*****Official Hearts v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

10 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Can understand McCoist’s horror at watching that farce, considering his awareness in the box and the players surrounding him when he played. There was steel in those teams, now it’s been replaced by chiffon.

🤣

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Swagger said:

The board have backed him but we just don’t have the quality or mentality.

Every other team in the SPL would have given Hearts a tougher cup game tonight. That is the worst performance I’ve seen in a long time and there have been plenty to choose from, 

I'm not arguing your central point, I'm saying these performances are purely down to the players, not SG.
Every time a team has been allowed to bully us, harass us in a high press and generally wanted the game more than us we have invariably dropped points or lost.
Stack the European record up against the domestic record and what has been the difference? Tactics, preparation, team selection or player capitulation? 

4 minutes ago, Trialist said:

It’s not the boards fault, and it’s not Gerrard fault. It’s SDM who carries the blame.

He fucked us up big time

Yawn....so fucking boring.

why don't you fuck off and follow the tarrier child abusing cunts.

Just now, dummiesoot said:

The thing is celtic are not that good and we have gifted them everything 

They are a mile better than us though and have kicked on since losing to us. 
They are battering teams while we crumble week in week out.

4 minutes ago, ExilledWeegie123 said:

its Gerrads fault, the board have backed him more than any other manager since Walters last spell, he decided to spunk wages on shite like Ojo, Barker, Jones, Stewart, Hastie when all those wages combined couldve had us another 2-3 decent players who couldve boosted our first team but he chose to fill the squad with shite and now hes paying for it.

4 minutes ago, will2203 said:

Let me think....who picks the team? 

Theres your answer!

Did SG sanction all the signings or was it that director of football we had - that is incidentally not with us?

He can only pick the players from within his pool. Don't you think he knows that he has some donkeys?

Gerrard has more chance of the Livingstone job than the Liverpool job, to get that gig he would have had to pull up trees with us in a spectacular fashion and we would have loved that as our club would have been left in a  good solid state, the rest of the season will show what the man is made of as the honeymoon is well and truly over, am gutted.

16 minutes ago, 72barca said:

For him to be effective he needs supply from the midfield. It was knocked out and we needed  more than Defoe could offer.

So basically SG has built a one dimensional team that can only facilitate one of two strikers? AS i have said before, negligence is the place we all end up in no matter what way we look at this.

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

So basically SG has built a one dimensional team that can only facilitate one of two strikers? AS i have said before, negligence is the place we all end up in no matter what way we look at this.

When SG took over that team needed strengthened everywhere. They did what they could with the funds available.

I've been reliably informed by Kenny Millar's neighbour that our first summer signing will be Ronaldo.

1 minute ago, Jasper Blues said:

Sir Walter used to say that we needed two teams. 

One to play football in Europe and one to battle and fight in the league with a couple of footballers thrown in. 

Walter and Souness would still be in that dressing room gutting that shower of shite , not hiding away talking to his backroom staff..........

24 minutes ago, 72barca said:

I'm not arguing your central point, I'm saying these performances are purely down to the players, not SG.
Every time a team has been allowed to bully us, harass us in a high press and generally wanted the game more than us we have invariably dropped points or lost.
Stack the European record up against the domestic record and what has been the difference? Tactics, preparation, team selection or player capitulation? 

Bang on.  It's all about attitude and application from the players on a consistent basis.  If they can't do it, then we find others who can. 

17 minutes ago, 72barca said:

It’s a bit of both. The players don’t have the fight for what is the crap, physical football we have in Scotland but you have to question Gerrards thinking.  Hagi  has to start tonight - we have very little creativity and he’s stuck on the bench, bringing on a player with zero fight and very little ability to replace Arfield is baffling and he doesn’t seem to have the ability to change anything. 
We have been seeing these performances for weeks now and probably 99% of the support aren’t even surprised we are out.

The players have let us down but Gerrard has the responsibility  of getting the best out of them - poorer squads of players are taking the piss out of us on a weekly basis - I’ve just seen that’s Hearts fourth win since Nov, 2 x us, Falkirk and Airdrie  - that is unacceptable 

If Gerrard is turning to the bench and thinking fucking Ojo is the man to bring on to replace Arfield then we are in serious trouble 

We've played pretty poorly since the break but that is by far the worst we've played. 

By no means am I suggesting it's time up for the manager, I personally am not at that stage yet. However, today he has once again made an absolute cunt of it from first eleven to the subs afterwards. Credit where it's due on Thursday but at Rangers you're only as good as your next game.

Just now, FlippinEck said:

McGregor didn't do himself any favours with the goal 

He was in a no win situation. He thought about coming but was obviously wary of bringing the guy down. 

Tavernier completely to blame yet again. Show him the fucking door - shitebag waster 

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

You could list pretty much the entire squad but that is obviously unrealistic

What we have is the basis of what we will be going with next season. 

You can gift wrap 10 for them now. We are nowhere near stopping them in fact 55 is more of a worry 

No chance with Gerrard there .None if Tav is there .None if quite a few others are there 

100% no chance 

Archived