*****Official Braga v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defeat on Wednesday and Saturday  makes his position untenable no matter the financial cost of him n his coaching staff.

Pedro was punted for less.

Last Thursday covered the cracks up when vwe should have been pumped 3 or 4 nil by braga.

This team is crumbling, imo, I think it will be a sticky end and part terms before or June time.

31 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Defeat on Wednesday and Saturday  makes his position untenable no matter the financial cost of him n his coaching staff.

Pedro was punted for less.

Last Thursday covered the cracks up when vwe should have been pumped 3 or 4 nil by braga.

This team is crumbling, imo, I think it will be a sticky end and part terms before or June time.

Was he?

Katic is Gerrard's big question mark for tomorrow imo.

He could have replaced him even 1st half on sunday and wouldn't have been in the wrong, thought about it, and it proved costly he didnt. So given how it ended up with an abysmal performance he deserves dropped but is it too big a gamble throwing in big George? 

He plays Katic and he contributes to us going out then Gerrard to blame. He plays George and the game is too big for him Gerrard to blame. Lose lose.

Maybe whoever plays will excel, its just not got that feel about it currently that itll go that way.

Tough choices with hope more than expectation itll go favourably for us.

With our current defensive form. For me we have to perhaps employ some anti football techniques to get through this. They are a very fluid team who move the ball quickly from defence to attack. At the moment the tie is won and we should set up to counter as they play a very high line. Let's win the ball on our half and play into the channels quickly to use the pace and strength of Kamberi and passing ability of Hagi. 

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He could have replaced him even 1st half on sunday and wouldn't have been in the wrong, thought about it, and it proved costly he didnt. So given how it ended up with an abysmal performance he deserves dropped but is it too big a gamble throwing in big George? 

He plays Katic and he contributes to us going out then Gerrard to blame. He plays George and the game is too big for him Gerrard to blame. Lose lose.

Maybe whoever plays will excel, its just not got that feel about it currently that itll go that way.

I'd start Katic. First signs though of him repeating Sunday's performance, then hook him.

31 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd give Katic as much help as possible. 

I'd play big George in front of the 2 CBs to use his pace and strength to stop them getting at our back 4.

Sounds negative but we need to shut the back door no matter how it looks. 

Braga are too good going forward and sitting in and letting them attack for 90 minutes is a recipe for disaster.

As we did for final 30 minutes at Ibrox we simply have to get at their back 4.  We must score and perhaps more than once to have a chance of going through. I would like to see 4-4-2 but Gerrard will probably not change from 4-3-3. Braga had a right go at us at Ibrox. We must try and have a right go at them over there.

I would definitely start Katic because a player needs some backing after a performance like Sunday. I reckon dropping him will see the end of him at Rangers. 

Also certain players in the squad seem like they will never be dropped no matter what. 

George Edmondson playing as a holding midfielder would allow him to drop into a back 3 when we are being attacked and give protection when our fullbacks are caught upfield when we give the ball away. 

We also need to stop rolling the ball out to Katic and Goldson as their distribution isn’t good enough 👍

32 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Braga are too good going forward and sitting in and letting them attack for 90 minutes is a recipe for disaster.

As we did for final 30 minutes at Ibrox we simply have to get at their back 4.  We must score and perhaps more than once to have a chance of going through. I would like to see 4-4-2 but Gerrard will probably not change from 4-3-3. Braga had a right go at us at Ibrox. We must try and have a right go at them over there.

Who would you have playing with Kamberi upfront?

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I would definitely start Katic because a player needs some backing after a performance like Sunday. I reckon dropping him will see the end of him at Rangers. 

Also certain players in the squad seem like they will never be dropped no matter what. 

George Edmondson playing as a holding midfielder would allow him to drop into a back 3 when we are being attacked and give protection when our fullbacks are caught upfield when we give the ball away. 

We also need to stop rolling the ball out to Katic and Goldson as their distribution isn’t good enough 👍

Katic shouldn't play for us again. Hes not the required level yes hes young but hes not improved at all in a season and a half of football

1 hour ago, Jasper Blues said:

I'd give Katic as much help as possible. 

I'd play big George in front of the 2 CBs to use his pace and strength to stop them getting at our back 4.

Sounds negative but we need to shut the back door no matter how it looks. 

I would play edmundson in a dm role too 

Archived