Time for a new manager?

Dave Hedgehog

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He scored half the league goals that Negri did that season, he was not the top drawer player that season that he became. Some Scandinavian guy at DU had more league goals than him and a couple scum midfielders were not far off his return IIRC.

Davis played a key part in that goal alongside those two. His weak slack pass lost possession instead of us having a counter attack, which was after the long ball and danger was averted. So yeah it had a big bearing imo mate.

I don't remember that tbh bud, my recollection was when the long ball came in both Katic & Goldson hesitated and let the ball bounce for May to gather, I just remember May taking the ball over to the left where eventually the ball went out for a corner 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Thursday night was a fluke after all how can a team go from being so good before the break go to this there is something badly wrong here there has been some talk that was rubbished about a fall out but there has to some element of truth in this.

15 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

No manager on earth can prevent players making horrendous individual fuck ups, hes made and is still making mistakes of his own but he he generally owns up to that. Some are saying its embarrassing him calling out the players but if they aren't big enough to handle the honest truth then they shouldn't be at Rangers. They would be better at another club where the expectations aren't so high.

And neither should he.

He set up the team, with the same old system, with the same old faces, with the loser mentality and disorganised to fuck. That's down to him. 

4 minutes ago, Zulu said:

So Thursday night was a fluke after all how can a team go from being so good before the break go to this there is something badly wrong here there has been some talk that was rubbished about a fall out but there has to some element of truth in this.

Reached that glass celing. It's now well and truly shattered.

Davis & Defoe should not have been offered new playing contracts and as much as I hate to say it but the time is up for Tavernier & Morelos. If Gerrard wants to succeed he needs to start being more ruthless and act like a manager and not a players manager. He is only a few years removed from the game and I think he is too close to the players in that regard. Ferguson (in his day) & Mourinho don't care if they are liked or not.

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He called out no cunt today.

I'm raging he hasn't to be perfectly honest. Probs best he didnt though as the folk that want him sacked would say he's lost the dressing room, thrown players under bus, assassinated them blah blah.

After the performances since the break, he wants to throw himself under a bus.

Same old formation, same old faces. Same old shite.

24 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Van Bronckhorst just took a job in China and De Boer is at Atlanta in the MLS. We don't have the money to pay off Gerrard, bring 1 of them in and give them any sort of decent budget to sign their own players

I get that finances means Gerrard is going no where.

I just don't see him being the manager that takes us back to the top now. He's now overseen back to back collapses after the new year. He's done this by stubbornly sticking to a formation and not learning from his mistakes. Yes players should be getting their share of blame but the buck always stops with the manager. 

Who is to say a more experienced and tactically flexible manager couldn't get more from this sqaud. 

If he finishes double figures behind the scum and trophyless again.  There is going to be a shit ton of pressure put on the board to make a change. They may be forced into finding funds to bring someone else in. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Davis & Defoe should not have been offered new playing contracts and as much as I hate to say it but the time is up for Tavernier & Morelos. If Gerrard wants to succeed he needs to start being more ruthless and act like a manager and not a players manager. He is only a few years removed from the game and I think he is too close to the players in that regard. Ferguson (in his day) & Mourinho don't care if they are liked or not.

Lot of truth in that.

I don’t think we should sack Gerrard but you would like to think that Ross Wilson would already have a massive list of potential managers should he leave. Southampton have that black box room where they do ongoing analysis so you would imagine he would have taken some names from there and noted them for future use.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

This all day long

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Were both of those new contracts not just before Dubai too? Neither were hardly at risk of being 'nicked from us' over the festive window.

This might have no bearing to the topic at hand, maybe it does; did we ever find out exactly why Mark Allen left? 

Always seemed a little strange to me that the guy who was so vocal about how happy he was to bring Gerrard in just upped and left all of a sudden. Seem to remember reading on here folk saying something was up behind the scenes too, you wonder.

Archived