*****Official Braga v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

People have been saying Gerrard should be more ruthless and drop players who don’t perform and then when he does drop a player who didn’t perform - put in one of the worst individual performances of the season - then they complain about that because it isn’t a player they wanted to see dropped.

He deserved to be dropped for that performance, if Edmundson is a better option than an off form Katic remains to be seen. Big decision to make.

The likes of Kent, Jack, Davis and Morelos are just as badly off form. Aribo must be fizzing right now. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Again, personally speaking I don't have a problem with him being ruthless and dropping players, as long as he doesn't pick and choose which is what he's clearly been doing. 

Reverse the roles on Sunday and there is absolutely no chance Goldson is getting dropped. 

Not sure about that. Katic was Rob Kieran levels of bad at the weekend. Don’t think anyone survives that. 

31 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Not sure about that. Katic was Rob Kieran levels of bad at the weekend. Don’t think anyone survives that. 

Only a few months ago Tavernier was getting slaughtered from all angles and Gerrard publicly backed him and called for everybody to get behind him. 

Katic has made mistakes in games before and the manager publicly berates him and has thrown him to the wolves at times. 

There is a core of players in that squad who can and have cost us points and games before, but will continue to play, whilst others get punished. 

Don't care what anybody says you don't manage a squad of players like that and it's honestly the last thing I expected from somebody like Gerrard. 

Dropping Katic is understandable given his performance but begs the question as to why Kent hasn't been dropped yet. Hes played at the same level as Katic did on Sunday since christmas but gets away with it because hes an attacking player and his mistakes dont lead to goals

As bad as Katic was at the weekend, I think it will prove to be a mistake not playing him against this mob. I think he's at his best when we are constantly under threat / pinned back ; lets be realistic this Braga side are going to be all over us in this match ( I hope I'm wrong ). Plus, they are quite a big side and use that to their advantage at set pieces - Katic is usually good at defending in these situations.  Nothing against Edmundson ; he is more pacy, he is strong, but I don't think he's as passionate as Katic in an intense match and is probably our most inexperienced centre half. 

Strange that Aribo isn't in the starting eleven. Not quite sure what Davis has done to deserve a starting position - his form has been awful since the winter break.

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Players and fans alike are becoming so sensitive. Katic deserved criticism for his performance on Sunday and deserves to be dropped tonight. Buckle down, train harder, play better and you are back in the team. Just ask Borna Barisic.

Nothing sensitive about it, ive long called for players to ve dropped for shite form, but when one centre half can play shite, your right back gets publicly backed by gerrard in a run of awful form, while another two CB's make one mistake and are binned, it is poor form from gerrard

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Only a few months ago Tavernier was getting slaughtered from all angles and Gerrard publicly backed him and called for everybody to get behind him. 

Katic has had make mistakes in games before and the manager publicly berates him and has thrown him to the wolves at times. 

There is a core of players in that squad who can and have cost us points and games before, but will continue to play, whilst others get punished. 

Don't care what anybody says you don't manage a squad of players like that and it's honestly the last thing I expected from somebody like Gerrard. 

When walter was building his squad of winners he never did that, 

Archived