Rangers must demand Scottish FA answers over bizarre referee appointment

The Dude

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That game on the 29th was the most blatant display of a ref on the take you’ll ever see

Over the last few years we’ve had a lot of poor refereeing performances, probably largely due to the fact referees will get away with it in the media if they don’t give us a decision where the same can’t be said for the scum. This is completely the fault of our spineless board and even our manager who aren’t challenging the referees nearly enough 

But that from Clancy was blatant cheating, the absolutely worst display of refereeing I have ever seen. He wasn’t even prepared to give them a booking for blatant professional fouls, mates of mine who are neutral couldn’t even believe what they were watching 

He should be nowhere near any games involving us or them after that. Probably shouldn’t even be refereeing in the top league 

44 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Must have a massive thing against Hamilton as he ‘cheated’ them on Saturday as well. He’s just awful. 

He is generally shite and incompetent. Probably most teams have grievances about decisions he's made against them. But doubt many if any others cant highlight some in their favour too this season. This season, I can't for Rangers, despite loads against, can you?

And that's the key point when the debate is around refs just being shite.

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

That game on the 29th was the most blatant display of a ref on the take you’ll ever see

Over the last few years we’ve had a lot of poor refereeing performances, probably largely due to the fact referees will get away with it in the media if they don’t give us a decision where the same can’t be said for the scum. This is completely the fault of our spineless board and even our manager who aren’t challenging the referees nearly enough 

But that from Clancy was blatant cheating, the absolutely worst display of refereeing I have ever seen. He wasn’t even prepared to give them a booking for blatant professional fouls, mates of mine who are neutral couldn’t even believe what they were watching 

He should be nowhere near any games involving us or them after that. Probably shouldn’t even be refereeing in the top league 

You obviously never attended the game hibs won at Ibrox 3 2 when Beaton was in charge. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

But in carrying out his cheating they'll drop points more with him as ref than any other ref in the league? 

If you referee a team vastly more than any other referee then the chances of you refereeing a match they have dropped points increases, obviously. 

Not a fucking hope in hell.

Just seen the guy sent of for ICT in the cup game against the U21s had his yellow card for diving upheld. Fuck knows how they classify that as a dive and we have to put up with Morelos getting booked everytime he goes down in the box.

For those that haven't seen the tackle, it was more of a clash of bodies and maybe could have been given as our free kick if that was the thinking but it certainly wasn't a dive from the ICT player.

Joke of a ref, joke of a system, joke of a Footballing Association. At least now we're not the only ones getting fucked over because of a shite ref.

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Good article :tu:

5 hours ago, markem said:

No one can be seriously using their defeat to us as suggested evidence of him officiating them fairly. 

i tens not use the word cheating but hard to avoid on the 29th - he stopped just short of shouting ‘next goals the winner’

I agree.

I think cfc have an advantage in the SPFL competitions that other clubs don't have, Rangers appear to be having the most decisions against them, and the rest of the clubs get one here and there and cfc seem to have immunity with the refs and CO. 

If you take a look at the stats cfc are made out to be one of the cleanest playing clubs, with least fouls etc yet that is not what is being seen in the game. so the ref is effecting those stats

I  believe match manipulation is going on . I suspect they are doing it in the same way Tim Donaghy did it in the NBA.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

If you referee a team vastly more than any other referee then the chances of you refereeing a match they have dropped points increases, obviously. 

The decisions he made against them in the hibs game were ridiculous :lol:

The last game against them gave me hope that we could challenge them even with the obvious cheating but we can’t. Teams play against us knowing that they can bend the rules when it comes to kicking, blocking ,elbowing even rugby tackling our players but do the same to them and it’ll result in a player being sent off. We shouldn’t have to compete against that, why should fans pay money to watch a referee be the biggest influence in a football game. It’s blatant now and none of the main stream media will highlight it.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He is generally shite and incompetent. Probably most teams have grievances about decisions he's made against them. But doubt many if any others cant highlight some in their favour too this season. This season, I can't for Rangers, despite loads against, can you?

By Clancy? No.

In general off the top of my head 2. 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Funny how he never seems to be shite in our favour. 
Let’s see how long it is before Alan Muir gets another Rangers game. It took 12 months after the last game he gave us a favourable decision, he gives us a pen at Hamilton and doesn’t give Accies a pen. You won’t see him refereeing a Rangers game for a longtime. 

He may get a few more when the league is mathematically over 

That happed last year after our final OF defeat .And it will be exactly the same this season 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The last key decision going our way was when Flanagan could have been sent of by Clancy in our 2-0 win.His first OF game 

Told everyone that would listen .He would give us something that day .Game meant nothing in terms of trophies 

It was his Willie Collum moment for me 

You know that penalty Collum gave us way back in 2010 in his first OF game 

10 years later .Can we remember another ?

8 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

Honestly doesn't matter they are all shite ffs look at our game with Livi then look at the colts against ict and every other game in this shite hole they are all just shit.

The decision to send the ICT boy off for diving is one of the most farcical I've ever seen :lol:

Just now, Rfc52 said:

The decision to send the ICT boy off for diving is one of the most farcical I've ever seen :lol:

Honestly haven't seen anything like it not even Sunday league and I had some terrible fucking refs but not one of them would have called that a dive.

Alfies offside the other night I could tell in live play he wasn't offside nearly as bad as the Moscow decision 

The Hamilton lad from the other night

Doidge elbowing someone 4 times jumping for balls then gets booked for one where he doesn't make contact .

Just a few that come to my haze filled mind.

43 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

By Clancy? No.

In general off the top of my head 2. 

I was meaning specifically by Clancy. 

I accept refs can be poor, make genuine errors, get decisions badly wrong etc.  Said last season it didn't balance itself out overall, but we did get good fortune.

This season I could give 15 big decisions Clancy has wrongly given against, but not one for. Not one. And that ain't right, and it's not really logical if we say he's just shite.

All season with all refs I think weve had probably 2 wrongly in our favour, comfortably 25 -30 against. Again, illogical if just incompetence.

So whilst I get Clancy in particular has made mental decisions against probably all teams, including them, I'm not buying that proves anything about it just being incompetence or dispelling bias. 

No club will have stats near those I've given, especially not the scum who against us benefitted from at least a dozen in favour none against in the last 2 games.

With the quality of league we have then it’s not unreasonable to think we have pretty poor refs to match it.  It’s no coincidence it’s always open season on anything with a Rangers badge on wether that’s supporters on a beach, to a team bus to the Hummel training centre and eventually players.   The media started all this treating Rangers differently carry on and now I think it’s that ingrained on the mind that the refs treat our players differently to others.

Just noticing the apathy on this thread alone to this absolute scandal .So typical of bears and our club tbh .

I don’t care for apologists .This ref is a cheating bastard .He was ringed years ago .Its the beggars go to ref when in need 

Even if we won the game .We were brilliant on the day .This is  only way we could win an OF game nowadays 

If Cup final had been reversed .There is no way we would have lifted that cup playing like the scum did that day .And average to off days .We are fucked with most refs ,most definitely with this one 

Archived