Time for a new manager?

Dave Hedgehog

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Then when we’ve fuck all to play for the team will win 8 games in a row n we’ll all be buzzing for next season only to be hit wae the same shite

Haha ,this squad are never winning any 8 games in a row...........

32 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think we should sack Gerrard but you would like to think that Ross Wilson would already have a massive list of potential managers should he leave. Southampton have that black box room where they do ongoing analysis so you would imagine he would have taken some names from there and noted them for future use.

I'd like to think their is a plan of action in place in the event a new manager is needed. He will surley have some kind of shortlist. 

One of the reasons for a DOF is to have a structure in place so a change of manger doesn't require the club to have to start from scratch. 

37 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Davis & Defoe should not have been offered new playing contracts

Two players the wrong side of 35 offered new contacts before they’re even half way through the current season was ridiculous. They’ll be on big wages that could have been used to bring in some quality to have a go at the title next year and instead we’re left with two player who if their legs haven’t gone this season will be gone this time next year. Madness.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

He needs considerable money in the summer. Take Hagi and kamberi on permanent deals and get the defence sorted for good, still feels like we’re just patching over some of the cracks rather than getting it right. 

Do we give him money to spend on bringing in better players only for him to play the same way against the absolute pish in this league? 

He's had plenty of time to figure out how to beat these teams yet isn't even attempting to change anything. 

33 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Do we give him money to spend on bringing in better players only for him to play the same way against the absolute pish in this league? 

He's had plenty of time to figure out how to beat these teams yet isn't even attempting to change anything. 

It's the only option really, we're not going to sack him so the only other option is to give him money to spend and hope we can win the league but the fact is the taigs will win at least 10 in a row, we've not got a chance with Gerrard as manager and King will never sack his hero

4 minutes ago, Willis said:

It's the only option really, we're not going to sack him so the only other option is to give him money to spend and hope we can win the league but the fact is the taigs will win at least 10 in a row, we've not got a good with Gerrard as manager and King will never sack his hero

The board will do or should do what’s best for the club mate, and they want to sell ST’s, Bears won’t commit to another season of indifference and second best with no silverware 

The board were fully aware that they were signing a completely inexperienced manager. There’s every chance we will end this season without silverware which will be gut wrenching. But we look likely to gain more points than last season, further in Europe and made one cup final so far. All better than last season. Gerrard can argue he’s doing as well as could reasonably be expected. If the board get rid of him now what was the point in getting an inexperienced manager in the first place. 

27 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

It’s a catch 22 mate - if he goes I dread to think who the board would bring in and we don’t have money to back a new manager with new ideas. If we stick with Gerrard we need to go all in with the money we have and hope he learns to change things. 

24 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

The board will do or should do what’s best for the club mate, and they want to sell ST’s, Bears won’t commit to another season of indifference and second best with no silverware 

I think it would have to get a lot worse than this for King to consider sacking him. But hopefully I'm wrong and King can see it's not working.

I honestly don't know what the best option is, sacking him and bringing in a new manager is almost pointless at this point and we can't afford it. But I don't know if there's any point in throwing a ton of money at him either. I think the cats out the bag and 10IAR is a given at this point. Maybe we should just focus on getting the Club in a good position for the future, fuck knows tho, this is bloody depressing

Archived