We are a European Team

Brian Fantana

It’s that simple. Put us up against quality teams who play open, passing football (the way it should be played) and we can beat most on our day. 

put us up against the amateurs in the SPL and their anti-football and we can’t seem to always adjust to the shite tactics they put up against us. 

it’s no excuse for our results after Xmas but i can see the problems we face trying to break down 11 men behind a ball playing for a draw or lucky goal. Home games should always be 2 up top going forward imo. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It’s that simple. Put us up against quality teams who play open, passing football (the way it should be played) and we can beat most on our day. 

put us up against the amateurs in the SPL and their anti-football and we can’t seem to always adjust to the shite tactics the are put up against us. 

it’s no excuse for our results after Xmas but i can see the problems we face trying to break down 11 men behind a ball playing for a draw or lucky goal. Home games should always be 2 up top going forward imo. 

We were still pumping the amateurs before Xmas though 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

We were still pumping the amateurs before Xmas though 

Agreed, as I say, no excuse but I’d be pressuring them going forward with all out attack. 

were we concentrating on European tactics in Dubai and lost sight of what it takes against the hammer throwers?

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Agreed, as I say, no excuse but I’d be pressuring them going forward with all out attack. 

were we concentrating on European tactics in Dubai and lost sight of what it takes against the hammer throwers?

Fuck knows what it is ,just a lack ov urgency  domestically since Xmas ,

Start of season was slow too until Barasic scores that free kick 

We can steamroller the cloggers but need to be quicker at switching play and better movement 

Just now, simplythebest said:

A European run is great but it’s an extremely unlikely route to a trophy. If we can’t sort ourselves out domestically then things still look bleak long term 

Agreed. League form is bread and butter. Has Gerrard switched focus? 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Perhaps 

Hate to still feel negative because that tie was an excellent win but it can’t make up for what’s happened in the league unless we somehow win the Europa league 

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

No. But the way he has set us uo suits european teams who come at us.

We sit in and say "come at us" and play really nice football from midfield to get behind them.

4 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

A European run is great but it’s an extremely unlikely route to a trophy. If we can’t sort ourselves out domestically then things still look bleak long term 

Nobody thinks we're winning s European trophy fs.

The main thing is the money. 1.1m we just won tonight. Fuck knows how much we've earned up till now.

Play like this in Europe and bring in money for better players and we'll be brushing these hammer throwing cunts aside and going for Celtics throat. 

2 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

:stevieg:

The main thing is the money. 1.1m we just won tonight. Fuck knows how much we've earned up till now.

Play like this in Europe and bring in money for better players and we'll be brushing these hammer throwing cunts aside and going for Celtics throat. 

Fucked that quote but that man might do 

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I don't agree, the team kept the ball well, passed and move, closed down well all across the park. In the league we have done none of that

We dont have to close down teams in the league, the let us have the ball, sit deep and pack the middle, hit it long and allow us to make our own mistakes

A lot of money spent in Ryan Kent. A long long way to go to repay that money but he’s bagged us €1.1m tonight, additional gate receipts for the last 16 tie too.

For me, the leagues done and that is borderline unforgivable. If we finish 2nd by more points this year than last then I don’t know but we need to go and fuck Hearts at the weekend and chase silverware where we can. We can win the Scottish Cup.

30 games played under Gerrard.

3 defeats.

That is an absolutely astonishing record.

We might be struggling domestically but that stat alone proves he can manage, and his team can play.

Just need to figure out how to get back to pumping the SPFL dross !

Archived