Gerrard out - RM poll?

graeme_4

Gerrard out?  

895 members have voted

1. 1. Time to get rid?

3 hours ago, The Blues said:

One of the biggest mistakes he made was to force out Dan who was put in a position to prove to Gerrard that if he didn’t want him someone else would. Dan had a good pre-season and there was no reason to leave him out of theEuropa squad for the likes of Ojo and Jones. The bigger picture is that Tav is not half the player without the energy and link up play from Dan. Another factor is that Dan was a good friend  for Alfie and maybe could have been helpful to Alfie in the situation we have now.  Alfie is our biggest asset and his friendship with Dan should have been considered. Dan also set up a lot of Alfie goals with his diagonal balls(I know he didn’t beat his man and hit the corner flag but this is modern football not the1950s).

Keep Gerrard as the constant changing no good and recent substitutions are getting better and he seems to be learning.

Congratulations mate world record number of times the word Dan has been used in a single post 👏 

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dread said:

No from me. But I think we have failed to support him properly. Not in the sense of money spent, which has been plentiful, but with reference to his development as a manager.

When Gerrard arrived we knew that as a rookie he'd have gaps in his skill set, and we also know that Rangers is a huge stage on which to undertake your first managerial gig. While it's clear to me that he really does have a lot going for himself (I love how he sets us up against strong opposition, for instance), there are equally obvious areas where his lack of experience is costing us points.

I don't think it would be hard to find someone with the right credentials to, if not mentor Gerrard, then at least be on hand to impart the wisdom/insights that managers normally accrue through seasons of graft in the lower leagues where, with all due respect, losing doesn't matter as much. The alternative is that we continue allowing him to gain that experience at our expense.

Was reading well up till the last few words of your last paragraph (still worth a 👍 though). 

We've been at the bottom of the hill for 8 years now. Watching many managers, as soon as the fans turn then the dressing room turns.

1. There's no steel in our team.

2. Gerrard is an absolute rookie as manger.

Back him to the hilt. Better keeping him than many of the cowards we have. They'll be gone in June. 

1 minute ago, loyalfollower said:

Unfortunately sacking him doesn’t guarantee league success, Neither does keeping him but building a winning team takes time and although we’ve been rotten since January we have overall improved. But the downside is that celtic are better than last season 

No it doesn't, but in business, there is a time to cut your losses. His failings are obvious and he's not for changing.

LBH, not him nor anyone new is going to overhaul the scum in their ten in a row season as we simply don't have the money  to buy the quality to catch up, so is it start afresh, or just lower the expectation for next season, because we simply are not winning and is he prepared to stay to take the grief.

This summer will be cause for reflection for both the board and Gerrard and it will be stick or twist time on each side.

Not for me. Two bad results in the next two games however will heap the pressure on him and the players though.

Ultimately we're in a results business. Bad results and performances can't continue forever.

Yesterday was a sickener but I'm quietly confident about Wednesday. Really tough ask though. Losing to Hearts IMO is not an option.

20 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No it doesn't, but in business, there is a time to cut your losses. His failings are obvious and he's not for changing.

LBH, not him nor anyone new is going to overhaul the scum in their ten in a row season as we simply don't have the money  to buy the quality to catch up, so is it start afresh, or just lower the expectation for next season, because we simply are not winning and is he prepared to stay to take the grief.

This summer will be cause for reflection for both the board and Gerrard and it will be stick or twist time on each side.

I think the board will look at the points totals over both seasons aswell as what rounds we get to in the cups with Europe giving him abit of grace.

i think and I still could be way out but 25 million pound or there abouts needs investing and that’s just to catch up with the scum.  

41 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They will be favorites for the league again next season. Lets just get that established first.

Do I think Gerard will win the league next season? Odds are against it. Can i think of anyone else who we could bring in who would put us odds on to win it? No I cant. I think there is a chance he could as the team have improved under his reign, just been howling the last couple of months.

If we bring someone else in, i think the odds are it will take a year for them to settle in, just to get to the point we are now at with Gerard, with the likelyhood we will be in a worse position than we are now.

We just have to accept they for the moment have more money and a better chance of winning. As long as we are gradually improving, which I believe we are, then we stick with it until they fuck up and we take our chance.

If things do not improve before the end of the season, then yes, we review the situation. If this is just a bad patch though, we fight through it and continue the mission next year.

celtic fc would want Gerrard sacked.

The very same way Boris Johnson would want Jeremy corbyn replaced. 

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

I think the remit was to win a trophy,

its very worrying that in one week we could be out of two competitions, one being our last chance of winning silverware realistically.

The frustrating thing is that there has been improvement, mainly in Europe though which should definitely not be the priority.

I’m willing to bet it’s the biggest priority for SG and our club ,without admitting   it 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s been a poll for this shite every year on RM since 2011. 

9 polls 

I usually start them, Gerrard ones have always been quite good in terms of him getting good backing I can see that could change over the next few games depending on results.

10 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Like Caixhina or McInnes? 

Or Ally, or McCall, or Warburton - it's a huge hit or miss. 

There's one thing - Gerrard is a winning personality, as much as Souness or Walter Smith. Based on that alone he needs another season.

My personal opinion is that he backed the squad we had in January. We had to sign Kamberi or another to replace Defoe and if we hadn’t ballsed up at hearts and home to Aberdeen we wouldn’t of signed hagi.

weve seen how good the squad can play and we’ve seen the worst we can play- sometimes in the same 90 mins and that’s what you get with the types of player we’ve signed regardless of what they cost. Add in to the fact the only real winner in the squad is the goalie then it’s abit hard to run that through the team.  We can’t go with potential in the next window, we need a solid midfielder that can take the ball from the centre backs and dictate the pace of the game aswell as 2 strikers that are different from each other, and 2 centre backs unless we get someone like weir and they can Marshall the rest.

A no for me. He will be under huge pressure to leave if we lose the next two games though.

I think we will get a result on Wednesday then fuck up on Saturday which holds them another treble. I think he will lose the backing of a lot of our support if that happens.

I think he could have done with a more experienced assistant. I've nothing against McAllister but he doesn't bring any real management experience other than a couple of unremarkable and brief episodes at Leeds and Coventry.

Archived