Penalty taker

Jamie0202

The stats read 4 out of our last 10 have been scored.

Off the top of my head I think that's Hagi, Arfield (despite scoring the rebound still goes down as a miss), Morelos and Tav 3 times (I think).

Who should be penalty taker then as we keep changing it?

Some people have suggested Barisic and Defoe is a good shout but he doesn't play all the time.

Personally I think it should go back to Tav and we like it or lump it if he misses despite missing 3 this season. He's proved it before he can score them. 15 in a row rings a bell?

4 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

I hope to fuck we are not involved in a shootout

lol. Against the odds we'd probably score 5 out of 5. It's odd that we keep missing them as most of them have been decent penalties. I thought Hagi's was good tonight and it was just a brilliant save but it keeps happening. Anyway, as per OP it should be back to Tav and only Tav.

14 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Have always thought it should be Morelos tbh. The fact he missed one big one shouldn’t change that

Think Alfie is too emotional to take pens to be honest and even when it comes to his outfield goals and play he’s more of an instinctive finisher than the more composed type imo. Always had a feeling Barsic would be a good penalty taker but I can’t remember him ever taking one so I’m probably wrong on that or he doesn’t feel confident enough to take them. I’d give them back to Tav he missed a few but his record before that was incredible about 15 in a row scored I saw someone in the match thread post.

One things for sure Gerrard needs to assess the squad and make a decision on who it’s going to be and stick with that, changing so often is ridiculous and I can’t think of any other team that chance the taker every pen.

He hit it OK tonight but that big keeper was having a great game and it was the perfect height for him, a low shot either side was what was needed but it is easy to say that sitting typing it out.

If Hagi feels he wants to take the next one I would let him go ahead.   

Archived