Dubai to shite pitches

They Gnu

3 minutes ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

It is utter bollocks. 

1. Look at the training photos and videos. Plenty smiles and laughs. And players saying good workout in interviews. Players like Defoe are not going to bullshit. 

2. I attended the fans  function in Dubai and spoke to several players. All seemed in good spirits and said it had been a great week. And I also spent some time with some after the Tashkent game where there was plenty of happy faces. 

Can we please drop this "issues in Dubai" bullshit. 

Do you honestly think the players are going to tell you it’s been really tough training and we are all fucked?

😂😂

I don’t think there was a bust up at all,  I just think they were worked too hard with very little rest time

6 minutes ago, eosmhdo said:

Do you honestly think the players are going to tell you it’s been really tough training and we are all fucked?

😂😂

I don’t think there was a bust up at all,  I just think they were worked too hard with very little rest time

You can tell if things are not right mate. You can pick up a vibe. The only vibe I witnessed over two days being up close and personal with some of the players was one of contentment. Defoe was bang on it with positivity, for example. That's good enough for me. 

And there was plenty of energy during the Tashkent game at the end of the week. 

Just now, MoodyBlue1872 said:

You can tell if things are not right mate. You can pick up a vibe. The only vibe I witnessed over two days being up close and personal with some of the players was one of contentment. Defoe was bang on it with positivity, for example. That's good enough for me. 

Fair enough I respect your assessment, but until the real reason for the decline comes out I’m sticking with my overworked in training theory.

Don't think the location for a winter break should make any difference to form. We simply don't have the players yet who are capable of maintaining a title challenge over 38 games. If you look at the staring 11 for most games it's more or less the same 11 as last season with the exception of Hagi. All this summer's signings are bit part players or can't even get in a match day squad, only Aribo is showing glimpses of quality. Spent 7 million on Kent who less than two seasons ago was an U23 for Liverpool looking to get a loan deal somewhere anywhere. Comes up here plays half decent suddenly Liverpool want 7 million and we pay it, ok if you have the money but we don't. We have an aging midfield but allow Greg Doherty to go away on loan again without giving him any game time to see if maybe he can do a job. Yet he takes half a season to work out that Ojo just might not be good enough up here.  And Jordan Jones what happened to him.  

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Decent in the first half this season and last, come back after the break and chuck it away, like last season. 

It's too coincidental. 

League wise, we have a squad that can compete for say 4 or 5 months but no more.

We have a squad that, in a one off game, can produce some great results.

Thursday Night / Today is the best example of this that I can produce.

1 hour ago, steven33jackie said:

Don't think the location for a winter break should make any difference to form. We simply don't have the players yet who are capable of maintaining a title challenge over 38 games. If you look at the staring 11 for most games it's more or less the same 11 as last season with the exception of Hagi. All this summer's signings are bit part players or can't even get in a match day squad, only Aribo is showing glimpses of quality. Spent 7 million on Kent who less than two seasons ago was an U23 for Liverpool looking to get a loan deal somewhere anywhere. Comes up here plays half decent suddenly Liverpool want 7 million and we pay it, ok if you have the money but we don't. We have an aging midfield but allow Greg Doherty to go away on loan again without giving him any game time to see if maybe he can do a job. Yet he takes half a season to work out that Ojo just might not be good enough up here.  And Jordan Jones what happened to him.  

I'm quite disappointed that Docherty and McCrorie havnt been given a real chance.

Especially with the mince that have got into the team before them.

2 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

Spot on...Baffling we let Docherty go, without at least giving him a decent run. Even letting go of Murphy is looking a bad move, esp when we've got mince like Ojo and Barker on the bench who shouldn't be anywhere near our squad. 

17 hours ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

St Johnstone trained on it yesterday in order to cut it up for today. A deliberate ploy. First time this season that they have done this. Pitch wasn't rolled either, after Rangers being told it would be. 

We can't use the pitch as an excuse - but it shows you the hatred for us that they sink to this level. 

They call it the SPFL. There is nothing professional about the football set up in Scotland. 

Didn't know that.....and our fans get the 'pleasure' of nearly filling their 3 stands,b'tards 😞

Archived