When it's easier to win than to lose

Thermopylae

Just wondering if any club has ever won more consecutive trophies than the soap dodgers have in the last few years? I suspect there probably isn't in any of the decent leagues and one thing is for sure it leads to an unbelievable confidence in domestic football because in their minds they've seen it all before and can deal with it.  Look at the last 2 years winters breaks for example both started with our victories  over them and yet when they come back they haven't even missed a step and that if nothing else is confidence.

It does have to be said that hmrc begun this ball rolling indeed it almost certainly couldn't have been started in a purely football way ... and it also has to be said that every time timothy looks like they are going to slip up the officials always manage to give them a gentle nudge back on course 

I don't think the way that our form has fallen apart mid season is in any way defensible but it is hard to stop the sort of entrenched success that the soap dodgers have built up

I'm sure we had a fantastic record of consecutive trophy wins during the Second World War, but we gave up the claim to these as a respect to the unique circumstances of the war years, and also because other teams playing were potentially under strength or over strength with borrowed players . Was very sportsmanlike and typical of our strong ethics as a club, that we decided drop the achievements in our official records, especially the  potentially tainted titles. 

Cellic, on the other hand, hardly got any, but still include their record in the war as official, which gave them an unfair advantage statistically even back then.

No surprises at that, is there ?

19 hours ago, tannerall said:

I'm sure we had a fantastic record of consecutive trophy wins during the Second World War, but we gave up the claim to these as a respect to the unique circumstances of the war years, and also because other teams playing were potentially under strength or over strength with borrowed players . Was very sportsmanlike and typical of our strong ethics as a club, that we decided drop the achievements in our official records, especially the  potentially tainted titles. 

Cellic, on the other hand, hardly got any, but still include their record in the war as official, which gave them an unfair advantage statistically even back then.

No surprises at that, is there ?

Fair point but they kept their WW1 titles didn't they 

Archived