March in March

Darth Bear

Made the mistake of posting this in the OT last year where they are all fat lazy bastards. So to get the word out further and hopefully get more to sign up I'm posting it here.

Yeah Bear's Den :dunno:

So all you have to do is sign up, pay your fee and walk or run 10 miles in March. Simple really and gives support to a charity that has been severely suffering from a lack of funds lately. You even get a big fat shiney medal.

Anyone having a problem with this being here is a dirty taig fenian bastard.

https://www.marchinmarch.co.uk/race/march-in-march/

Link to donate

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/DarthBear

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Remember you posted this last year mate, absolutely hope you raised a great amount and hope you do this time around. No cunt should or will have an issue with it being in BD. Best of luck mate and is there an option to donate to your fund ? 

To be honest I wasn't going to fundraise myself for this one as I do a bit for combat stress in a group and raise money throughout the year. 

This for me is something that people can easily join in with and use to help raise awareness. Let's face it doing 10 miles in a month is a piece of piss.

However I will set something up if people on here are willing and wanting to donate and will post my wee walk.

Hopefully people sign up though, costs £20 and £15 goes directly to combat stress. Anyone fund raising with it can get themselves a few goodies too by reaching certain thresholds. 

Wouldn't want to take away from Erksine though so I will leave it up to you lot if you think I should make it a fundraiser.

Yass

big Darth thrown his frame about the Bears Den with no fucks given 

Hope this goes well for you big man and gets that little bit more exposure it deserves 

If I’m to do this I want the  10 mile route you take with a full itinerary of all pubs on said route 

jesting aside seeing as it’s in the Bears Den why not ask Rangers if you could do your ten mile around the pitch at Ibrox with like minded ppl. You never know if you don’t ask.:dunno:

Brilliant mate, it’s an absolutely amazing organisation and one my wife used to work directly with when she was a housing and addiction support officer for Glasgow’s helping Hero’s. 
that’s fantastic that you do so much for them with your spare time and I can’t imagine that people would have a problem donating, I can’t speak for others but I certainly would. I’ll speak to the wife and get us signed up also. Great effort mate, you’ve my total respect. 
each year the misses takes time off her work to raise money for the British legion and the amounts raised are always staggering, especially the collection tins from the louden and around the stadium. We all could easily do our bit but it’s easy to excuse it by life getting in the way. We always do a couple of the Rangers charity foundation things each year, and as much as every little helps many, I say I’ll do more then don’t. Your effort is no doubt appreciated as much as I’ve no doubt you don’t do it for recognition. 

8 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Yass

Hope this goes well for you big man and gets that little bit more exposure it deserves 

If I’m to do this I want the  10 mile route you take with a full itinerary of all pubs on said route 

jesting aside seeing as it’s in the Bears Den why not ask Rangers if you could do your ten mile around the pitch at Ibrox with like minded ppl. You never know if you don’t ask.:dunno:

Great shout about using Ibrox by the way. 

2 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Yass

I'd leave the Ibrox one to those in the UK but good shout.

The pub one could also be fun but not sure of a route that I can do here with that. Apart from running back and forth between villages :lol:

Get yourself signed up and encourage your mates.

Would be willing to add to the challenge if folks on here want to donate. 22 pressups every mile or something like that.

The more people that do it the more publicity and hopefully the more money raised. 

It's as much about awareness to be honest. 

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

The wife still has a lot of contact with GHH and SAFA so is going to make sure that link gets pushed through all the Glasgow offices and online. 

Good man.

I was on the phone with them about being abroad and doing it today and they are getting back to me on Monday. So hopefully I can help bears abroad if they fancy it.

Last years bling

15829312443845636433104725688770.jpg

15829312778648217466559928950234.jpg

Spoke to @Zetland and waiting on @govanblue but if all the raffle tickets are sold then possibly no worries on a fundraiser here.

Need to stress that the priority here is Erskine and this would just be a wee bonus but I'm willing to set up a fund raising link if you guys want it.

Will try and make it more intersesting than just a wee 10 mile walk, ideas appreciated.

Obviously doing nothing till I get the go ahead from those mentioned.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Daft question....does the 10 miles have to be done on the same day? 

You can do it over the whole month.

So easily done walking to work for example. It is basically set up so that just about anyone could do it regardless of fitness or spare time :tu:

14 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

Spoke to @Zetland and waiting on @govanblue but if all the raffle tickets are sold then possibly no worries on a fundraiser here.

Need to stress that the priority here is Erskine and this would just be a wee bonus but I'm willing to set up a fund raising link if you guys want it.

Will try and make it more intersesting than just a wee 10 mile walk, ideas appreciated.

Obviously doing nothing till I get the go ahead from those mentioned.

Absolutely fine with me.  Where do I donate?

Right then I've got round to signing up and setting up a fundraising page so if anyone wants to support Combat Stress this way instead of getting off their arses they can.

Of course you can do both :tu:

Planning a route now, trying to get a few pubs in on the way of course.

Will be a week or two before I actually do it, I'll keep you posted.

Route planned round the back roads through a couple of villages. Couple of pubs along the way for refreshments. Hopefully the locals don't kidnap me and sell me to mad torturers. 

First donation already in from a lovely, charming and beautiful person. So don't be ugly and chip in or sign up you know that it is a good cause. 

Planning on doing it next Friday at the moment so hopefully it doesn't piss it down. 

Will bump the thread a couple of times before then to keep it in mind.

6 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I thought this was going to be a thread for advice on how to combat the stress of being a Rangers fan.

You do that by donating to help actual warriors and forget for a moment what a bunch of pussies that represent us at the moment. Guaranteed to work or your money back :tu:

On 28/02/2020 at 21:24, Darth Bear said:

Made the mistake of posting this in the OT last year where they are all fat lazy bastards. So to get the word out further and hopefully get more to sign up I'm posting it here.

Yeah Bear's Den :dunno:

So all you have to do is sign up, pay your fee and walk or run 10 miles in March. Simple really and gives support to a charity that has been severely suffering from a lack of funds lately. You even get a big fat shiney medal.

Anyone having a problem with this being here is a dirty taig fenian bastard.

https://www.marchinmarch.co.uk/race/march-in-march/

Just signed up. Send me yours and il donate too

On 04/03/2020 at 14:09, Darth Bear said:

Original link edited to get rid of some sort of tracking shit. @govanblue is that good now?

Thought I had posted the just giving link I set up but obviously not so here you go.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/DarthBear

Donated.  :tu:

Archived