Gerrard out - RM poll?

graeme_4

Gerrard out?  

895 members have voted

1. 1. Time to get rid?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the emotions die down and try to look at things more constructively in retrospect after all the disappointment, and take things both on and off the park into consideration, we actually do need Gerrard to stay and turn this around with our full support. 

Since the restart we've been on a roller coaster steeper than the Pepsi Max at Blackpool. Fucking nerves are shredded.

We can only hope Gerrard sees the issues on reflection and goes about putting them right ASAP, but not through more talking, but with action.

I get the impression he addresses matters as Gerrard the captain and not as a manager. He needs to get ruthless and be the manager he has the potential to be.  There needs to be consequences for repeated poor performance by players and there needs to be opportunities for those on the periphery and have real competition for places. That alone can change the dynamic.

If he stays, then we will get some insight to his reflections on Wednesday, even just by the starting line up. 

I just hope to fuck he's got it and there is real change.

20 hours ago, Blue Dutch 1690 said:

what Europe has shown is that the squad does not have legs for 2 games in a week.

I don’t think it has shown that at all. The points dropped are nothing to do with being tired. We seem to do worse when we’ve had a break. The team needs games to stay sharp so I think it’s more of a mentality issue. 

Archived