Have we wired Genk the money yet?

j1mgg

22 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Have we paid Genk the money for Hagi yet, no point waiting till the end of his loan.

No, we won’t have the £5m.  I imagine that £5m will be paid as soon as the season ticket money comes in.

The wider point is, how much money will be left over to strengthen the rest of the squad?

Just now, TMB said:

No, we won’t have the £5m.  I imagine that £5m will be paid as soon as the season ticket money comes in.

The wider point is, how much money will be left over to strengthen the rest of the squad?

Interesting, is the £5m figure something you have guessed, or from his transfer to Genk, or something else?

19 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Keeps scoring and playing the way he is and the price will increase tenfold regardless of initial agreement? 

I'm no lawyer but pretty sure that's not how written agreements work 🤷‍♂️.

Maybe we'll add Genk to our list of courtroom adversaries

4 minutes ago, Amato said:

I'm no lawyer but pretty sure that's not how written agreements work 🤷‍♂️.

Maybe we'll add Genk to our list of courtroom adversaries

I am more worried about the £ to € conversion rate.

This boy's football brain and talent are worth vastly more than the 5m quoted and would be an absolute steal for us.

Plus, the sell on value would be many times that.

Compare that to the 7m Kent cost, it's a much better bit of business.

5 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Keeps scoring and playing the way he is and the price will increase tenfold regardless of initial agreement? 

It can’t if indeed it was agreed at the time of the loan. Great bit of business if what was mentioned is correct. 

9 hours ago, TMB said:

Winning last night gave Rangers a windfall in competition money

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2616265.html

1 minute ago, Rambo1872 said:

Kent is a good player, he just needs to stick to being a wide winger as when he comes into midfield recently he has been gash. I'm hoping he is just having a bad spell but it seems a while now since him last being consistently good. 

You can see he's got the stuff in him, but mid to front we're a bit all over the place. Hopefully the gaffer sets us up a new formation with Hagi  in the no. 10 role and Kent sticking to the wing. Setting up a new unit mid to front where everybody has a place and knows the role and sticking to it. 

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

You can see he's got the stuff in him, but mid to front we're a bit all over the place. Hopefully the gaffer sets us up a new formation with Hagi  in the no. 10 role and Kent sticking to the wing. Setting up a new unit mid to front where everybody has a place and knows the role and sticking to it. 

Morelos playing out wide coupled with his dip in form is not ideal either. We need re-grounded and organised again mate.

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Winning last night gave Rangers a windfall in competition money

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2616265.html

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong here.  But, I don’t think clubs get that money straight away.  It’s given to the SFA and they distribute the money at the start of next season.

When we went down to division 3 the SFA withheld our European money from the season prior.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong here.  But, I don’t think clubs get that money straight away.  It’s given to the SFA and they distribute the money at the start of next season.

When we went down to division 3 the SFA withheld our European money from the season prior.

Good point and the club has just been hit with a 15k fine, so we can kiss that money goodbye.

Archived