Katic

stevemac

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS, he says, she says.

Katic is dug shite. Stevie's go to guy for failure. 

It's all his fault.

Tav, Goldson, Arfield, Ojo, Helander are winners and will take us to the moon and back. 

Stevie is the messiah.

Get rid of Katic. We stop ten ten. Sorted!

:rofl:

Now where's that plan B? Tav, Goldson.....

Fucking lunatic asylum indeed!

19 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Never mind next season what about 2 games this week? Surely Katic can’t play after that? So throwing Edmundson in, 22 year old with less than 10 games under his belt for us into a L32 EL game and a Scottish Cup QF at Tynecastle - that’s tough on the boy. 

I think Katic starts on Wednesday purely for the reason that too big a game to throw Edmundson in.

Though when a manager says he’s not surprised by defence yesterday, Says we are desperate for Helander and also considered subbing Katic yesterday in first half then were is Katic going to be at!

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think Katic starts on Wednesday purely for the reason that too big a game to throw Edmundson in.

Though when a manager says he’s not surprised by defence yesterday, Says we are desperate for Helander and also considered subbing Katic yesterday in first half then were is Katic going to be at!

Kidding myself on that there is any chance of it happening but if it was me I would be thinking about changing to a back three and playing both of them to give Katic that bit more protection and cover because he’s prone to being dragged out of position so much. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He gets dragged out much more when Halliday plays, IMO, we badly need Borna fit for Wednesday. 

Yeah the whole defence looks worse whenever one of the first choice players is out. It was an interesting point that you made about how many points have been dropped when one of them has been missing.

I’d honestly be tempted to play Flanagan on Wednesday too. I’m no fan of him but he’s a better defender than Halliday is and we don’t have to chase the game on Wednesday.

I like the big man. He is committed & keen (overly so on occasions). Is a threat at set pieces and puts his body on the line.

He is however still very young and learning his trade. He seems to be having a bad run of mistakes sadly.

But for his manager and an ex player to throw him under the bus is going to do nothing for his fragile confidence.

He had a centre half partner yesterday who could have helped him more than he did. I would hope he can prove all the doubters and haters wrong but he probably won't get too many more opportunities and be moved on in the summer. 

I will watch to see where he goes and we could all end up wishing we had stuck with him. 

5 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I like the big man. He is committed & keen (overly so on occasions). Is a threat at set pieces and puts his body on the line.

He is however still very young and learning his trade. He seems to be having a bad run of mistakes sadly.

But for his manager and an ex player to throw him under the bus is going to do nothing for his fragile confidence.

He had a centre half partner yesterday who could have helped him more than he did. I would hope he can prove all the doubters and haters wrong but he probably won't get too many more opportunities and be moved on in the summer. 

I will watch to see where he goes and we could all end up wishing we had stuck with him. 

Never a truer word.

Gerrard has treated him like shit. 

I don't want to lose him. The stuff's there. Maybe it will be Gerrard that's going. I'm getting the impression he isn't liking the Glasgow gold fish bowl, as there is no hiding. If you're a cunt, people will call you a cunt to your face. He can't take it.

25 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Kidding myself on that there is any chance of it happening but if it was me I would be thinking about changing to a back three and playing both of them to give Katic that bit more protection and cover because he’s prone to being dragged out of position so much. 

A wider point is our record when one off Tav or Borna doesn’t play is horrific. We’ve only dropped 2 points in 16 league games they’ve both played. Dropped 15 in the games they haven’t. We need something different when one is missing and a back 3 might be just that, particularly if it allows us to get 2 strikers on the park or at least more bodies centrally 

39 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Braga were a physical team and so will Hearts be.

Edmundson And Kamberi  would add physicality on Wednesday and as Eskbank said we could play with 2 up front or more likely one up with one slightly behind

46 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Boyd 100% said he's never seen it with Katic, his words were also there was a small period of 2/3 games when I thought I was wrong, but he continues to make same mistakes over and over. I like Boyd but he was way OTT on Katic, I appreciate he was terrible on Sunday but he played well the other night, some on here act like he's been shit every game recently!

Another thing that I detest is people making up things about players, like Boyd did yesterday when he claimed Katic was terrible against Motherwell earlier in the season. He never played against them at home(Helander did) and he was fine away to them when we won 2-0 with 10 men.

Thought KK was talking about Gerrard having said all that ffs.

25 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

A wider point is our record when one off Tav or Borna doesn’t play is horrific. We’ve only dropped 2 points in 16 league games they’ve both played. Dropped 15 in the games they haven’t. We need something different when one is missing and a back 3 might be just that, particularly if it allows us to get 2 strikers on the park or at least more bodies centrally 

That's a terrifying statistic

45 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Yeah the whole defence looks worse whenever one of the first choice players is out. It was an interesting point that you made about how many points have been dropped when one of them has been missing.

I’d honestly be tempted to play Flanagan on Wednesday too. I’m no fan of him but he’s a better defender than Halliday is and we don’t have to chase the game on Wednesday.

According to this list Flanagan is not in the Euro squad   https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/clubs/50121--Rangers/squad/

Neither is Helander possibly because he was not expected to make it back from Injury in time

Just now, GOAT said:

AYE FUCKING ONE!!  

he made a mistake in one other game a few weeks back and that was it. 

He’s made a few mistakes now.

Was at fault for Kilmarnocks’s winner the other week by going for a ball that if he decides to go for then he had to win and didn’t, was dragged out and all over the place for Braga’s second goal on Thursday and had one of the worst individual performances we have seen in a long time yesterday.

He’s got potential but he isn’t playing well at the moment.

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s made a few mistakes now.

Was at fault for Kilmarnocks’s winner the other week by going for a ball that if he decides to go for then he had to win and didn’t, was dragged out and all over the place for Braga’s second goal on Thursday and had one of the worst individual performances we have seen in a long time yesterday.

He’s got potential but he isn’t playing well at the moment.

There’s a difference between having a bad game and a bad mistake.   More cunts to blame for Braga’s two goals on Thursday than Katic!!

he had a shocking game yesterday, he didn’t have a shocking game against Kilmarnock he made a mistake.  Believe me if it becomes a regular occurrence  I’ll pull him up for it more than anyone, but it’s hardly fucking regular.  Too many panic merchants in our support.  

Just now, BlueMe said:

Katic makes multiple fuck ups in most games tbh, they're just easily forgotten if they don't cost us goals.

I still like Katic, but he's one for the future imo and needs dropped for his own good.

Goldson should be getting dropped long before Katic.  Fuck sake he fell over the ball three times yesterday alone. 😂

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Goldson should be getting dropped long before Katic.  Fuck sake he fell over the ball three times yesterday alone. 😂

Katic fell over his own feet more than that yesterday tbf.

Good enough or not, Goldson and Helander are our first choice pairing imo.

Archived