What do you think of the refs performance?

five stars

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Incidents like yesterday’s handball ,if VAR gave us a penalty the haters would be screaming , 

That’s why there would have to be a concerted level of training, accountability and consistency in incident decision making. The EPL will sort their house out re their obviously disjointed and sometimes ridiculous VAR rulings this close season and I expect a more level and ‘sensible’ code of guidance for 20/21. As far as introducing it here, there is a fairly obvious reason celtic are so entrenched in their opposition to it, which just makes it a whole lot more desirable and necessary to myself...

44 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

That’s why there would have to be a concerted level of training, accountability and consistency in incident decision making. The EPL will sort their house out re their obviously disjointed and sometimes ridiculous VAR rulings this close season and I expect a more level and ‘sensible’ code of guidance for 20/21. As far as introducing it here, there is a fairly obvious reason celtic are so entrenched in their opposition to it, which just makes it a whole lot more desirable and necessary to myself...

TLB was all for VAR in the lead up to the cup final ,not a peep since ,all part of the pressure on the ref that day along with the ref better not cost us the cup 

56 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

TLB was all for VAR in the lead up to the cup final ,not a peep since ,all part of the pressure on the ref that day along with the ref better not cost us the cup 

It’s a tactic they (especially him) have used to good effect over recent history, funny (obviously not) how since our challenge has faded the referees don’t figure much in their press output...

2 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

It’s a tactic they (especially him) have used to good effect over recent history, funny (obviously not) how since our challenge has faded the referees don’t figure much in their press output...

What we went through with refs in December and January cost us out season ,Don’t care what anybody says 

When Alfredo left the pitch and the throat cut gesture i interpretated it at the time he was finished and had enough ,fair enough he did create his own 2nd yellow but the blatant one sided performance after being sent off for celebrating earlier in the season and a one sided referee again in the final he knew the game was a bogey 

It was impossible for him to move in January unless an English team came in for him ,He couldn’t move abroad with his wife so far on in her pregnancy 

Without a focused Alfredo we were always going to be fragile and it proved that way and of course the refs had their say in it too ,Kilmarnock being ideal example 

There’s no way the phrase ,Referees better not stop us winning was only used before the cup final ,bet it came out behind closed doors plenty and the referees would be fully aware what calling a bad one against the taigs or a favourable one for us would mean for their private lives 

13 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

What we went through with refs in December and January cost us out season ,Don’t care what anybody says 

When Alfredo left the pitch and the throat cut gesture i interpretated it at the time he was finished and had enough ,fair enough he did create his own 2nd yellow but the blatant one sided performance after being sent off for celebrating earlier in the season and a one sided referee again in the final he knew the game was a bogey 

It was impossible for him to move in January unless an English team came in for him ,He couldn’t move abroad with his wife so far on in her pregnancy 

Without a focused Alfredo we were always going to be fragile and it proved that way and of course the refs had their say in it too ,Kilmarnock being ideal example 

There’s no way the phrase ,Referees better not stop us winning was only used before the cup final ,bet it came out behind closed doors plenty and the referees would be fully aware what calling a bad one against the taigs or a favourable one for us would mean for their private lives 

Very good point :tu: 

I wonder if those refs had anonymous text messages at half time asking for decisions to be changed,like the one reported in the news the other day?

20 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

would mean for their private lives 

This is undoubtedly a factor that plays heavily on the refereeing/ officiating community of that I have no doubt. Saying that, even with ‘AM’ obviously unsettled and not on his game the rest of the team just haven’t been good enough, refs or not...  

6 minutes ago, Robmc1 said:

This is undoubtedly a factor that plays heavily on the refereeing/ officiating community of that I have no doubt. Saying that, even with ‘AM’ obviously unsettled and not on his game the rest of the team just haven’t been good enough, refs or not...  

The whole club from board through management tho player and even the fans need to learn from the last 3 months 

You can bet the same will happen next season when it’s nip and tuck that the same tactics will be used 

Starting with the board they need to be strong and do whatever possible to nip all the snide off the field pish right in the bud 

As long as that cunt lieswell is involved he will fight a dirty fight ,Sporting integrity ,Tour of Japan and the cancellation of the new year game were all in the same season ,Not only was the game cancelled the cunt got to hand pick when the game was rescheduled,strangely enough the late winner in that game came from a taig that should have walked for an elbow too earlier in the game ,these are the same cunts that made a film about refs being against them 

Archived