  That’s absolutely correct.

BTW, our central midfielders don’t contribute anywhere near enough going forward.  Nor do the wide players/number10s.

You quoted he offers nothing going forward....9 goals and 6 assists suggests differently....if the rest of the midfield had those numbers we would be a damn sight closer....regardless how well you think how any of rest are playing 

36 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

You quoted he offers nothing going forward....9 goals and 6 assists suggests differently....if the rest of the midfield had those numbers we would be a damn sight closer....regardless how well you think how any of rest are playing 

Did I say he offers nothing prior to his patch of form? I’m guessing I did.

Also, he hasn’t offered 9 goals and 6 assists in the league so your statement about being “a damn sight closer” is misleading.  It’s 5 goals and 4 assists in the league.  Is that good enough for a guy who is in his prime and was signed from the EPL?  No.  This has been a poor season from him.

9B619BDA-C708-49C2-A22A-385AB0D6E357.thumb.jpeg.0feb49278a941cb9c080d70c0427d364.jpeg

First half of the season Arfield was offering us almost nothing going forward.  He started the season off as one of our number 10s but was dropped from that position due to his poor form. 

STEPPS BOY likes this

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

Also, he hasn’t offered 9 goals and 6 assists in the league so your statement about being “a damn sight closer” is misleading.  It’s 5 goals and 4 assists in the league.  Is that good enough for a guy who is in his prime and was signed from the EPL?  No.  This has been a poor season from him.

9B619BDA-C708-49C2-A22A-385AB0D6E357.thumb.jpeg.0feb49278a941cb9c080d70c0427d364.jpeg

First half of the season Arfield was offering us almost nothing going forward.  He started the season off as one of our number 10s but was dropped from that position due to his poor form. 

Ok Morelos has 14 goals then.....you are a twisted individual his stats are based on our season....if up till now 9 goals and 6 assists is not satisfactory then fair enough.....i never said that was his league total....did i?

9 hours ago, hammer93 said:

Ok Morelos has 14 goals then.....you are a twisted individual his stats are based on our season....if up till now 9 goals and 6 assists is not satisfactory then fair enough.....i never said that was his league total....did i?

You said that Rangers, as a team, would be “a damn sight closer (I’m assuming you mean to celtic in the league) if the rest of the midfield had those numbers”.

If all 29 of Morelos’ goals came in the league we might be closer to celtic too, but they didn’t.  We’re in various competitions and you need to recognise that when throwing stats around.

Arfield’s return in the league has been awful.  A goal scoring contribution every 207+ mins.  He started the season as a number 10.  He lost that position due to poor form and couldn’t get in our midfield three because Jack, Davis, and Kamara were all performing better.

I’m glad Arfield has comeback from the winter break better but let’s not pretend he’s had a good season.  Overall it’s been a poor year from him.  Last year he was one of our most important players and there was talk of interest from the EPL.  

11 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Deserved his MOTM and has basically been carrying our midfield since coming back from the break

Davis and Jack very average again today. No idea where the positive, forward-passing, confident Jack from earlier in the season has gone

Just a few weeks when loads were wanting him punted, dropped, no good , end of career etc etc 

One player who gets it without his goals and Defoes goals in January we would have been fucked. I still think retiring from Canada would do him the world of good.

OhW likes this

10 hours ago, TMB said:

Has morelos really had that good a season then?

defoe has scored more than him in the league, Christie is a goal behind him?

13 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

4 goals in 3 games. 

3 from outside the box, a goalscoring midfielder eh, who would’ve thought it. 

Stick he’s got has been unnecessary. 

You play shit you get stick, on his game he is a handful but just like anyone else in the team he is not above criticism.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Just a few weeks when loads were wanting him punted, dropped, no good , end of career etc etc 

Don’t think he’s been that good to be honest. 

More that the rest have taken such a dramatic drop in form that he’s now the least worst, if that makes sense

Bluepeter9 likes this

5 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Has morelos really had that good a season then?

Of course he has.  Morelos scored the goal to get us in the Europa against Legia, then scores 5 goal in the group stages to almost single handedly earn us qualification from the group.  He’s the top scorer in the competition.  

Domestically he’s averaging a goal in the league every 115 mins which is a good return on top of all the hard work he does as a lone forward.

He’s not been scoring as regularly since coming back from the winter break but his contribution this season has been massive. 

Just now, TMB said:

Of course he has.  Morelos scored the goal to get us in the Europa against Legia, then scores 5 goal in the group stages to almost single handedly earn us qualification from the group.  He’s the top scorer in the competition.  

Domestically he’s averaging a goal in the league every 115 mins which is a good return on top of all the hard work he does as a lone forward.

He’s not been scoring as regularly since coming back from the winter break but his contribution this season has been massive. 

He’s been scoring mate, but goals are getting chopped off for fuck all. 

graeme_4 and dummiesoot like this

Arfield is only three goals away from equalling his  second best season ever - where he took 46 and 45 games in the Championship to get to 8 goals.

Last season was statistically the best season of his career. I’d suggest he’s playing at the limit of what he is capable of. He’s scored 21 goals in 89 competitive games for us. That’s a decent return.

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Taking Europe away from it he is 8 goals away from Eduoard and a goal behind our sub striker though. Is he doing enough for us in the league?  

If Arfield ain’t doing enough with 5 goals and 4 assists . Then Morelos, Kent and Aribo aren’t anywhere near it.

5 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Taking Europe away from it he is 8 goals away from Eduoard and a goal behind our sub striker though. Is he doing enough for us in the league?  

If Arfield ain’t doing enough with 5 goals and 4 assists . Then Morelos, Kent and Aribo aren’t anywhere near it.

Morelos has been brilliant for us this season.  How anyone can question that is beyond me.

You’re saying the midfield doesn’t score or create enough?  I completely agree.  It’s been a problem for quite some time.  We need more attacking quality brought in.  If anything we rely on Morelos too much.  He needs some help.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Morelos has been brilliant for us this season.  How anyone can question that is beyond me.

You’re saying the midfield doesn’t score or create enough?  I completely agree.  It’s been a problem for quite some time.  We need more attacking quality brought in.  If anything we rely on Morelos too much.  He needs some help.

For the majority he has. And he offers more than just goals. 

Has let us and himself down at times too. And has been very poor since the break, even with his goals being unfairly chopped off. 

Arfield shows up best as an attacking midfielder. Mind you I would say the same about Kamara and Aribo who are both played in more forward positions by their countries.

Trying to play round pegs in square holes does not not work well.

The concept that he isnt performing at the standards he set himself   last year is slightly over stated given the entire team is misfiring. 

His contributions of late have been vital in avoiding total collapse.