graeme_4

Gerrard out?  

895 members have voted

1. 1. Time to get rid?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the remit was to win a trophy,

its very worrying that in one week we could be out of two competitions, one being our last chance of winning silverware realistically.

The frustrating thing is that there has been improvement, mainly in Europe though which should definitely not be the priority.

Start of the season imo he needed a trophy and a strong league run over the full course. 

We have collapsed again in the league at the same time as last year and realistically the Scottish cup is our best chance of silverware.  The same as last season. 

If we finish trophyless and double figures behind the taigs. We need to be asking if a new manager can get better out of this side. 

Voted no but on shaky ground, I really want him to succeed but if he doesn’t start learning and changing things then for the sheer arrogance and stubbornness is the reason I’d want him replaced.

You have to be smart enough to know when you have to change things up.

if he doesn’t start with Morelos and Kamberi up top together against hearts and he plays Kent on the left Hagi on the right then unless by some miracle that the players buck their ideas up and start playing again he will go down in my estimate. It was clear it was working against st Johnstone, keep the 4-3-3 for games where we counter attack as we are the weaker side i.e. Europe.

I think the fuck up in the league in January/February two seasons running means he really needs to win the Scottish cup to redeem himself.

Voted no because although he has done poorly in the league and with transfers getting us to the Europa League has massively helped finances.

With the idiots in the boardroom this has been needed as without that finance we would be in a bad state.

I don't think he can win it next year but he's probably the best bet of helping the club through Europe of being able to get the finances to topple them.

If we had got McInnes we would probably have invested less, not made the group stages and have capitulated in the majority of Old firm games whilst finishing a distance second.

He is the only option at the moment as we do not have the money to start again. He has to win the Scottish Cup to get the fans back on his side, as realistically the league is beyond our reach now although not impossible. Unfortunately the unwashed are going to throw everything at next season for 10 in a row and there is no way we could match them in terms of money/transfers. Our only crumb of comfort will be stopping the quadruple treble. It has to be us as no other team in this country has a hope in hell of beating them as can be seen over the last eight years. Hopefully this year as it may be our best chance if we can get the finger out and start  performing again like before the winter shutdown.

So it's a no but on a shoogly peg for me. 

One of the biggest mistakes he made was to force out Dan who was put in a position to prove to Gerrard that if he didn’t want him someone else would. Dan had a good pre-season and there was no reason to leave him out of theEuropa squad for the likes of Ojo and Jones. The bigger picture is that Tav is not half the player without the energy and link up play from Dan. Another factor is that Dan was a good friend  for Alfie and maybe could have been helpful to Alfie in the situation we have now.  Alfie is our biggest asset and his friendship with Dan should have been considered. Dan also set up a lot of Alfie goals with his diagonal balls(I know he didn’t beat his man and hit the corner flag but this is modern football not the1950s).

Keep Gerrard as the constant changing no good and recent substitutions are getting better and he seems to be learning.

Archived