*****Official St Johnstone v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Who do we think of bringing in mate? It will cost a bunch of dosh to get rid of him and his team. I think we stick with him. We need better players imo. 

I have no idea mate and to be honest we cannot afford to sack him, so unless he walks at the end of the season that is how it will be for next season.

I like him but I believe he has been a factor in fucking up Katic by criticising him in public, he never does it to other players (maybe Alfredo once) . Even when Katic scored the winner at the piggery he had to mention Hellander scoring a goal.   

Obviously I am just sick to the back teeth and not maybe thinking too straight but getting tired of seeing the same shite game after game.

2 hours ago, Zappa6995 said:

He missed one sitter too many the manager had a hissy fit and his luck ran out, he should have been off earlier or better still never even started.

Agree with all that was the wrong time to take him off, should have been Kent for Stewart if anything.

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

They will no doubt find their form against Braga away 

Yet SG seems to demand different standard from domestic to European ties 

I find that odd .

It's nothing to do with the standards, it's that European teams dont sit in with 9 men behind the ball so give you space to play

Gerrard has had nearly 2 years now though of watching us playing 1 upfront against that in the league & surely must look over at the taigs who are tearing teams apart with 2 strikers & think about changing it.

The problem is he is stubborn & has no backup plan other than panic, send everybody on who is an attacker and hope for the best

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Several reasons.  

1) He will have 2 years of Scottish football under his belt and the experience should make him more prepared.

Seemingly hasn’t learned a thing so far 

2) As an individual he has a steely determination to succeed and won’t shy away from the challenge.

This is irrelevant when him and his team look this toothless 

3) I see no obvious alternative that is clearly going to improve us immediately.

There’s plenty it’s just whether we could afford them 

4) We have improved year on year and I would expect the same again next year.  With a clear head, we are miles ahead of where we were when he joined.

We’re probably going to finish this season further behind than we did last year with another scum treble 

5) Pre Christmas we have shown we can match celtic and beat them in the head to heads.  

Leagues aren’t won pre Christmas or on head to heads with Taigs 

What would you do?

Give him a kick up the arse and tell him he’s on very, very thin ice

3 minutes ago, Lucasloyal said:

Berwick Rangers? Oh have I hit the wrong forum 😕?

nah people got funny over a joke comment and on here they think its acceptable to troll and bully people who has a different opinion to them 

Aye you have hit the wrong forum fuck off back to kiddiefiddle street

14 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Katic rightly getting a lot of stick for his dreadful performance, but Goldson should not get off the hook. He was equally to blame for the defensive shambles that produced the corner from which they scored their second. 

Goldson wasn’t good today but Katic was a disgrace and has cost us a lot since the break   The blame today lies firmly at his door and should be dropped  unfortunately Edmundson is poor as well if only Helander was fit  I think we would be more solid 

Just now, steven33jackie said:

The fact that down south they talk about Gerrard and his eventual progress to being manager at Liverpool is laughable. I work with a few scousers and they genuinely believe this will happen. 

They want it to happen the same way we did with McCoist. It's no laughable or unusual, its Football.

3 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Several reasons.  

1) He will have 2 years of Scottish football under his belt and the experience should make him more prepared.

2) As an individual he has a steely determination to succeed and won’t shy away from the challenge.  I don’t think he will down tools, if anything it will make him more determined imo.

3) I see no obvious alternative that is clearly going to improve us immediately.

4) We have improved year on year and I would expect the same again next year.  With a clear head, we are miles ahead of where we were when he joined.

5) Pre Christmas we have shown we can match celtic and beat them in the head to heads.  

What would you do?

Blind as a fucking bat. Fans like you drive me fucking nuts. Do you feel more staunch just blindly standing bye a gaffer? A gaffer who has won fuck all..will prob finish 10 points at least behind them and seems incapable of change. But yeah lets all believe that next season all this will be resolved. He'll do the exact same shite next year but by then its too late as we watch the scum win 10. 

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

The fact that down south they talk about Gerrard and his eventual progress to being manager at Liverpool is laughable. I work with a few scousers and they genuinely believe this will happen. 

The way he’s going there’s more chance of one of us managing Liverpool 

Just now, Rusty117 said:

Blind as a fucking bat. Fans like you drive me fucking nuts. Do you feel more staunch just blindly standing bye a gaffer? A gaffer who has won fuck all..will prob finish 10 points at least behind them and seems incapable of change. But yeah lets all believe that next season all this will be resolved. He'll do the exact same shite next year but by then its too late as we watch the scum win 10. 

Fans like you drive me even more fucking nuts.  Screaming sack the manager with no solution. 

3 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Several reasons.  

2) As an individual he has a steely determination to succeed and won’t shy away from the challenge.  I don’t think he will down tools, if anything it will make him more determined imo.

What would you do?

Point one he shows no signs of learning anything and repeats the same mistakes ad nauseum.  Point four improvement? Sorry I see no improvement whatsoever under Gerrard simply more of the same.  What would I do? Pointless going back in time because we can't (an experienced manager should have been appointed three seasons ago minimum) but I fear more of the same beckons next season. The filth have been handed ten on a platter. Time for change. If this was any of our recent managers it wouldn't even be up for debate. 

Archived