Wee bit of context

Malkytfp1

Fuck it’s good to see a context thread again.

Anyone remember when we’d get beat in cup semi finals and finals and we’d have threads like this reminding us that a few years back we were playing away at Brechin etc?

Fair play. It’s been a great night.

19 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

It’s not even just that we beat them, we beat them after being so so so fucking shite in the first half, never in a million years saw that coming 

I totally agree, I could not for theife if me see a way back.

To be honest in a weird way it kind of annoys me knowing we have that ability to get back into it but have thrown away our chances of stopping those fuckers domestically .........could we actually claw back enough to make it uncomfortable for them ?

After tonight I guess anything is possible 

4 minutes ago, Camshy said:

To be honest in a weird way it kind of annoys me knowing we have that ability to get back into it but have thrown away our chances of stopping those fuckers domestically .........could we actually claw back enough to make it uncomfortable for them ?

No one mate would have seen a way back after that first 60 mins. 

I think our management showed bravery tonight to change and go for it. We got our rewards. 

As for the league focus on one game at a time and see where it takes us. Just have to aim to finish as strong as possible. 

11 minutes ago, Camshy said:

Could kickstart us mate, and as you say after this anything is possible so let’s be patient and get behind the team 😁

Sadly we know that tomorrow the press will be all about the monumentally victorious 1-1 that another team had, whilst we had three lucky goals with no skill involved and that Aribo beating seven players and the goalie was a disrespectful, and as i said earlier elsewhere Hadji will be the next foreign demon  “vitriol, wrong city..”to be racially vilified by the press with no repercussions.

7 minutes ago, GM63 said:

Sadly we know that tomorrow the press will be all about the monumentally victorious 1-1 that another team had, whilst we had three lucky goals with no skill involved and that Aribo beating seven players and the goalie was a disrespectful, and as i said earlier elsewhere Hadji will be the next foreign demon  “vitriol, wrong city..”to be racially vilified by the press with no repercussions.

Who gives a fuck about the press or them, our players showed us tonight they do have a bit of fight in them and that’s all that matters 

2 hours ago, GM63 said:

141B0286-7352-45F5-B0D8-6F5147666C32.gif

9 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

It’s not even just that we beat them, we beat them after being so so so fucking shite in the first half, never in a million years saw that coming 

Makes our win more unbelievable

2 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

Makes Gerrards usual refusal to change games with subs etc even more infuriating. Gerrard has to learn to start being more pro active and ditch players off form... 

Switching Aribo to left back was something none of us could have predicted. It was brave, ingenious and paid off big time.

Gerrard gets stick (often deservedly) for poor choices in using subs so it is only right that he gets loads of credit for not playing it safe with Halliday for Borna at LB.

He grew up as a manager last night IMO

8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Switching Aribo to left back was something none of us could have predicted. It was brave, ingenious and paid off big time.

Gerrard gets stick (often deservedly) for poor choices in using subs so it is only right that he gets loads of credit for not playing it safe with Halliday for Borna at LB.

He grew up as a manager last night IMO

I've been a very vocal critic of Gerrard use of subs. 

But he got it spot on last night. He showed bravery to go and change the game instead of playing it safe. 

Hopefully more of the same to come 

Archived