Dubai to shite pitches

They Gnu

Short of a fall out, there is no other explanation short of negligence from SG and us being utter shite. 

Said it on another thread but serious questions need to be asked. This collapse could partially be excused before but not twice. 

3 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

We were playing on shite pitches before the break aswell and wernt playing too bad! No point making excuses when the only ones to blame are the players and manager.

It’s not an excuse it’s a possible explanation. They’re highly paid professional athletes who should be able to adapt.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Decent in the first half this season and last, come back after the break and chuck it away, like last season. 

It's too coincidental. 

Players got double sessions in Dubai. Tims got training day then day off. We never. They came back fresh. We came back fucked.

No coincidence for me

There is something not right. You look at the players and they all look a yard slower than they did in December . Some of them , without naming names, just aren't very good but a lot of others who looked the part before Christmas are a shadow of themselves. You would be hard pressed to name a single player who has carried there form pre Dubai into the new year. 

St Johnstone trained on it yesterday in order to cut it up for today. A deliberate ploy. First time this season that they have done this. Pitch wasn't rolled either, after Rangers being told it would be. 

We can't use the pitch as an excuse - but it shows you the hatred for us that they sink to this level. 

They call it the SPFL. There is nothing professional about the football set up in Scotland. 

22 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Players got double sessions in Dubai. Tims got training day then day off. We never. They came back fresh. We came back fucked.

No coincidence for me

Said it before but hearing the phrase ‘mini pre season’ sets alarm bells ringing for me. The players had played over 30 games in half a season the break was supposed to be for rest not to run them into the ground. I’d be very interested to see how the European teams that have winter breaks do it because I’d bet the majority don’t do intensive training as we apparently do.

Its the exact same mistake as last season and for that serious questions must be asked of the management team.

1 hour ago, kanjo said:

Short of a fall out, there is no other explanation short of negligence from SG and us being utter shite. 

Said it on another thread but serious questions need to be asked. This collapse could partially be excused before but not twice. 

A rumour I heard an hour ago was that there was some sort of fallout from Dubai, apparently whatever they did the previous year in Spain got changed because of the collapse after the winter break....anyway apparently the Dubai week was treated as a pre season and the players got hammered, this led to the more senior players having a go at Gerrard apparently.....it could be utter bollocks but it certainly would fit the theory that some posters had a couple of weeks ago

4 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

Said it before but hearing the phrase ‘mini pre season’ sets alarm bells ringing for me. The players had played over 30 games in half a season the break was supposed to be for rest not to run them into the ground. I’d be very interested to see how the European teams that have winter breaks do it because I’d bet the majority don’t do intensive training as we apparently do.

Its the exact same mistake as last season and for that serious questions must be asked of the management team.

They attempt to pass it off that it will serve them well towards the end of the season, the thing they don't seem to grasp is the fact it means absolutely fuck all what you do in April/May if your already out the title race before March has arrived.

1 minute ago, Bristol loyal said:

You could have nailed it here, there is no doubt a lot of them look physically fucked. This "the players are just shite" cant explain how they could look so good before new year and plumb the depths they are now. It doesn't add up. There is no doubt a few who are a bit mentally weak but for the whole groups performance to go to shit so dramatically needs some explaining.

8 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

So who’s pushing them Gerrard or Beale? 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

A rumour I heard an hour ago was that there was some sort of fallout from Dubai, apparently whatever they did the previous year in Spain got changed because of the collapse after the winter break....anyway apparently the Dubai week was treated as a pre season and the players got hammered, this led to the more senior players having a go at Gerrard apparently.....it could be utter bollocks but it certainly would fit the theory that some posters had a couple of weeks ago

It is utter bollocks. 

1. Look at the training photos and videos. Plenty smiles and laughs. And players saying good workout in interviews. Players like Defoe are not going to bullshit. 

2. I attended the fans  function in Dubai and spoke to several players. All seemed in good spirits and said it had been a great week. And I also spent some time with some after the Tashkent game where there was plenty of happy faces. 

Can we please drop this "issues in Dubai" bullshit. 

Just now, Bad Robot said:

So who’s pushing them Gerrard or Beale? 

The sad bit about that statement is there shouldn’t be a question here. Gerrard should be in supreme control and if he isn’t making ALL the decisions we have a problem imo.

Archived