Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

Do you think we’ll ever concede a goal we’ve no caused ourselves?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Scoring 2 goals from over 20 attempts tells you that conceding cheap goals isn't our problem mate.

Infact I tell you something a Walter Smith team would have won today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could argue with any goal that it could have been prevented. For a goal to be scored there is generally a mistake.

Though I do agree we need to better with the mistakes. We conceded two goals we didnt need to today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since new year in the SPFL

Rangers

10 goals for, 7 against

41 shots on target, 14 against

123 shots on goal, 35 against.

We've scored 1 goal for every 4.1 shots on target and every 12.3 shots

Conceded 1 goal for ever 2 shots on target, and every 5 shots on goal.

 

Celtic

26 goals , 4 against

50 shots on target , 19 against

116 shots on goal, 43 against

They've scored 1 goal for every 1.9 shots on target, and every 4.5 shots on goals.

They've conceded a goal for every 4.8 shots on target, and every 10.8 shots on goal.

 

Celtic are more clinical than us in front of goal, by a margin.

Opposition are more clinical against us, by a margin.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Tarriers are winning game after game, hardly gifting them it.

And we’re losing or dropping cheap points game after game from winning positions btw!

hammer93 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Revolt said:

It was actually a relief to see the 1st goal v Braga because it was just a hold yer hands up "oh well" moment... as opposed to being fucking raging 

Kamara and Arfield should have stopped him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Conceding cheap goals that cost us points clearly tells you otherwise. 

If we could convert more than just 1 in every 10 chances we create then we would have won today.

Aye the defence was shite but poor finishing was to blame for that just as much as bad defending.

delparlane likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Revolt said:

It was actually a relief to see the 1st goal v Braga because it was just a hold yer hands up "oh well" moment... as opposed to being fucking raging 

Their first goal came from kamara trying to pass to a Rangers player and passing it behind him to a braga player instead.  

1690tamRFC likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

Kamara and Arfield should have stopped him.

Kamara shouldn’t be giving the ball away.  Arfield just makes a half arsed attempt to tackle him.  But the blame falls to Kamara for that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If we could convert more than just 1 in every 10 chances we create then we would have won today.

Aye the defence was shite but poor finishing was to blame for that just as much as bad defending.

At the end of the day we scored two goals that should be more than enough to win in Perth. 

hammer93 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GOAT said:

And the throw in came from us trying to pass the ball to another Rangers player but passing it out the park. 😂

It was our thrown in came off Bragga player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Revolt said:

It was actually a relief to see the 1st goal v Braga because it was just a hold yer hands up "oh well" moment... as opposed to being fucking raging 

Except we gave them the fucking ball from a misplaced pass in midfield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Scoring 2 goals from over 20 attempts tells you that conceding cheap goals isn't our problem mate.

We get 3pts for winning 1-0 bud, cut out the basic errors and we win these games.

If teams genuinely rip us apart and score a couple then fair enough you can look at missed chances but we should not be losing 2 goals to a piss poor St Johnstone team

glasgow argyle likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

At the end of the day we scored two goals that should be more than enough to win in Perth. 

This....if someone asked me before a ball was kicked if we scored 2 goals against St Johnstone would we win the game I would say obviously 

GOAT likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Their first goal came from kamara trying to pass to a Rangers player and passing it behind him to a braga player instead.  

We gave them the ball about 3 times before the boy decided to just hit the thing, there 2nd goal they opened us up but it starts from a throw in which we should be more organised from.

Thursday means absolutely fuck all now in all honesty anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

My point exactly to JB in the match day thread, people keep going on about tactics but the reason we drop points is down to individual errors 

I'm going to play devils advocate here

celtic-Goldson error, probably 2pts dropped 

Hearts-Tav error 2pts dropped 

Aberdeen-Helander,Kent &Flanagan all culpable in the 2 goals conceded, 2pts dropped 

Hearts-Kamara error 3pts dropped 

Kilmarnock-Halliday,Katic &Goldson all complicit in the 3 goals conceded 3pts dropped 

St Johnston-Katic errors 2pts dropped 

Aberdeen at home 2pts dropped and a Katic error could easily have been 3pts

All in all we have only failed to score in the league in 2 games, it doesn't take a genius to work out how much better off we would be without individual errors 

Sensible post if the day here 

hammer93 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mcgregor could do a lot better for a lot of our conceded goals this season but he gets free pass after free pass cause of the odd big moment.

But he wouldn't have anywhere near as many to actually save if the mongos in front of him did their job for a change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Mcgregor could do a lot better for a lot of our conceded goals this season but he gets free pass after free pass cause of the odd big moment.

But he wouldn't have anywhere near as many to actually save if the mongos in front of him did their job for a change.

Don’t know how mcgregor can be at fault for goals this season.  Actually saved us at 1-0 today ffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Don’t know how mcgregor can be at fault for goals this season.  Actually saved us at 1-0 today ffs. 

He could've saved plenty of the goals we've conceded this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell you what, until the people who go make the decisions at Rangers actually admit that celtic are a better outfit than us then we’ll never improve.

we need to have Atleast 6 players that would walk into their team- so unless we sign players better than Edouard, McGregor, ajaer,julien,forest,and brown then we’ll always be 2nd best.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

Tell you what, until the people who go make the decisions at Rangers actually admit that celtic are a better outfit than us then we’ll never improve.

we need to have Atleast 6 players that would walk into their team- so unless we sign players better than Edouard, McGregor, ajaer,julien,forest,and brown then we’ll always be 2nd best.

 

We play them 4 teams in the league, it's the other 34 games where we're falling we'll short. 

glasgow argyle likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every game we play just now you just know there’s a mistake coming. At 2-1 up today there was always going to be that panic at some point in the final parts of the game. 
Biggest shock for me was St Johnstone not taking all three points 

delparlane likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We play them 4 teams in the league, it's the other 34 games where we're falling we'll short. 

100% correct,  we have proved that in last 2 old firm games we can match and beat them,  it's the other games we are failing miserably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not only the defence. It seems teams playing against us only need two chances (or McGregor pulls off one of his miracles) for two goals whereas we need about 6 clear cut chances for each goal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...