Docherty

GOAT

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GOAT said:

On fire for the spoon burners.  Think he’ll ever get a chance here, or has he found his level?

did not think he was in the game much in the 1st half but he played very well 2nd half and scored a terrific goal  problem is he is not as good as our current midfield  maybe get a chance next year

I’m surprised he was let go when we have no box to box midfielder at moment.

Going forward though, No point any of us moaning about lack of quality and then accepting him back next season.

Hagi, Kent and Jack are going to be 3 of Midfield/Forward 6 next season. The other 3 need to be genuine quality.

3 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

Surely if we thought he had no chance he would have been sold, not loaned out 

Maybe no one was interested in buying him, plus he was part of the Kamberi loan deal. 

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

On fire for the spoon burners.  Think he’ll ever get a chance here, or has he found his level?

Think he's got a chance. Got a bit of a dig about him, & seems a calm head.

I like him, think he just wants to play football.

We signed so many of these guys who never got the chance of a decent run in a blue jersey to show what they can do in our team and formation, never mind anyone else's.

For me, Greg Docherty is one of those.

Defo not enough starts to judge him one way or the other. A couple of games here and there is nothing.

34 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Without looking too deeply at his performances with Hibs, his stats are becoming impressive.

Given Flo’s impact with us, it appears to be a swap which is shaping up very well for all concerned.

Think he’s done enough in his two loan spells and improved enough during them to get a crack at it at some point.

He would run all day, put a shift in and give us a bit of physicality in midfield - especially in certain away games - which then allows the other more creative players to go and influence the game.

We’ve had lots of players who have done that what is a pretty unimpressive, under the radar job like that over the years and had a decent Rangers career as a result. I don’t see why he couldn’t be another one, but I doubt he will ever get the chance now.

Archived