Sign in to follow this  
stevemac

Katic

3 minutes ago, bob1873 said:

Tactically naive.  Can manage in Europe but just doesn’t get it domestically. Too many blinded by Gerrard the player and not seeing Gerrard the manager.

Tbf he was just like that as a player.

bob1873 likes this

7 minutes ago, stevemac said:

I dunno, it fucking hurts at the minute it really does but no so long since we had sanderos, kiernan and mohsni. 

Tell me one game where any of them coukdnt  pass, tackle, read play and at times even stand up. Plus cost us 2 goals and points.

Even in the scum game Senderos was dreadful neither him nor those others have been as bad as Katic was today.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tell me one game where any of them coukdnt  pass, tackle, read play and at times even stand up. Plus cost us 2 goals and points.

Even in the scum game Senderos was dreadful neither him nor those others have been as bad as Katic was today.

Got himself sent off with a deliberate handball.

Kiernan that was most weeks.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Seeing Gerrards interview here then i’ll be absolutely stunned if Katic is here next season.

That's what I took from it too . 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Load of pish.

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Tbf to Gerrard , looks as if he's recognised this in the interview and needing Helander back . 

Agreed but Helander isn't coming back any time soon.  Edmundson should have been on.

Boyds comments are correct. He is not learning or evolving as a player. Still making the same mistakes diving in for balls he can't win, giving away silly fouls trying to play from the back when he can't pass. No better than any previous centre halfs in fact he reminds me of David Bates when he first broke into the team.  

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Couldn't pass but played a big part in our second goal. 

Katic was dreadful but Senderos and Kiernan have been much worse.

Oh for fuck sake he passed it 5 yards to Kamberi.  We'll just ignore the passing the ball out of play, passing to opposition, attempting to kick the ball and missing, hoofing it up in the air at their first, clearing corner 3 yards to their CF. He struggled to even fucking stand up today. Cost us both goals and the points.

Cant think of one game over 90 mins a defender was so awful for the duration, and so costly twice. I'm sure you'll give suggestions.

I notice that whilst you're defending him here you've not actually critiqued his performance. How was Katic today, score out of 10? 

Canabear likes this

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I notice that whilst you're defending him here you've not actually critiqued his performance. How was Katic today, score out of 10? 

Maybe open your eyes then..

I've repeatedly slated his performance and said it was up there with Kamara in midweek.

TEFTONG likes this

He looks like a player that knows his manager doesn't rate him.  Managers should think very carefully before publicly throwing players under a bus because at some point he's going to have to rely on them.  There are occasions when it's right for the manager to come out and publicly slate his team when they haven't taken on board things he's said but I see Gerrard using that approach too often in post match interviews.

stevemac likes this