graeme_4

Gerrard out?  

895 members have voted

1. 1. Time to get rid?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

People keep saying this. It's simply not a reason to keep someone.

We are a massive club and can attract a decent manager. 

I’m asking the question. I’m in no way implying it’s a reason to keep anyone, but I’d like to hear some realistic options.

Dont know about anyone else, but McInnes knocking us back again round about the end of March/start of April would be a cherry on the cake of this shambles of a season for me. I feel it would round of the humiliation for this year quite nicely. 

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I worry that would be another risk mate. I like him but i would rather someone more experienced.

I do agree mate we need experienced head if a new maanger becomes required. 

Gio isn't inexperienced. He was at feyenoord for 4 years.  The key for me with Gio is he has won trophies. He led feyenoord to their first Dutch title in 18 years. Going against an ajax side that had bossed the league. 

That kind of experience getting a side over a league finish line isn't easy to come by. I think he would be a good option if drawing up a shortlist. 

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I do agree mate we need experienced head if a new maanger becomes required. 

Gio isn't inexperienced. He was at feyenoord for 4 years.  The key for me with Gio is he has won trophies. He led feyenoord to their first Dutch title in 18 years. Going against an ajax side that had bossed the league. 

That kind of experience getting a side over a league finish line isn't easy to come by. I think he would be a good option if drawing up a shortlist. 

He is in China on God knows how many millions per year

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mate yoube been kissing his arse everywhere. 

If its a stupid argument tell menwhat merits henhas for the job?

What did Souness have? 

We're never going to be in a position to attract one of the best managers in the world to the club now.

It's either someone considered 'good' at a domestic level like McInnes, or someone who's had a middling career in England like Pearson or Pardew, or someone foreign who wants an eventual route into English football like Caixinha, or someone with potential starting out who we aren't going to be able to get if they go on to be a success somewhere else like Gerrard.

It looks like he's going to me, but I hope to fuck he stays and turns this around. 

I'm done now for tonight though, have been posting the same shit for ages.

A good manager will learn fast if he is inexperienced.

A manager who 2 years down the line has learned nothing about adapting to the domestic league he is in will struggle.

In his time at Rangers he drops something in 4 out of every 10 games.

That is never going to win anything.

His record against Aberdeen,Kilmarnock and this season against Hearts is abysmal

Limited teams with limited players and managers have him figured and he doesn’t/can’t change to combat that.

Its not going to change anytime soon in my opinion. .

Vote cast. The cunt needs sacked. The longer we prolong it the more we suffer. Had enough of his pish and enough of his wee starstruck fanboys who keep making excuses for him.

Get him to fuck.

5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

No he didn’t 

You're right of course, that'll teach me to post first thing.

League flag in his first season, 3 trophies in his first 2.

My point is he earned credibility.

Constantly changing the manager isn't a good idea. It just doesn't work. 

Those who say he doesn't have experience are right. But this was known all along. Would hope that fans would want to get behind the man as he can be a great figurehead for the club. But he will need to find ways to improve and get the players to meet the targets he is setting. 

It's a bit embarrassing how quickly some fans want to throw him under the bus. He has improved the squad and the way the team plays. 

12 minutes ago, dan_ger said:

Constantly changing the manager isn't a good idea. It just doesn't work. 

Those who say he doesn't have experience are right. But this was known all along. Would hope that fans would want to get behind the man as he can be a great figurehead for the club. But he will need to find ways to improve and get the players to meet the targets he is setting. 

It's a bit embarrassing how quickly some fans want to throw him under the bus. He has improved the squad and the way the team plays. 

Far too sensible mate. 

30 minutes ago, AlanSm said:

You're right of course, that'll teach me to post first thing.

League flag in his first season, 3 trophies in his first 2.

My point is he earned credibility.

And you’re not wrong there👍

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

A good manager will learn fast if he is inexperienced.

A manager who 2 years down the line has learned nothing about adapting to the domestic league he is in will struggle.

In his time at Rangers he drops something in 4 out of every 10 games.

That is never going to win anything.

His record against Aberdeen,Kilmarnock and this season against Hearts is abysmal

Limited teams with limited players and managers have him figured and he doesn’t/can’t change to combat that.

Its not going to change anytime soon in my opinion. .

SG does not have the managerial experience to turn it around.  Unfortunately, he has no wriggle room in the Premiership as we must be the complete package to compete with the Fenian billionaires.   I thought before going into the league game against Hearts that we could achieve it but what Europe has shown is that the squad does not have legs for 2 games in a week.  Cannot rely on a petulant child and a 37 year old for goals.

I am still in favour of Gerrard staying.

The job of the manager is to produce a team which a) win trophies and b) generates revenues for the club.

Unless celtic collapse like we did, there will be no trophies after two seasons in the job.

In the second point, he has succeeded in generating millions in revenues from his great runs in the Europa League.

But managers need to show their skill not only in the good times but in the bad times as well. 

It is no coincidence that the dip in domestic form coincides with Morelos' lack of goals. It seems part of that dip is due to family issues. Gerrard needs to learn to manage this one carefully. Losing Defoe has not helped either.

I would have suggested the Morelos situation may have a knock on effect on other players but this was clearly not the case with the Braga ties. It is as if the players can only think of the next Europa League tie. Gerrard needs the skills to motivate them for the ordinary bread and butter games.

Since the winter break, excluding the Europa cup the team have been woeful and this disastrous spell has blew our chances of domestic success but I still believe Gerrard will get it right given time.

Before the new year no one would have said we’ve not progressed under SG’s guidance.

For me it would be madness to sack him right now. Unless we continue on this downward spiral, from what I’ve seen overall I would give him another season.

Archived