Gerrard out - RM poll?

graeme_4

Gerrard out?  

895 members have voted

1. 1. Time to get rid?

I expected him to make mistakes.

Unfortunately I also expected him to learn from his mistakes.

I'd keep him, as I think the disruption of him leaving and onboarding a new manager is too risky for the 10IAR season
But he NEEDS to learn/accept that his current approach is not working consistently in the league.

We need to seriously toughen up and need to sign players in that ilk in the summer.  

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any great confidence that a Gerrard team will stop 10 because looking at the table we are as far behind the soap dodgers now as we were when he arrived despite spending a shed load of money. European football is certainly better but there again you are probably going to get that if you fill the team with continentals because obviously the football suits them and they know their next move after Rangers will be back across the channel so it's a shop window for them.

What about Gerrard's back room team I assume they will all have signed new deals the same time as him? 

2 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Definite no.

Could have done things differently though. Martin o'neil took over the paedos in 2000 he signed big players to knock the fuck out of everyone else.

We've signed players that everyone else knocks the fuck out of. 

We have a player who knocks fuck out of everyone, he just gets suspended every few weeks because he is not allowed to get away with what all our opposition do.

As disappointing as we have been since the winter break it's still a no from me. I still have confidence that we and SG will come good. Imo we are a couple players away from having a cracking team. We were never going to turn things around in 2 seasons if you are being realistic. I hate they manky bastards but they have a settled team used to winning and it wont be easy to knock them off their perch. 

Has to be shaky peg. The players rightly come in for some critisim, but they also out played THEM twice although the result in the cup final went against us.

They players have also done well in Europe not least the last 20 minutes on Thursday.

This tells me they have a performance in them and it's the managers job to get that performance consistently. If he can't then we have to look elswhere.

There's also a question mark over his signings. I'm not sure how much he has spent, but they two players that have the greatest expectation from the fans are a couple of loan signings.

Europe and up to the old firm victory is the big plus for this season. Fact that our points tally after the break compared to last season is actually 3 points worse is a major disappointment as you would of hoped lessons would of been learned.  We now  only have the Scottish cup as a viable trophy option.

If the form and lack of any real change of personnel and formations stay on the same trajectory with another trophy less season. I honestly think he will be gone. 

26 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We have a player who knocks fuck out of everyone, he just gets suspended every few weeks because he is not allowed to get away with what all our opposition do.

Morelos is not a hard man. But 90% of his troubles is from his petulance. 

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

Morelos is not a hard man, good player, but a petulant wee boy. 

He is a physical player. His nickname is the buffalo ffs!

The people you are referring to who O'Neil brought in are Sutton and Hartson, who im pretty sure appear in the dictionary next to the definition of petulant.

2 hours ago, The Blues said:

One of the biggest mistakes he made was to force out Dan who was put in a position to prove to Gerrard that if he didn’t want him someone else would. Dan had a good pre-season and there was no reason to leave him out of theEuropa squad for the likes of Ojo and Jones. The bigger picture is that Tav is not half the player without the energy and link up play from Dan. Another factor is that Dan was a good friend  for Alfie and maybe could have been helpful to Alfie in the situation we have now.  Alfie is our biggest asset and his friendship with Dan should have been considered. Dan also set up a lot of Alfie goals with his diagonal balls(I know he didn’t beat his man and hit the corner flag but this is modern football not the1950s).

Keep Gerrard as the constant changing no good and recent substitutions are getting better and he seems to be learning.

:lol: 

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He is a physical player. His nickname is the buffalo ffs!

The people you are referring to who O'Neil brought in are Sutton and Hartson, who im pretty sure appear in the dictionary next to the definition of petulant.

Thompson and balde come to mind. 

Again, very rarely has Morelos been sent off for being dirty or being a hard man. He's been sent off for being an angry wee man. And btw; doesn't matter what he's called. 

2 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Thompson and balde come to mind. 

Again, very rarely has Morelos been sent off for being dirty or being a hard man. He's been sent off for being an angry wee man. And btw; doesn't matter what he's called. 

Morelos gets booked constantly for being physical. He also gets booked for 'petulance' which others always get away with.

Gerard also brought in Katic who is probably the most physically dominant player in the league, but was at fault for our dropped points at the weekend.

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

I voted an emphatic NO.

Gerrard inherited a shambles 18 months ago and nobody can deny the improvement. This is not the time for a change.

Gerrard has also had a small fortune to spend as well remember.   He is not looking around the same bargain bins as let  say Warburton was. 

He has spent £8.5m on 3 centre halfs alone then the £7m for Kent, that's over £15m already, when we keep dropping points to the lesser teams in the division then the are problems as we have found out once  again to our cost. 

Archived