The remainder of the season

Malkytfp1

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If Gerrard is going to be here next year, i'd like to see him use the remainder of games we have this season to try out different tactics and formations in preperation for next season. Would also like to see us play some of the youngsters when the opportunity comes up.

We need to face facts that this season is over so there is not much to lose.

bears are paying good money to travel to the remainder of the games for them to be experiments , what youngsters ? The games I’ve watched at that level mcpake stuck out a mile and Dundee hunted him 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cedrick said:

bears are paying good money to travel to the remainder of the games for them to be experiments , what youngsters ? The games I’ve watched at that level mcpake stuck out a mile and Dundee hunted him 

By experiments i don't mean anything too drastic. I mean trying new tactics/formations. Even as simple as 2 up top. 

You must see that the plan A doesnt work now that teams have caught onto it.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

By experiments i don't mean anything too drastic. I mean trying new tactics/formations. Even as simple as 2 up top. 

You must see that the plan A doesnt work now that teams have caught onto it.

Players are just not playing worth a fuck mate , if they were flying like before the shut down the system would still work 

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

No. However i am not talking about playing Morelos between the sticks ffs. I'm talking ablut maybe playing with 2 up top, or trying 3 at the back or something different.

Or we can do what you want and keep doing the same shite with the same shite results for the rest of the season.

Excellent.

Never thought our players playing shite would become brilliant by changing a formation.

That would have definitely stopped Katic costing us 2 goals, Alfie missing chances, the majority of players being 5/10 of less.  Genius.

We’ll win nothing with the pansies we have in our squad.   The totally pathetic attempts of our midfield to actually tackle and win the ball is utterly embarrassing and only emphasises the lack of will to win in our squad.

How many times I’ve noticed any opposition player get through 2-3 Rangers midfielders just by sheer determination is an insult.  I’ve had it with this team,  they’re not worth getting all frustrated over- watching the Gers lose ground on the scum ruins my weekend or midweek evening and I’m sick to the back teeth of trying to give this squad of arseholes the benefit of doubt.   How on earth a team can win vs Braga then totally bottle putting the tims under a little pressure by winning a few hours before them is beyond me.

Just now, Cedrick said:

Players are just not playing worth a fuck mate , if they were flying like before the shut down the system would still work 

Maybe, but whats the answer to that? Gerrard seems to think 'just stick with it and it will work'. Its now too late for that. He needs to be pro-active instead of reactive and change.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Excellent.

Never thought our players playing shite would become brilliant by changing a formation.

That would have definitely stopped Katic costing us 2 goals, Alfie missing chances, the majority of players being 5/10 of less.  Genius.

Did it work today when we switched to 2 up top?

Just now, Cedrick said:

It's that simple tbh.

The players are hugely under performing and until they improve formations dont really matter a fuck.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Maybe, but whats the answer to that? Gerrard seems to think 'just stick with it and it will work'. Its now too late for that. He needs to be pro-active instead of reactive and change.

Ryan Kent will always be a purple patch player and when he’s playing that bad then he’ll be bad no matter where he is on the pitch.

morelos will still be missing sitters unless the striking partner is actually controlling his shots, our defence will always have 2-3 scares every game no matter if we have 2-3 or 4 defenders.

the be all and end all is that this team has run its race and doesn’t have the quality to match the scum over 38 games.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Did it work today when we switched to 2 up top?

It worked when Kamberi came on, pretty much regardless of Morelos for both goals. Yes or no?

Morelos coming off had no effect on us losing the goal that Katic cost us. Yes of no?

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Needs to find a way to get them going again ,  the system played in 2 back to back dominating performances against celtic ain’t going to fail at hearts Killie St J if the players are  playing at at the same level , It’s baffling , did something happen in Dubai? We’ll never know 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It's that simple tbh.

The players are hugely under performing and until they improve formations dont really matter a fuck.

100% mate , the dip in every single player and even effort levels is baffling , only the 2 new lads kamberi especially look as though they give a fuck 

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

A win on Wednesday at Braga, and Scottish Cup next week has to be a catalyst now - get through the rounds and get some wins before the international break. March 15th has to mean something.

Bragging rights mate, that's what we are all about now

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

A win on Wednesday at Braga, and Scottish Cup next week has to be a catalyst now - get through the rounds and get some wins before the international break. March 15th has to mean something.

It doesn't though, we are to far back. Incredible situation.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It worked when Kamberi came on, pretty much regardless of Morelos for both goals. Yes or no?

No. Morelos being there drags a centre half out the way. Morelos best chance also comes from a Kamberi flick on.

Morelos coming off had no effect on us losing the goal that Katic cost us. Yes of no?

No, you're right. Could have had 4 up top and Katic would have still fucked up and cost us that goal. However, he reverted back to a less attacking formation after the positice change which meant when we then had to chase the game we were going back to the old tried and tested 1 up top. Is tgis the same mistake he made before trying to defend a lead?

His tactics/formation has been failing for months yes or no?

12 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Come up with some more plans, some new ideas, test them out to prepare for next season 

Give some of the youth a chance with a view to introducing some of them into next seasons squad 

Dundee got rid of our best youth player 

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Utter bollocks.

1. Kamberi scored the 1st off his own back, the 2nd never went near Morelos.

2. So we lost due to a fuck up by  Katic but we should blame Gerrard for the players we had on the park to recover from that with 10 minutes left. Blame Gerrard not Katic. Genius.

Archived