SG POST MATCH REACTION

qwerty

3 minutes ago, cooper007 said:

True - but today was the best performance since the break. 

I'm sure we would all like to know why our performance has dipped. 

Our best performance since the break, yet for 60mins we were shite, shows how far we have fallen since new year

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Questions should be getting asked of his position. I've been one of his biggest defenders on here. 

But he's now overseen back to back collapses after the new year. 10 points dropped in a matter of weeks,  gift wrapping another title to the taigs. 

As a Rangers manger the league is first and foremost his priority and he's failing. 

We can't keep blindly hoping that he'll magically find the right formula when he stubbornly sticks to a system and personnel that hasn't been working. 

If he finishes double figures behind the taigs and trophyless. The support will turn on him big time. 

They'll turn on Saturday if we dont beat Hearts. 

25 minutes ago, beararse said:

Question is, who does he play then?

I’d have played  Kamberi from the start, and possibly Stewart.

The rest pretty much picks itself.  We have no strength in depth, especially with experienced players out injured.

Yeh that is the problem but why sign Barker/Jones/Edmundson/Polster etc if you have no faith in them.  

He changed it from one up top and it got a lot better. "Caused them endless problems" he says. 

We're then winning with 20 mins left. What does he do? Changes it back to one up top again just 5 minutes after going ahead, then says he's no surprised we've fucked it.

10 points dropped since the turn of the year with 8 of them from a winning position and he has no idea how to stop us from dropping even more. 

38 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

He changed it from one up top and it got a lot better. "Caused them endless problems" he says. 

We're then winning with 20 mins left. What does he do? Changes it back to one up top again just 5 minutes after going ahead, then says he's no surprised we've fucked it.

10 points dropped since the turn of the year with 8 of them from a winning position and he has no idea how to stop us from dropping even more. 

But its not the system apparently

Its not just Gerrard, how many coaches, dieticians, trainers, guys studying this guys studying that, do we have around the place contributing to what looks like a mess to me.

Pretty fair to say we are all fucked off that an average scum team are miles ahead, and wait until they recruit some quality come summer time.

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

£7m on no league assist in a year Kent - I wouldn’t trust him to spend the money!

To be fair to him every member of our support that I know of was waiting for the Kent deal to be announced.  It has been like watching a different player for much of this season.  £7m was always going to be a gamble on any single player for us at this moment in time. 

5 minutes ago, RowX said:

To be fair to him every member of our support that I know of was waiting for the Kent deal to be announced.  It has been like watching a different player for much of this season.  £7m was always going to be a gamble on any single player for us at this moment in time. 

Correct about the gamble.

Couple of good games v them, a punch on Brown & it seemed we had to have him.

Always had a headless look, for me.

And I’m far from happy it’s turning out this way.

Too little too late, fulfilling media obligations with the usual soundbites and telling us things we already know with no intention of changing anything while surrounded by a backroom staff of ex internationals ,scientists and supercoaches absolute pish.

4 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Same sound bites from him for the past 6 weeks. Even Gerrard is starting to sound like he can’t be arsed. Warburton the 2nd...very concerning.

You can't say he's Warburton The Second. If that was the case, he'd never make the right substitutions at the right time, he'd be sticking to 433 no matter what, he'd never have a Plan B.... oh wait a minute 🤔

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Our european opponents play a massively more open game than the league ones do, its up to gerrard to beat that and since winter he hasnt

Hearts played an open game and fucked us. All over us like a rash, so teams sitting in isn't the only problem.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Our european opponents play a massively more open game than the league ones do, its up to gerrard to beat that and since winter he hasnt

Yet the team managed to do it easily before the break.

its all very strange.

19 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Too little too late, fulfilling media obligations with the usual soundbites and telling us things we already know with no intention of changing anything while surrounded by a backroom staff of ex internationals ,scientists and supercoaches absolute pish.

Don’t forget the Director of Football....

Thought SG looked either devoid of ideas or devoid or interest whenever in camera shot - both while in the lead or after we’d got pegged back.

6 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Put in a couple of good crosses but can’t beat a man anymore. 

And actually had a shot which made the keeper make a decent save, but otherwise, I agree - that part of his game seems to have deserted him.

Aribo showed  the way on Thursday, by scoring from exactly the area you might hope RK would be doing the business from.

Archived