Time for a new manager?

Dave Hedgehog

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We can't afford it. 

This.  We wouldn't just be changing Gerrard but all his backroom crew as well.  Any new guy might cost us to release him from his current job along with his chosen assistants and he's going to look at that squad and wonder how big his transfer budget will be. He'll know his remit is to win the league next season and nothing less will do.  It's hard to imagine all that rolling into place and finding a guy who believes he can do it on a shoestring.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Think we all did mate tbh, I just cant understand why you'd not try something different from the start. We all thought the league was over even before today (Gerrard must be thinking the same deep down) so why not go 4-4-2 or try a back 3...just change it up a bit and give us something different!

Because he has favourites and also doesn’t have the ability to change tactics. Like he was as a player he can get his team up for the big games or Europe but when it comes to the consistency needed to win a league he falls short. 

He’s also bought some absolute fucking garbage and let half decent players go. 

I’m sick to the back teeth of him to be honest. 

Kamberi starting today was there for all to see, he fucking shat it.

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We can't afford it. 

We really need to stop giving management such long contracts. 

A 12 month rolling contract might only sound a short term fix but I’d save a fortune in payoffs. 

10 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

His changes got us back to a winning position, can’t blame a individual error on him. 

This.

If Gerrard plays Katic against Braga then you can cite him for picking a player that has gifted them two goals today.

Gerrard changed things up at half time and I hope that it changes things from here on and play with two up top but he can’t be held to account for the calamitous defensive errors today.

Also bringing on Davis was done to tighten things up in the middle, he didn’t want a repeat of killie when everyone ripped into him for not bringing Davis on, seems he can’t win either way.

Had we not been doing our bambi on ice rendition at the back we’d have fought back from 1-0 down to win 2-1, largely down to Kamberi who I really feel sorry for given the defence has fucked it for us again.

Edmundson has to replace katic

14 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

For me it’s 100%.

He changed it at half time with a player the fans wanted to start. 

Took him until halftime to see what the fans have seen since Thursday.

He just doesn’t learn.

The league is away even if they tramps drop something today are we will continue to drop more if this keeps going.

So do you think we should change our manager ?

If the results and performance continue then it has to be inevitable that something will happen. He signs the players picks the team and formations. Nobody is bigger than the club and success at this club is a default setting if you can't bring success then you won't be here. 

3 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Mon then, who you got lined up? 

No-one. Its not my job to hire a manager.

To suggest there isnt a better manager out there than gerrard is fucking nonsense and you know it. Hes clueless.

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Hiw the fuck can people still stand up for him??

He goes into every game with the same tactics that have failed us for months....Yes months! 

Eventually we go 2 up top and it works! 

Then what does the 'manager' do....Goes back to his wee 4-3-2-1 and tries to defend it....Same mistake he made before that cost us.

We won't win anythind under him and ive stood up for him until now.

Cant argie with that. Get rid of. Keep players buy try different tactics

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Last chance saloon next season for me, I’ve been as angry as anyone but there is too many pro factors to sack Gerrard, despite the obvious cons. 

He needs to use the rest of this season to try plan B. Season is comoletely over now. Try a new formation/tactics. He has fucked us with his inability and stubborness to not change.

For 20 minutes two up top worked todat then he fucked it.

If he continues to play this formation the rest of the season then he is showing he cant adapt or learn and we need a new manager.

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Last chance saloon next season for me, I’ve been as angry as anyone but there is too many pro factors to sack Gerrard, despite the obvious cons. 

I agree with next season I think that’s fair.

Hes taken us far further in Europe than anyone had any right to even consider at this stage, but domestically we have to win silverware we can’t just keep getting close.

Bring in a new manager now and you hand the scum 10 in a row, Gerrard I feel can do it as can the majority of the squad but we really don’t do ourselves any favours with the goals and points we’ve been shipping. It’s all down to mistakes we are making rather than brilliance from the other team.

4 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

1. Can't afford it. 

2. No better alternative. 

3. Katic lost the game today, not Gerrard. 

The focus needs to be sell Alfie and use the money to get central defence sorted before we think about punting the manager. 

I don’t want Gerrard to get sacked but the whole no better alternative is a nonsense argument.  There’s literally hundreds of managers working in football and you don’t think there’s one out there who could do better than Gerrard is? Sorry mate but I don’t buy it.

Archived