Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
gmcf

Grit and Determination

Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Will have no bearing on the league and when we are expected to win we will continue to be shite, predictable and drop points

When will you like us?
 

Rough timescales will suffice, cheers

WATP-FOREVER likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Last night showed a bit of grit and determination can go a long way .

Let's not kid ourselves , Braga were technically superior to us . But where we were short in technical ability , we made up in desire ,  grit and determination . 

In fact , what we did to Braga last night , is what Scottish teams have been doing to us recently . I've often said we struggle,  or drop points in the league , not because other teams are better than us , but because they try harder than us . What they're short of in ability they make up for on effort and simple hard graft , while all too often we can seem half hearted . 

Let's hope it's a lesson learned , and we show that same hunger and determination to go with our ability in every game  , no matter the opponent , the way we did before the break . 

To win the game you have to win the battle first . 

It wasn't just the team, Gerrard was highly animated in the technical area, shouting out instructions and encouragement, as well as making bold substitutions. Whereas at recent league games he's just stood there with his arms folded.

 

eejay the dj likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've never really bought into the notion that this group of players don't try hard. Last night, the substitutions made an impact and that was the difference in the turnaround.

Last night was the second time they've tried to get back into a game since Parkhead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, five stars said:

It wasn't just the team, Gerrard was highly animated in the technical area, shouting out instructions and encouragement, as well as making bold substitutions. Whereas at recent league games he's just stood there with his arms folded.

 

Find it absolutely bizarre .He does this in European ties ,yet very rarely does it in vital  Scottish league games 🤔

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've never really bought into the notion that this group of players don't try hard. Last night, the substitutions made an impact and that was the difference in the turnaround.

Do you think ?  You see my biggest criticism since the break is we've been very lacklustre , bordering on arrogance at the beginning . When we've dropped points , I don't think any team have outplayed us ,  but at the same time we havent done enough to win . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, five stars said:

It wasn't just the team, Gerrard was highly animated in the technical area, shouting out instructions and encouragement, as well as making bold substitutions. Whereas at recent league games he's just stood there with his arms folded.

 

Fair comment . Different managers react differently , but you'ld think , in fact I'm sure , he wouldn't be happy with recent performances . Between him and his back room staff I'm sure they'll be looking for more urgency from the team . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, five stars said:

It wasn't just the team, Gerrard was highly animated in the technical area, shouting out instructions and encouragement, as well as making bold substitutions. Whereas at recent league games he's just stood there with his arms folded.

 

Agreed 100% the influence he can have on the team when he "engages fully" is amazing.

Equally the passive manner he adopts in crucial league games is baffling especially when we need to up the ante and show the commitment we saw last night.

European nights are special and always will be but they will look like a Sunday school outing compared to 55.

Love Stevie G and think he's the man to get us there, but do worry at times that he thinks Europe is more important than the league. 99% of fans would take losing and going out next week to win the league, I hope  SG gets this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Can achieve anything at ibrox when the team and support pull together 

This all day long

The players take the majority of the stick when the performance is flat but let's not kid ourselves that the atmosphere doesn't play a part in what level of performance the team produces.

I know the usual brigade will be along with the "well give us something to sing and get excited about "

That itself is a cop out statement, recent home games against St Mirren, Ross County & Livingston have been like a morgue, take that in contrast to a game against the scum or any of our recent European games where the atmosphere is electric, I said last night after the 1st goal the crowd got right behind the team, the lift players  get from 4 Ibrox stands rocking was clear to see, our next home league game is against them so let's hope a similar atmosphere does the trick again. 

Cedrick and Blumhoilann like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

This all day long

The players take the majority of the stick when the performance is flat but let's not kid ourselves that the atmosphere doesn't play a part in what level of performance the team produces.

I know the usual brigade will be along with the "well give us something to sing and get excited about "

That itself is a cop out statement, recent home games against St Mirren, Ross County & Livingston have been like a morgue, take that in contrast to a game against the scum or any of our recent European games where the atmosphere is electric, I said last night after the 1st goal the crowd got right behind the team, the lift players  get from 4 Ibrox stands rocking was clear to see, our next home league game is against them so let's hope a similar atmosphere does the trick again. 

Ibrox is quiet for most league games, didn’t seem to bother the players the first half of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Ibrox is quiet for most league games, didn’t seem to bother the players the first half of the season. 

I'm not buying that, even stretching back to the 80s the atmosphere at Ibrox was always gauged on the opposition, games against the sheep, scum, the Edinburgh clubs and Dundee Utd  always had a bigger intensity about them than games against the lower lights....the proof was always in the celebrations after a goal, against the better teams the place would explode, against the dross people would cheer & clap so its completely different atmospheres....even in this day and age I sense a lethargy within the support outwith European, scum, hibs & sheep games, it's not just us that suffer them across the city have a similar problem and the Premier league in England is woeful for atmosphere at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hammer93 said:

I'm not buying that, even stretching back to the 80s the atmosphere at Ibrox was always gauged on the opposition, games against the sheep, scum, the Edinburgh clubs and Dundee Utd  always had a bigger intensity about them than games against the lower lights....the proof was always in the celebrations after a goal, against the better teams the place would explode, against the dross people would cheer & clap so its completely different atmospheres....even in this day and age I sense a lethargy within the support outwith European, scum, hibs & sheep games, it's not just us that suffer them across the city have a similar problem and the Premier league in England is woeful for atmosphere at times.

Mate, Feyenoord and last night aside it's been shite all season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Mate, Feyenoord and last night aside it's been shite all season. 

I think that is the kind of point I'm trying to make, even the last game against Aberdeen was shite, I have no doubt in my mind if the place is rocking from ko then the level of performances would improve greatly 

Dunfermline 2003 last game of the season, the ground was heaving way before ko, we needed a big win that day to try and win the league, the atmosphere was fucking bouncing and it yielded a 6-1 victory to win the league, no doubt in my mind the atmosphere that day was the difference in the level of performance the players gave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

This all day long

The players take the majority of the stick when the performance is flat but let's not kid ourselves that the atmosphere doesn't play a part in what level of performance the team produces.

I know the usual brigade will be along with the "well give us something to sing and get excited about "

That itself is a cop out statement, recent home games against St Mirren, Ross County & Livingston have been like a morgue, take that in contrast to a game against the scum or any of our recent European games where the atmosphere is electric, I said last night after the 1st goal the crowd got right behind the team, the lift players  get from 4 Ibrox stands rocking was clear to see, our next home league game is against them so let's hope a similar atmosphere does the trick again. 

Bang on mate , a good forum here to vent our opinions on players not performing, hurling abuse at the games does no good whatsoever, it’s not the Ferguson’s De Boer’s anymore , mentality is included in the package of a player , and where it was like water off a ducks back to players of old , many of our current squad go into their shell , Kamara was having a fucking howler , I’ve said a good few times on here his negativity in possession does my tits in , never would I scream abuse , screaming at the lad last night made him worse ,

hagi scores , ibrox believed ,Braga’s arse collapsed under the noise Rangers won , it’s no coincidence 

hammer93 and bornabear like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...