Gerrard on the brink

Mor3los_1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

I’ll again reiterate my belief that a lot of us (myself not included) like idea of Gerrard being successful here more than success itself.

If nobody can see the same old story unfolding under Gerrards stewardship then they will never learn.

Hes failed and will continue to fail.

To be honest all season he looks like he’s aged 20 years. He looks tired. Jaded. He’s done.

So after he walks or is pushed who do we bring in?

Would you have sacked Klopp for his feeble finishes in his first two years at Liverpool, or fired off Fergie for similar failings at United? 

9 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

be honest all season he looks like he’s aged 20 years.

Haven’t you said this before?  He really doesn’t. He looks well pissed off like the rest of us, Aged 20 years...hardly...this was Wednesday.

317748AC-D60E-4BEC-B02C-DADD96584A95.jpeg

1 minute ago, andyhrfc said:

Would you have sacked Klopp for his feeble finishes in his first two years at Liverpool, or fired off Fergie for similar failings at United? 

He was competing with sides who are managed by the best in the world and have better players than he had. Still do now in most areas of the pitch.

We are miles behind a side managed by Neil Lennon signing players out of the Israeli and polish leagues. Not even from the best sides in their league.

I don't think it's a question of talent but that it's a mix of the team being low on confidence against teams who take the game to them - i.e shitebags (a whole crisis of confidence is unlikely given Wednesday's result). AND that the players don't necessarily believe in the tactics against the low block are working. This spells bad news for Gerrard and obviously us IMO as he is quite a head strong character and it hasn't looked like he is willing to mix things up. He only needs to look at recent history to see that this approach doesn't end well.

What's the alternative though?  Unrest behind the scenes? There's been constant lines from sources in the club that this is bullshit but could that be a cover up. Are certain players causing it? 

Something definitely stinks as the change in results in just 8 weeks has been unbelievable.

As a club we almost certainly can't afford to lay the whole management staff off and start again. We are going to have to get comfortable with that.

12 minutes ago, dee9 said:

And that's why they aren't good enough....the league isn't decided in December mate.

You know what I was getting at fine well. I cannot fathom how much we have fucked up in both the league, especially when we were handed the advantage, and now the Scottish cup. No the league is not decided in December however we have royally fucked it since coming back, we all allowed for the sluggish display against Stranraer but since then we have fucked up big time.

13 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If gerrard doesnt get final say on transfers then he is a bigger loser in management than it looks the now, 

I don't know what happens behind the scenes but it's a well known fact he was tracking him (and Stewart) for a long time.

Just now, chris182 said:

I don't know what happens behind the scenes but it's a well known fact he was tracking him (and Stewart) for a long time.

Tracking probably hundreds of players, but if a man like gerrard doesnt have final say on transfers then he is a mug who'll never succeed in management

A manager needs to trust the players he signs, if he doesnt sign them he doesnt trust them, and that leads to shite performances

16 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Comparing klopp and fergie, two successful managers before liverpool and united respectively, to a guy who was an u18's coach less than 2 years ago

Fuck me

10 minutes ago, chris182 said:

I don't think it's a question of talent but that it's a mix of the team being low on confidence against teams who take the game to them - i.e shitebags (a whole crisis of confidence is unlikely given Wednesday's result). AND that the players don't necessarily believe in the tactics against the low block are working. This spells bad news for Gerrard and obviously us IMO as he is quite a head strong character and it hasn't looked like he is willing to mix things up. He only needs to look at recent history to see that this approach doesn't end well.

What's the alternative though?  Unrest behind the scenes? There's been constant lines from sources in the club that this is bullshit but could that be a cover up. Are certain players causing it? 

Something definitely stinks as the change in results in just 8 weeks has been unbelievable.

As a club we almost certainly can't afford to lay the whole management staff off and start again. We are going to have to get comfortable with that.

You do realise braga took the game to us wed night, difference was we had something to hold on to, 

Gerrard struggles to take the upper hand in games, hence why we suck domestically 

Archived