Official EL Last 16 Draw Thread

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Inter was the hardest draw in the hat IMO.

Definitely.  Along with Man U & Sevilla.

Copenhagen, Basaksehir & Olympiakos possibly the easiest apart from having to go to Turkey & Greece.

Could have been worse but could have been better too.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Think it's

Away to Frankfurt.

Away to us.

Home to Bremen.

Home to us.

Away to Gladbach.

Not terrible.

They weren't quite at full strength. Bailey on the bench and Volland injured. Still won 1-3 though.

we have an old firm right in the middle of the two ties, much worse for us IMO

that being said, 3 wins on the trot will feel all the more lovely

No travel before the the taigs game. 

There was never going to be an easy tie at this stage, well, apart from Copenhagen.

Could've been worse, could've been better. 

Just delighted we're there. 

They won't be happy drawing us, that's certain. 

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

They won't be happy drawing us, that's certain. 

They’ll be fine with the draw, probably happy actually. We are doing well, but we are punching well above our weight.

When there are teams like Inter, Wolves, Man Utd, Sevilla, Inter & Roma still in the tournament then they are going to see us a favourable draw.

Not the hardest draw and not a soft touch. It will stop any complacency from our guys but Bayern Leverkusen are beatable and this Rangers team could do that. We have a real chance, if we play the way we know we can play.

Just now, DBBTB said:

They’ll be fine with the draw, probably happy actually. We are doing well, but we are punching well above our weight.

When there are teams like Inter, Wolves, Man Utd, Sevilla, Inter & Roma still in the tournament then they are going to see us a favourable draw.

That's what we want, teams thinking it's an easy draw but our support at home and away anything can happen I'm slightly optimistic football is football anything can happen Braga at home and Porto both great results for different reasons.

2 minutes ago, Stunels said:

we have an old firm right in the middle of the two ties, much worse for us IMO

that being said, 3 wins on the trot will feel all the more lovely

I think we play better the more we play and against better teams. Also we're at home twice. I'd be more worried going away to Ross County or something and I'm not even joking.

Biggest concern would be injuries. If we have a clean bill of health these games take care of themselves.

This is where we want and need to be. Welcome problem to have.

Archived