March in March

Darth Bear

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Combat Stress - Another Organisation close to our hearts. 
Received an email earlier tonight describing the struggles that they are trying to overcome and appealing for donations since so many of their planned Fundraisers etc have been cancelled.

I know it’s difficult to answer every request but imagine what lockdown is like for those with PTSD and other Health issues. 💙

15 hours ago, Zetland said:

Combat Stress - Another Organisation close to our hearts. 
Received an email earlier tonight describing the struggles that they are trying to overcome and appealing for donations since so many of their planned Fundraisers etc have been cancelled.

I know it’s difficult to answer every request but imagine what lockdown is like for those with PTSD and other Health issues. 💙

I've been thinking about doing a virtual challenge to try and raise funds for them to be honest some of which can be done as a team if anybody is interested? 

22 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

I've been thinking about doing a virtual challenge to try and raise funds for them to be honest some of which can be done as a team if anybody is interested? 

The RangersMedia Erskine Fund has always been a Loyal Supporter of Combat Stress...

For example, we've provided them with 4 Season tickets for the last four years...

CS_STs_zpslfw8ean7.thumb.jpg.0b7bd12c459d2cde8eba617fabe850af.jpg

Plus extra tickets when needed...

tickets_zps35c5251f.thumb.jpg.e7ca2c34a1f26949db4bb5e1fda4210e.jpg

Combat_Stress_Ibrox.jpg.3093373e52696560

We also bought them some bikes to help with their outdoor activities...

3bikes.thumb.jpg.04cb2c1fd26fd59e4407c39197eb166d.jpg

Some DVD players to help with their indoor activities...

3_DVDs.jpg.fcf771f0ca9b80c9fcdea2d9dca9e482.jpg

And we even arranged a meet & greet with the Famous Broxi Bravehound...

broxi_hollybush1.thumb.jpg.d70e32fadc85d0c63c69c933846a7bfb.jpg

:p:

We were planning on buying them some more bikes in the Summer, or some other outdoor equipment, but given the circumstances, maybe a cash donation would be more useful to them right now.

Shall we say £300?  

And with that out of the way, it's back to @Darth Bear who is now going to come up with some imaginative ways for us all to raise some more much-needed Funds for Combat Stress

https://www.combatstress.org.uk

@govanblue the amount of support our veterans get on RM is outstanding. 

These charities have been hit hard by current events and really are feeling the pinch. I understand that a lot of people here are too but as I said if people are willing to contribute and join in then I will be willing to set up a team to do one of the challenges in the link above. I mentioned the route 66 because it is the biggest and was thinking about doing it myself over a few months. 2200 miles approximately which between a few of us we could easily smash. You can walk, run, bike or swim it all sorts count towards the distance and as a team everyone's efforts add together. Of course there are smaller distances available like Hadrian's Wall or John O'Groats to Lands End. Walking to the shop and daily exercise could easily put a good few miles on every day. 

So like I said if interested say so here and we can sort something out. 

Otherwise I might just do the lot on my own and take more time 😂

Archived