Rangers Fined 15k

kirkiebear

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

He mentions that the club will appeal the fine at 1:25 and that there is a lot going on behind the scenes in lobbying for change in the disciplinary ststem. 

What’s more encouraging is the fact he mentions that ‘other clubs’ are now becoming involved (not before time). It’s also promising that there appears to be things happening behind the scenes and he does acknowledge that they (board) are aware of the fans frustration. 
Regardless, the board have got to up their game on keeping the fan base up to speed, he should have been announcing the appeal etc in a bespoke announcement, not as in reply to a question at an event for a totally separate subject...

47 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

What’s more encouraging is the fact he mentions that ‘other clubs’ are now becoming involved (not before time). It’s also more encouraging that there appears to be things happening behind the scenes and he does acknowledge that they (board) are aware of the fans frustration. 
Regardless, the board have got to up their game on keeping the fan base up to speed, he should have been announcing the appeal etc in a bespoke announcement, not as in reply to a question at an event for a totally separate subject...

:tu:

Agreed mate ..... we are just being notified on a need to know basis as always .... as the old saying regarding mushrooms goes .... "kept in the dark and fed shite" ...... nothing seems to change no matter who now sits or has sat on our board previously.

🇬🇧

5 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Agreed mate ..... we are just being notified on a need to know basis as always .... as the old saying regarding mushrooms goes .... "kept in the dark and fed shite" ...... nothing seems to change no matter who now sits or has sat on our board previously.

🇬🇧

Or rather sound bites to keep the the malcontents quiet and the support voice split. 

Just had a quick look at the SFA Disciplinary section. 

Very rough count, from 1/8/17 to today, there's been 22 charges against opposition teams in matches against the tarriers. 

As far as I can make out, they've received only 4.  

2 for brown, 1 dismissed and the other apparently had no outcome. 

1 for christie (injured anyway) 

Only 1 club fine of £7500

Its a tarrier cesspit this country. 

11 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Just had a quick look at the SFA Disciplinary section. 

Very rough count, from 1/8/17 to today, there's been 22 charges against teams in matches against the tarriers. 

As far as I can make out, they've received only 4.  

2 for brown, 1 dismissed and the other apparently had no outcome. 

1 for christie (injured anyway) 

Only 1 club fine of £7500

Its a tarrier cesspit this country. 

Need to keep up the myth that they do no wrong 

6 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

What’s more encouraging is the fact he mentions that ‘other clubs’ are now becoming involved (not before time). It’s also promising that there appears to be things happening behind the scenes and he does acknowledge that they (board) are aware of the fans frustration. 

Agreed. I think fans will back the board 100% if they keep us up to date on these issues. I can see Rangers and few other clubs taking this to CAS . As the refs are bringing the game into disrepute.

I've never known of any other club who have been issued a charged 3 weeks after a game and then fined £15k. It stinks as much as the punishments received for a coach telling the truth , a 'end game' gesture and a celebration 'copy catting a music artist'.  The timing of the fine is not great because it's on the eve of playing Braga. 

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Agreed. I think fans will back the board 100% if they keep us up to date on these issues. I can see Rangers and few other clubs taking this to CAS . As the refs are bringing the game into disrepute.

I've never known of any other club who have been issued a charged 3 weeks after a game and then fined £15k. It stinks as much as the punishments received for a coach telling the truth , a 'end game' gesture and a celebration 'copy catting a music artist'.  The timing of the fine is not great because it's on the eve of playing Braga. 

Another thing that strikes me is how we are almost becoming  ‘desensitised’ to a degree, to the bizarre rulings and decisions that at one time would have caused major uproar and real  real anger. We have been at the short end of the straw from our ‘fellow’ clubs, opposition fan bases, MSM, hostile pundits and more and more often an establishment, that has been infiltrated (dramatic word but one I am becoming convinced of) with place men (and women CO) who clearly favour our East end rivals,  for so long are we now expecting it? 
Unsure where we go from here, the board are not stupid men and I’d like to think they are playing it smart here as we really do not have any effective political or establishment muscle atm to take them on properly. 
Like yourself, I really do think they need to keep the fans (ourselves) on side by speaking to us more as there is no doubt we are far stronger as a consolidated group at least knowing there is some route map to parity in place...

9 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

He is a pathetic wimp 

I can imagine shanty eyes feels he would crush this little mouse of a man 

Archived