Channel 4 Focus on Paedo Rings in Scottish Football

doc holliday

There needs to be a truly independent investigation carried out by someone who has no love of football or Scotland or religion.

While that won't happen, the one fucking disgusting thing that shouldn't happen is to use it as a points scoring exercise. If they were involved (we know they were), if Patrick were involved, if we were involved then who gives a fuck about the current football team (unless it's still going on), I don't believe it's a society thing it is clearly stems from a religious thing. Whoever is guilty should be prosecuted for those crimes.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mclovin9091 said:

There needs to be a truly independent investigation carried out by someone who has no love of football or Scotland or religion.

While that won't happen, the one fucking disgusting thing that shouldn't happen is to use it as a points scoring exercise. If they were involved (we know they were), if Patrick were involved, if we were involved then who gives a fuck about the current football team (unless it's still going on), I don't believe it's a society thing it is clearly stems from a religious thing. Whoever is guilty should be prosecuted for those crimes.

A religious thing? The only thing 'religious' about it is that it is cunts of every faith who are at it. Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, Jews,

If you think it's just a 'religious' thing then you are miles wide of the mark. Just ask those abused by the Church of Scotland or the Orange Order.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

I do hope you are right, but I am worried about other clubs being brought into it as I would have thought we would have already heard about this being the historical nature of the abuse. We already know of a couple of isolated cases including that coach we sacked, but the evidence is clear on the systemic abuse at the scum, just that no cunt will investigate a "ring" being in play and the connection to Saville, Directors etc and the cover up, which for me is where the real story lies.

His tweet suggest the scum are his target here. Hopefully the programme exposes what we all know about it but that the rest of the world has had suppressed from them.

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Others were and have been highlighted on here repeatedly.

Hibs, Partick Thistle and Falkirk have all been implicated.

Thistle admitted they covered up allegations.

It turns out there are PLENTY of qualms about it being openly discussed when it isn't celtic.

I've no qualms about Rangers being openly discussed on tv if we were part of a paedophile ring, it shouldn't be hidden. Nor should it be if its other scottish clubs, or specifically the scum where the the convictions and club actions imo already demonstrate paedo ring guilt.

Not sure why any decent person would oppose this pov. 

Why haven't any Scottish based investigative(joke!) journalists or media outlets  covered this scandal in any depth and pointed the finger at the main institutional abusers in and outwith football.

Because it would point in one main general  direction  in terms of the concentration and level of abuse and they are very uncomfortable with that fact.

In effect very powerful  institutional and political censorship is robustly and rogorously applied.

They produce the finger wagging  and mantra  of encouraging sectarianism and racism as a highly effective way of suppressing  full and proper coverage.openness and scrutiny.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I've no qualms about Rangers being openly discussed on tv if we were part of a paedophile ring, it shouldn't be hidden. Nor should it be if its other scottish clubs, or specifically the scum where the the convictions and club actions imo already demonstrate paedo ring guilt.

Not sure why any decent person would oppose this pov. 

Sadly, because it's not celtic. There was someone on here (can't remember who) arguing thistle weren't really important in it as they only covered up one peadophile. Same with One of the celtic coaches. Their convictions relate specifically to his time elsewhere but that comes second to the fact he worked at celtic and may have had links to others.

There are many differences between us and the scum and, in the context of this story, our approaches could not be further apart.

If we had a nest of vipers within our club, we would want them exposed, punished and we would show the world our open but clean wound where the cancer was removed. We would ensure it could never happen again.

Across the city, the same modus operandi, which has served their twisted church for centuries, is deployed. Deny, deflect, distract and convince the victim that coming forward would be a selfish, thoughtless act. They are superb at it as anyone would be with hundreds of years of experience.

If there is to be a THOROUGH, INDEPENDENT investigation, then bring it on. But we all know that the shifting balance of power in the game and, sadly, the country means that will not happen.

I’ll watch the C4 programme but my expectations of real courageous, investigative, journalism are minimal. I would love to be wrong.

1 minute ago, doc holliday said:

Why haven't any Scottish based investigative(joke!) journalists or media outlets  covered this scandal in any depth and pointed the finger at the main institutional abusers in and outwith football.

Because it would point in one main general  direction  in terms of the concentration and level of abuse and they are very uncomfortable with that fact.

In effect very powerful  institutional and political censorship is robustly and rogorously applied.

They produce the finger wagging of encouraging sectarianism and racism as a highly effective way of suppressing  full and proper coverage and scrutiny.

How did the most recent set of convictions come about and some of the coaches identified and located?

Without strong evidence to back it up, you can't just accuse people of covering up systematic sexual abuse of children. that's how you get the living fuck sued out of you.

Were institutional censorship being applied, we'd have no idea about the coaches who have been convicted thus far.

1 minute ago, doc holliday said:

Sellick Directors involved in a business relationship with the main abuser ,ensured he was re employed at the Boys Club despite being fully aware of what was going on.

Does that mean Rangers condone domestic abuse? We remained in a business relationship with a domestic abuser when we were full aware of what was going on.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Sadly, because it's not celtic. There was someone on here (can't remember who) arguing thistle weren't really important in it as they only covered up one peadophile. Same with One of the celtic coaches. Their convictions relate specifically to his time elsewhere but that comes second to the fact he worked at celtic and may have had links to others.

So you're talking about one poster who held that view?

The thread imo is about paedo rings so in that context I'm sure we can all agree that any child sex abuse and any corporate cover up of said abuse is abhorrent. Any individual involved in either the crime or the subsequent cover up deserves the wrath of society and the full force of the law.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So you're talking about one poster who held that view?

The thread imo is about paedo rings so in that context I'm sure we can all agree that any child sex abuse and any corporate cover up of said abuse is abhorrent. Any individual involved in either the crime or the subsequent cover up deserves the wrath of society and the full force of the law.

Far more than one.

Absolutely agree it's abhorrent. I've been rather consistent in that view in my entire time on here. Rather than getting excited at the prospect of celtic being punished, I've long said ALL allegations should be thoroughly investigated, not just the ones that happened to take place at our biggest rivals.

11 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

There are many differences between us and the scum and, in the context of this story, our approaches could not be further apart.

If we had a nest of vipers within our club, we would want them exposed, punished and we would show the world our open but clean wound where the cancer was removed. We would ensure it could never happen again.

Across the city, the same modus operandi, which has served their twisted church for centuries, is deployed. Deny, deflect, distract and convince the victim that coming forward would be a selfish, thoughtless act. They are superb at it as anyone would be with hundreds of years of experience.

If there is to be a THOROUGH, INDEPENDENT investigation, then bring it on. But we all know that the shifting balance of power in the game and, sadly, the country means that will not happen.

I’ll watch the C4 programme but my expectations of real courageous, investigative, journalism are minimal. I would love to be wrong.

Great post

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Far more than one.

Absolutely agree it's abhorrent. I've been rather consistent in that view in my entire time on here. Rather than getting excited at the prospect of celtic being punished, I've long said ALL allegations should be thoroughly investigated, not just the ones that happened to take place at our biggest rivals.

All should but it's natural for the us to want the scum hung drawn and quartered for it especially.

That organisation take the moral high ground on all matters, speak of charitable virtues and open to all, regularly speak out against our club. And undoubtedly bought into kicking us when down with letters to UEFA etc whilst they strengthened as a direct result of our woes.

So I accept theres a bit of me that wants revenge given they are our main enemy, but independent of that they are also an abhorrent outfit with  employees and fans who are simply scum. But more importantly for decades they have taken said moral high ground (cant say the same for thistle, etc) whilst deliberately concealing what I believe to be the largest, broadest, most horrific cross border csa criminality uk sport has ever seen. If it's wrong to want that addressed more than others, then I'll happily be in the wrong. And that's in no way stating I dont want all abuse and cover ups investigated and acted upon.

18 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I don’t have much time for religion at all they are generally corrupt ,especially the RC church ,From the RC church we have a particularly fucked up version living here where the myth of being oppressed in this day and age is peddled constantly 

I once told one of the cult that the image of Jesus Christ as a Caucasian man could not be true ,I was hit back with ,that’s anti catholic ,The fact tat the RC church is just one sect of Christianity was lost on him 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

All should but it's natural for the us to want the scum hung drawn and quartered for it especially.

That organisation take the moral high ground on all matters, speak of charitable virtues and open to all, regularly speak out against our club. And undoubtedly bought into kicking us when down with letters to UEFA etc whilst they strengthened as a direct result of our woes.

So I accept theres a bit of me that wants revenge given they are our main enemy, but independent of that they are also an abhorrent outfit with  employees and fans who are simply scum. But more importantly for decades they have taken said moral high ground (cant say the same for thistle, etc) whilst deliberately concealing what I believe to be the largest, broadest, most horrific cross border csa criminality uk sport has ever seen. If it's wrong to want that addressed more than others, then I'll happily be in the wrong. And that's in no way stating I dont want all abuse and cover ups investigated and acted upon.

I totally disagree that its 'natural' to want one child abuser punished more severely than another because of an affiliation with a football club. 

Some mentalists wrote letters to UEFA about EBTS? Who fucking cares when we're talking about children being abused. 

This is where my problem lies. People are more interested because of who the perpetrators were rather than any real concern for the victims. And that to me is stomach-turning. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive to it as a close friend was abused as a kid but it should be about getting justice for the abused rather than because of who the abusers are. 

We are all agreed that  abuse.. child ,domestic or whatever is horrendous for the innocents involved.

It has gone on for ages  in society and the voices of children and other  powerless innocents in society have been ignored and suppressed.

Getting the guilty in the frame and exposing their crimes usually only occurs long after the event  and can lead often to a very unsatisfactory outcome.

Football clearly is only a part of a far wider problem.It is  shameful that it has taken so long for a spotlight to be shown on this matter

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I totally disagree that its 'natural' to want one child abuser punished more severely than another because of an affiliation with a football club. 

Some mentalists wrote letters to UEFA about EBTS? Who fucking cares when we're talking about children being abused. 

This is where my problem lies. People are more interested because of who the perpetrators were rather than any real concern for the victims. And that to me is stomach-turning. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive to it as a close friend was abused as a kid but it should be about getting justice for the abused rather than because of who the abusers are. 

Is there a football club in our league that has more associates/ employees convicted? That has done worse to disassociate itself with separate entity claims, hired a cover up PR company, paid to have part of it rebranded to distance from guilt?  That allegedly instigated NDAs to suppress info? That has influenced football and beyond for decades whilst concealing widespread csa including it appears cross borders criminality?

Because yes each victim should get justice, and each abuser and crime concealed should get their just desserts too. Especially those at the biggest, worst corporate abuser I've known of in my lifetime, who just so happens to be my most bitter enemy.

So yes I find your outlook strange to focus so little on the scum, who appear to have monopolized taking csa to the extreme then concealing it. By all means fight for justice for all but for fuck sake fight for justice to be served against the most guilty too (in my case especially because its the scum / in your case even if it is the scum).

Despite the rhetoric of the Holocaust denier, the evidence thus far points to the club like no other in having so many individual convictions associated with them, plus the lawyer having the names of 14 abusers and over 100 victims by the hand of those associated with the club like no other. Not hard to join up the dots unless you're a fucking moron, or a sick bastard with an agenda.

Then we have the association with Saville, Bennell, Priests et al and one convicted staffer telling of Bennell's involvement. Then we have ex Directors McGinn and Kelly, co Directors with convicted serial paedo Torbett in at least four of his companies, but heh ho let's just ignore the elephant in the room, there is no paedo ring and drag in every other cunt and make it a Scottish football problem.

The Holocaust didn't happen right?! Or it couldn't have just been the nazi's surely?! Let's drag in the Italians, the Russians, the Poles, the Turks and so on. It must have them too, surely? Meanwhile, Elvis has just left the building!

This fucking place at times!

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is there a football club in our league that has more associates/ employees convicted? That has done worse to disassociate itself with separate entity claims, hired a cover up PR company, paid to have part of it rebranded to distance from guilt?  That allegedly instigated NDAs to suppress info? That has influenced football and beyond for decades whilst concealing widespread csa including it appears cross borders criminality?

Because yes each victim should get justice, and each abuser and crime concealed should get their just desserts too. Especially those at the biggest, worst corporate abuser I've known of in my lifetime, who just so happens to be my most bitter enemy.

So yes I find your outlook strange to focus so little on the scum, who appear to have monopolized taking csa to the extreme then concealing it. By all means fight for justice for all but for fuck sake fight for justice to be served against the most guilty too (in my case especially because its the scum / in your case even if it is the scum).

Some doth try too hard to deflect from the elephant in the room!

53 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Does that mean Rangers condone domestic abuse? We remained in a business relationship with a domestic abuser when we were full aware of what was going on.

Tbf we didn’t put him in a role where he was directly responsible and trusted for the welfare of women.

I’ve said many times that unfortunately where there are children there will always be predators. I’m sure that back in the day most clubs would have had perverts coaching and grooming their young because that’s what predators do and there  was not the same stringent measures we have in place now. The problem for me is how clubs dealt with these monsters when they were discovered. Yes it turned out that even at our club there were paedophiles but we did the right thing and exposed these cretins, sacked them immediately and called the police. If other clubs, ie Hibs, had even warned other clubs about former employees then maybe it could have saved many children the trauma of the abuse they suffered. celtic need to admit they have did wrong, apologise to the survivors of this abuse and take the consequences of their wrongdoing.  If Rangers acted in the same manner as them I couldn’t support them it’s a simple as that. 

Archived